Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/lnculta/status/1312988528972894209

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
The movie Gamer is incredibly good if only for the amazing payoff of Michael C. Hall's marionette dance scene thing towards the end.

It's like when I sit a group of friends down to watch Lynch's Dune and I keep telling them to just keep holding on, because there's something at the end that makes it all worth it

But then when Alia intones "and how can this beeeeeee? for he IS the kwisatz haderach!" and I look around the room looking for emotional reaction and approval and I am met with nothing but dead faces and cold eyes

And I think, maybe we should have watched Gamer instead

Well, that's a thing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

postmodifier posted:

It's like when I sit a group of friends down to watch Lynch's Dune and I keep telling them to just keep holding on, because there's something at the end that makes it all worth it

But then when Alia intones "and how can this beeeeeee? for he IS the kwisatz haderach!" and I look around the room looking for emotional reaction and approval and I am met with nothing but dead faces and cold eyes

This sounds like me but with Ralph Bakshi's Wizards and also far more disbelief if the people around me don't appreciate the ending

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Where else would he be?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Saint Freak posted:

A remake of The Producers but it's Star Citizen instead of Springtime For Hitler

As long as the song is still in it I'm down for that.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh yeah Keanu is in Cyberpunk isn’t he. I saw a YouTube ad where Keanu, as himself, says stuff like “Buckle up cyberfriends, it’s showtime”

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the video game equivalent of The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman?

I want to say Duke Nukem Forever but I feel like there must be a better example.

Homestuck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

"My name is a killing word"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I said come in! posted:

After Witcher 3, I am positive CP77 will be great.

I love Witcher 3 and I don’t think cyberpunk will be a Witcher 3

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the video game equivalent of The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy, Gentleman?

I want to say Duke Nukem Forever but I feel like there must be a better example.

frog fractions

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"My name is a killing word"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait to watch Ryan Reynolds hook up with Wyldstyle.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it's day 1 of early access who care

those two takes are basically going to be the two primary takes moving forward, this is the game they released and "EA" just means in XX months you can also buy it without EA and a couple of patches that don't go anywhere towards addressing core issues. They're going to tweak numbers and poo poo but lol it's too late to rewrite the game and characters and level designs and systems

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Khanstant posted:

those two takes are basically going to be the two primary takes moving forward, this is the game they released and "EA" just means in XX months you can also buy it without EA and a couple of patches that don't go anywhere towards addressing core issues. They're going to tweak numbers and poo poo but lol it's too late to rewrite the game and characters and level designs and systems

This is Larian we're talking about, they rewrote their entire third act a year after D:OS2 came out.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Khanstant posted:

Are you familiar with Larian's EA phases?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Also important to note that Baldurs Gate 3 early access only has a tiny portion of the game to play.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Vermain posted:

I always find divergences of opinion like this fascinating, since I found DS1's controls to be sluggish, awkward, and generally unresponsive, especially compared to modern titles with similar control schemes and gameplay (e.g. Code Vein). I wonder if it's a consequence of me having only played the PC port, or if there's a difference in how less engrossed I was in the world that also contributed to gamefeel satisfaction.

theyre deliberate. stuff like code vein doesnt carry any weight in its combat and there is less risk in each action. the main thing that put me off of code vein was the combat feeling so lifeless and weird. even the later souls games fall into making the combat less weighty, 3 being the worst offender where its barely the same combat because its a weird half way house between dark souls and bloodborne and fails at doing either well enough. bloodborne and sekiro adapt the combat to a faster style well by changing the entire pace of the game and the core mechanics.

lets hang out posted:

yeah that's the trick to hooking into people's brain worms

so is putting in 900 collectibles and spreading your dungeon rooms out across a giant empty map to inflate the playtime to twice as long as normal. the difference is genshin has a weird astral chain-esque combat system thats actually fun

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Split the difference, Kirby winning at Bingo against bowsette.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kerrzhe posted:

diablo 3, starcraft 2, beyond good and evil 2

edit: oh i misread the question. gap between announcement and release not between sequels. uhhh...

star citizen. probably also beyond good and evil 2.

