Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

I hope the padres win the world series because the mets arent in the playoffs so they cant win the world series. Lets go mets baby love the mets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who was better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB5gKFof_4k

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Doesn't matter if it's self-aware or not - gently caress the Dodgers

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Oakland losing to Houston would be infuriating but of course that is what is going to happen

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
son of a bitch

https://twitter.com/craigmish/status/1313490151155396610?s=21

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Nodoze posted:

Oakland losing to Houston would be infuriating but of course that is what is going to happen

I dont think it will happen, but think that would be good actually.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nodoze posted:

It would certainly be what I deserve for having hope

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Braves keeping Sandoval on the roster, dropped Camargo and third catcher Contreras to make room for Wilson and Ynoa, neither of whom has any business pitching in the playoffs but it's not like there's anyone better to take those places.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers DS roster:

https://twitter.com/alannarizzo/status/1313506570794422272

No Rios, which is appropriate because I picked him for breakout postseason hero this year

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Rays broadcasters are complete shitheads just like the Rays.

https://twitter.com/ncostanzo24/status/1313500923638018049

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that is the most weak, tepid "wishing an injury on someone" ive ever heard

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Why don't baseball players wear something like light hockey gloves to keep their valuable hands from shattering on bad pitches?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bewbies posted:

Why don't baseball players wear something like light hockey gloves to keep their valuable hands from shattering on bad pitches?

Anything bulkier than what they use now would probably gently caress with their swings.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ohtani wears the most significant hand armor, because his lead hand is also his pitching hand

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

:lol: come on man, you’re just looking for a fight at this point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the ALCS ends up being Yankees/Astros yet again and the Astros sneak by them, I expect mcmagic to literally explode with rage

As in someone is going to be covered in his ichor

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

If the ALCS ends up being Yankees/Astros yet again and the Astros sneak by them, I expect mcmagic to literally explode with rage

As in someone is going to be covered in his ichor

I’d rather see the Yanks bounced by the Rays for maximum schadenfreude.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I’d rather see the Yanks bounced by the Rays for maximum schadenfreude.

Can it be on what would be a series winning hit by Judge as he pulls up lame unable to reach 1st in time while the Rays announcers giggle?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sure mcmagic would 1000% prefer to lose to the Rays than the Astros

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Well if the Braves continue to hit like today this is going to be a short series

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FlamingLiberal posted:

Well if the Braves continue to hit like today this is going to be a short series

Marlins have good pitching

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

I thought your football posts were bad but boy oh boy are your baseball takes worse.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

TheBizzness posted:

I thought your football posts were bad but boy oh boy are your baseball takes worse.

I assume you don't go into C-SPAM much

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

IcePhoenix posted:

Marlins have good pitching
Our #1 starter had a great game but the bullpen just fell apart

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julio Cruz posted:

I assume you don't go into C-SPAM much

Why would anyone willingly go into cspam

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
God I hate the Astros and this is exactly what the MLB deserves for this 16 team farce of a postseason. Burn it all down, Houston Astros included.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Playoff baseball is more fun when you have no real stake in the outcome either way, not gonna lie.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This actually rules quite a bit

The Astros have already achieved more success than I ever expected. Getting past the Twins alone was a success

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

This actually rules quite a bit

The Astros have already achieved more success than I ever expected. Getting past the Twins alone was a success

Agreed. This season is already a massive, massive success for the Astros.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kirios posted:

Agreed. This season is already a massive, massive success for the Astros.

Except for the 29-31 record, JV exploding into dust, and Osuna somehow probably escaping a no-brainer non-tender situation that could have finally banished his scumbag rear end for good, sure.

I mean, we haven’t been good. We’ve been lucky (aside from the latter two aforementioned issues).

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Except for the 29-31 record, JV exploding into dust, and Osuna somehow probably escaping a no-brainer non-tender situation that could have finally banished his scumbag rear end for good, sure.

I mean, we haven’t been good. We’ve been lucky (aside from the latter two aforementioned issues).

But that's exactly what I mean. Despite all of those things we're fighting to go 2-0 in the ALDS. They have no business making it this far - it's been awesome to watch it unfold live.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I'm still counting on the news to drop in December that Osuna is getting TJS after all after it's too late to non tender him

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The Marlins need to cut the poo poo and stop hitting Acuña before the Braves start bringing their bats out of the dugout with them

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I would like to note that the Astros started having success the second Trump and all 40 of his favorite aides were diagnosed with COVID

This team could be the anti-2016 Cubs, ushering him out instead of ushering him in

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Imagine actually giving up a baserunner to throw at somebody in a loving postseason game over unwritten rules poo poo. Acuna barely even flipped the loving bat, get over yourself Alcantara.

...Oh who am I kidding that was entirely ordered by Don "No fun allowed, particularly if your skin is black or brown" Mattingly.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If I were the Marlins I'd care more about not giving up homeruns than someone pimping one

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lol im not sure you want this smoke Sandy, I'm reasonably sure Moylan would catch a flight and put on a uni if there was a throwdown

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsBraves/status/1313612610043023360?s=19

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 6, 2020

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Intruder posted:

I would like to note that the Astros started having success the second Trump and all 40 of his favorite aides were diagnosed with COVID

This team could be the anti-2016 Cubs, ushering him out instead of ushering him in

gently caress outta here, the Astros are the literal avatar of Trumpist America within baseball

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

gently caress outta here, the Astros are the literal avatar of Trumpist America within baseball

Dude the Cubs are right there. Their owner is even deep in the Trump's pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Then why did they infect Trump with covid I ask you

e: lmao stephen miller has tested positive, get the gently caress in