Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Hmm, looks like I have the blueprints and enough exotic components to build 2 Hardwired pieces, but from the item descriptions I wouldn't be able to get more components until back in DC.

In other news, 39 is mine, by way of some extra elite turf fighting and a couple more gang bounties and some exploration and control points and poo poo. After more gear pimping, of course.

My robots seem... healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Which is the best overall shotgun for Hunter's Fury anywho- I have like 4 different god-roll shotguns I've had sitting in storage forever.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

870 if you want a pump, the most damage, and a slow reload. Six12 if you want an auto, fast reload, but at least better damage than a saiga.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Fabricated posted:

Which is the best overall shotgun for Hunter's Fury anywho- I have like 4 different god-roll shotguns I've had sitting in storage forever.

If you play Summit, I've had some fun running around with a combination of pulse + sandman. Spot the purples, make a beeline for lieutenants and / or heavy gunners, and delete them from the map.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Fabricated posted:

I've been using The Mop with Pummel to keep up on both my armor and my magazine. It's delicious.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
The Eclipse changes made it so fire builds prefer to have both the chest piece and backpack, while pure support builds will probably be better off with just using the 3 pc bonus.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Olds posted:

The Eclipse changes made it so fire builds prefer to have both the chest piece and backpack, while pure support builds will probably be better off with just using the 3 pc bonus.

why would a support build not want indirect transmission, aka the 4pc bonus

spreading foam or disrupt is still excellent?

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd

Morter posted:

I've been using The Mop with Pummel to keep up on both my armor and my magazine. It's delicious.

What is the red pulse all about? I think I've seen other players use this but I've never looked into which talent it comes from.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

Psion posted:

why would a support build not want indirect transmission, aka the 4pc bonus

spreading foam or disrupt is still excellent?

10 meters is really short, and you can just foam again. Jammer pulse is already an AoE effect. I would rather have more status effect or Acosta's. Also Tag Team/Creeping Death would help much more than an unreliable spread of short duration CC.

Olds fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 4, 2020

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Severed posted:

What is the red pulse all about? I think I've seen other players use this but I've never looked into which talent it comes from.

The pulse from the dying enemies is the current Global Event

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Severed posted:

It's from the current global event, SHD Exposed. If you're in combat long enough, you get a 'charge', which makes you more susceptible to targeting and damage. If you melee someone or go cover-to-cover, you spread it around and the enemies take more damage. Each 'exposed' enemy sends out a pulse when killed, 'exposing' anyone nearby. As seen, you can chain kill whole rooms/waves with that. It makes pummel or other on-kill builds very fun

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
I've been running Hunter's Fury with 2 pieces of Belstone armoury ( for the extra AOK ), Chatterbox and Gunner spec. It absolutely shreds Heroic solo in the Summit ( although Rogue agents are tough ) especially once you get the ROF buff going and it still works in two mans. I haven't tried it in Legendary ( I normally switch to my Sacrifice / Vigilance Boomerang Urban MDR at that point for the deeps ). Never having to reload ( once you've got the ROF buff ), the slight mag extension, and Gunner pulse in an environment that supports CQB is great but it definitely struggles in Open world activities where you are constantly being flanked at range.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

It's still wild to me that unlike every other gear set, the Eclipse backpack unique thing works as a 1PC, giving it glass cannon numbers but as a backpack and zero drawbacks. For proper Vile nonsense with it it's best to just have the backpack, some GC china light chest and make up the rest with complementary golds. Max out explosive damage since the Vile ticks are scaled from your grenade and do big numbers at all times with zero risk. Run it with a perpetuation LMG just for the extra funtimes.

The most braindead way to play it is just running a giant fuckoff jammer pulse and then either foam/fire for the chem launcher. Who needs creeping death when you can just jam the entire arena on a tiny cooldown? It's CC but you also do huge amounts of damage, what's not to love.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Welp, fo'ty is done, plus few on top. I kept getting Two Bridges bounties that sent me back to that Conley-hunt location by the safehouse - think I did six so far. :black101: Still have half of Conley and Pachinko Jumanji Knife-boy rear end in a top hat to hunt, and three parts for the Wall Street target. Need one last SHD cache in Battery Park before I continue, though.