How much of Darksiders counts? Weren't they originally going to PS2 titles?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/JusticeKazzy_/status/1313563006203199495

https://twitter.com/JusticeKazzy_/status/1313566388796227585

A blanket ban on the word Kong.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

anti-donkey kong sentiments

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I love Witcher 3 and I don’t think cyberpunk will be a Witcher 3

I mean, to be fair, CP2077 might also have serviceable-to-poor combat, rpg mechanics, and open world elements and require a patch because it controls like trash at launch.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

homeless snail posted:

anti-donkey kong sentiments

Next Returns game to bring back K. Rool as not only a playable character but THE ONLY playable character.

Finally the Glory of the Kremling will rise again!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
account was already made private

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh, well basically it was that you aren't allowed to say the words "Taiwan" or "Hong Kong" in Genshin Impact chat.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

Someone post a forbidden Kirby.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah if you say anything negative about china on twitter your account gets destroyed. vtuber said the word taiwan on stream and is now banned in china and also you can't say her name in genshin either, another vtuber posts they had dinner with them and their mentions are full of people saying shes cancelled too now

the word lists come from the state at least though, i don't think you can say taiwan or kiryu coco in any chinese game

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
seems like maybe the ethical thing to do is to genshin impact yourself into another game

just kidding we're all under the boot please find happiness where you can

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I'm surprised how many are skeptical about Cyberpunk. Sure, it could play clunky, but the setting itself is so exciting and looks well-realized from the material they've shown.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

the thing i'm most apprehensive about is how the developer that made a 150-hour rpg where every single character down to the nameless townsfolk is white is going to handle a game set in an ethnically diverse city where gangs like the "animals" and "voodoo boys" have largely been represented by characters of color

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codeacious posted:

I'm surprised how many are skeptical about Cyberpunk. Sure, it could play clunky, but the setting itself is so exciting and looks well-realized from the material they've shown.

I think its healthy to be a bit skeptical about this game. It's the biggest AAA title of the year with massive expectations. I want it to be extremely good, but I can see all sorts of ways the whole experience can end up being underwhelming.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Codeacious posted:

its been in insane crunch for like a year and a half straight

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also cdpr make mostly boring games with bad combat

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

homeless snail posted:

yeah if you say anything negative about china on twitter your account gets destroyed. vtuber said the word taiwan on stream and is now banned in china and also you can't say her name in genshin either, another vtuber posts they had dinner with them and their mentions are full of people saying shes cancelled too now

the word lists come from the state at least though, i don't think you can say taiwan or kiryu coco in any chinese game

Does the party also micromanage the vtuber ban list?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Rinkles posted:

Does the party also micromanage the vtuber ban list?

I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't. In Dota2 a few years ago there was an SEA player who did a Chinese Racism and the loving mayor of the city where an upcoming tournament was happening called Valve to tell them to ban this guy from the tournament otherwise they were going to shut down the tournament. The party micromanages EVERYTHING

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a question about the rules of Games but I also have no idea which people are mods and which are IKs at this point. I think some of them read this thread, any of you mods want to volunteer?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

You should be skeptical of any western AAA game imo. They are typically boring, shiny misery simulators made under inhumane conditions

Play Astral Chain instead

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

All my homies hate AAA games made by western studios

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I would be genuinely surprised if they didn't. In Dota2 a few years ago there was an SEA player who did a Chinese Racism and the loving mayor of the city where an upcoming tournament was happening called Valve to tell them to ban this guy from the tournament otherwise they were going to shut down the tournament. The party micromanages EVERYTHING

Did Valve do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Acerbatus posted:

I have a question about the rules of Games but I also have no idea which people are mods and which are IKs at this point. I think some of them read this thread, any of you mods want to volunteer?

hello I am here and an IK. If it needs a full mod, Relax or DIE is the more active of the two right at the moment. our IKs are junior mods, not specific to threads, so I can probably help you though!