Did get an exotic, though! Acosta's Go Bag, with near-perfect skill damage. Also just snagged a level 40 The Darkness, so I can shred my level 32 one, unless I want to save it for my msin (non-boosted) char. Still no gearset drops, though.

More tomorrow, maybe I can get fini... oh, who am I kidding, there's at least four different locations that are accessible but nothing there yet, and that's not even calling in hunters. :suicide:

Getting my money's worth out of it, anyway.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

masterpine posted:

It's still wild to me that unlike every other gear set, the Eclipse backpack unique thing works as a 1PC, giving it glass cannon numbers but as a backpack and zero drawbacks. For proper Vile nonsense with it it's best to just have the backpack, some GC china light chest and make up the rest with complementary golds. Max out explosive damage since the Vile ticks are scaled from your grenade and do big numbers at all times with zero risk. Run it with a perpetuation LMG just for the extra funtimes.

The most braindead way to play it is just running a giant fuckoff jammer pulse and then either foam/fire for the chem launcher. Who needs creeping death when you can just jam the entire arena on a tiny cooldown? It's CC but you also do huge amounts of damage, what's not to love.

I'm going to have to disagree when you can run up to spawn and hit them with the flamethrower doing 800~k damage per tick on the entire group.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Flamethrower has been completely busted since the WONY launch yeah? Very on brand for Massive to have not fixed that. Last time I was in the DZ it was just roving packs of Firecrests one-shotting everything.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

masterpine posted:

Flamethrower has been completely busted since the WONY launch yeah? Very on brand for Massive to have not fixed that. Last time I was in the DZ it was just roving packs of Firecrests one-shotting everything.

For PvP contexts, apparently, though it seems to be mostly in Conflict now that they fixed Tip of the Spear giving you spec ammo in DZ.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Is there a reason to enjoy the Rogue Agent encounters? Was running Kajima the other day with a rando on Heroic (bored, answered the call) and three of them popped up in the tunnel area with the random falling rock/AoE damage. Between the two of us with probably inefficient builds it took waaaay loving longer than necessary since those three guys just bunker down behind the really good cover and lob all sorts of status effects and AoE at us between healing and laser aim with high damage.

We finally got rid of them all but the rewards are so not worth it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I don’t know if they can roll loot quality higher than the difficulty you encounter them on but they do each seem to have a fairly high chance to drop a named item.

One thing is that rogues always come with a checkpoint no matter what difficulty you’re playing on. So if you really don’t want to bother you can just die to them and you’ll start at the beginning of the room again but it will be the normal fight.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I'm pretty sure they don't pop up on Normal. I was rushing through Shade just to get it done over the weekend and ran Tombs and Tanker on normal. Nary a rogue agent in sight. I probably would have had a small squad pop up if I and bumped it to Hard.

I do not like rerunning the NYC missions. Liberty Island is NEVER fun (for me).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hatelull posted:

Is there a reason to enjoy the Rogue Agent encounters? Was running Kajima the other day with a rando on Heroic (bored, answered the call) and three of them popped up in the tunnel area with the random falling rock/AoE damage. Between the two of us with probably inefficient builds it took waaaay loving longer than necessary since those three guys just bunker down behind the really good cover and lob all sorts of status effects and AoE at us between healing and laser aim with high damage.

We finally got rid of them all but the rewards are so not worth it.

Rogues do not know how to deal against someone with Negotiator. If you tag one, the other has a chance of not even trying to heal while you're dealing indirect damage. Sometimes they just freak out and run out of cover suicide mode so using any sort of CC can just gently caress them (foam grenades, fire grenades or whatever).

That is of course if you don't get both nailed with oxidizer and a sniper turret shot at the same time :shepface:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

I actually have a Negotiator's build (4 piece cribbed from someone a few pages back that plays way more than I do) and I've run around with it on occasion but honestly I'm not entirely sure how to use it to the best effect. Also, that build used Glass Cannon and holy gently caress it makes you squishy. I should experiment with it some more.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

hatelull posted:

I'm pretty sure they don't pop up on Normal. I was rushing through Shade just to get it done over the weekend and ran Tombs and Tanker on normal. Nary a rogue agent in sight. I probably would have had a small squad pop up if I and bumped it to Hard.

I do not like rerunning the NYC missions. Liberty Island is NEVER fun (for me).

Like a lot of commendations I’m pretty sure rogues do only come up on hard or above.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I always play with Perfect Glass Cannon so I am just used to dying if I take 2 hits. I don't even know what "normal" is anymore.

I can't stand Focus scoping.

Wearing my chonky True Patriot makes me feel like an unkillable golden god, though, and is super fun in groups that take advantage of it.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

DarkDobe posted:

I always play with Perfect Glass Cannon so I am just used to dying if I take 2 hits. I don't even know what "normal" is anymore.

I can't stand Focus scoping.

Wearing my chonky True Patriot makes me feel like an unkillable golden god, though, and is super fun in groups that take advantage of it.

I run Focus on a DPS build with the named that gives you perfect Lucky Shot. It's probably not the most efficient, and I should find/craft another M1AC with boomerang or rifleman. but I don't mind it with groups. If I can be patient and have enough time for talent to proc on a full clip I can land some headshots and drop stuff in a most timely fashion. I should get more practice with using a shield and going Rambo on dudes.

hatelull fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 6, 2020

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

hatelull posted:

I actually have a Negotiator's build (4 piece cribbed from someone a few pages back that plays way more than I do) and I've run around with it on occasion but honestly I'm not entirely sure how to use it to the best effect. Also, that build used Glass Cannon and holy gently caress it makes you squishy. I should experiment with it some more.

Glass Cannon is for big numbers at the range and yelling for your teammate to pick you up on voice chat. On my Negotiator's build I run the chest and BP with contractor's gloves and coyote.

The key on Negotiator's is you don't focus one target you try to light up everyone running out then focus someone once you've got marks up. Especially works with 1 chonk and a few adds - if you tag the adds then just start lighting up the chonker, it damages all of them and you kill the reds and purps hiding in cover while beating up the chonker.

They require complementary builds, but Spotter, Intimidate and Focus are much more my style than glass cannon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MunchE posted:

Glass Cannon is for big numbers at the range and yelling for your teammate to pick you up on voice chat.

As someone that runs heal support on legendaries this triggers me

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
And Conley is toast - couldn't be simple of course.

Head out from the safehouse, because it was closer to the tanker, and... hostage rescue right in the way. Do that... and get a bounty (not at the usual spot), go clear it, cool. Back to the safehouse so I'm not running into more stuff along the way, cruise through without much trouble, chew through everything else until I blow up the refinery, go to loot the drops an

<...>

<...>

Frozen in mid-step, ambient sound still going, drone drifting slightly in the wind, my beautiful hair waving in the breeze. Could rotate the camera around, but nothing else worked. :smith: Had to kill the game via task manager and restart. :smithicide:

On restart? Same poo poo - hostage, bounty, return to safehouse, murder my way through the outside, no freeze this time, almost die due to multiple purple shield pricks on initial tanker entry, make my way to the top desk, take a few minutes under fire until I find the fuse boxes for the big dumb fire thing, Conley comes out...

WHAT THE gently caress IS THAT THING HOLY poo poo :supaburn:

She actually died to to Angry Bird and Rollie Ball Murders fairly easily, I was just dodging fire clouds and rear end in a top hat spawns for a bit. No exotic or gearset, but I did get the Anarchist's Cookbook named... pack? I think.

Back to Haven, sell/grind loot, fast-travel over to the CP near the Castle in Battery Park because a side mission popped there. "Contamination detected" bla bla bla, did all that, watched the Echo, headed back to the CP...

HOSTAGE RESCUE.

BOUNTY.

Right back to the Castle.

Named targets ended up being Shield Bosses, but they kept focusing on the drone and turning their backs on me and my Sadist whatever-variant-AR-is-is, and sucking cluster mines.

Server was going down in half an hour, so I dropped. Looks like I was wrong, both Conley and Edgelord McAnimesword were one mission left.

And I still need to find that goddamn SHD cache.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ygolonac posted:

And Conley is toast - couldn't be simple of course.

Head out from the safehouse, because it was closer to the tanker, and... hostage rescue right in the way. Do that... and get a bounty (not at the usual spot), go clear it, cool. Back to the safehouse so I'm not running into more stuff along the way, cruise through without much trouble, chew through everything else until I blow up the refinery, go to loot the drops an

<...>

<...>

Frozen in mid-step, ambient sound still going, drone drifting slightly in the wind, my beautiful hair waving in the breeze. Could rotate the camera around, but nothing else worked. :smith: Had to kill the game via task manager and restart. :smithicide:

That still happens huh? I used to get that a fair amount when the game came out and it always happened during vaulting or climbing. I upgraded my computer a few months after and it hasn’t happened since. I feel it must at least have some part to do with performance somehow but I only use computers.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

MunchE posted:

Glass Cannon is for big numbers at the range and yelling for your teammate to pick you up on voice chat. On my Negotiator's build I run the chest and BP with contractor's gloves and coyote.

The key on Negotiator's is you don't focus one target you try to light up everyone running out then focus someone once you've got marks up. Especially works with 1 chonk and a few adds - if you tag the adds then just start lighting up the chonker, it damages all of them and you kill the reds and purps hiding in cover while beating up the chonker.

They require complementary builds, but Spotter, Intimidate and Focus are much more my style than glass cannon.

So you run 4 of the six, skipping talents on the BP and chest? Interesting. With Gunner I guess? What sort of weapons/skills are you rolling?

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I usually find rogues are pretty heavily neutered by foam and fire. Barring that, afking in cover while putting up assault turret and striker drone works pretty well solo.

When I run Negotiator's Dilemma, I usually run an AR with Perfect Focus and Fox's Prayers with Crusader Shield/Revive Hive. I also have a Steady Handed Stoner but I'm not a fan of it.

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

hatelull posted:

So you run 4 of the six, skipping talents on the BP and chest? Interesting. With Gunner I guess? What sort of weapons/skills are you rolling?

Running New Reliable with a trusty M1AC as a backup. The Chest and Backpack talents on ND set aren't bad - the chestpiece lets you mark 5 baddies instead of 3 which admittedly is situational but great for obliterating spawn groups, and the backpack boosts your spread damage by 40% which is worth having. I ran a version before with other pieces for the chest/BP but getting Coyote's Mask and Contractor's Gloves is pretty nice for an LMG build.

You're right re: gunner, and I'm just running a drone (heal/shooty depending) and a reviver hive. Mine's sitting at 45% CHC and 168%CHD so pretty good overall. Gets an extra 14% dmg to armor between the weapon attribute + contractor's gloves.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

MunchE posted:

Running New Reliable with a trusty M1AC as a backup. The Chest and Backpack talents on ND set aren't bad - the chestpiece lets you mark 5 baddies instead of 3 which admittedly is situational but great for obliterating spawn groups, and the backpack boosts your spread damage by 40% which is worth having. I ran a version before with other pieces for the chest/BP but getting Coyote's Mask and Contractor's Gloves is pretty nice for an LMG build.

You're right re: gunner, and I'm just running a drone (heal/shooty depending) and a reviver hive. Mine's sitting at 45% CHC and 168%CHD so pretty good overall. Gets an extra 14% dmg to armor between the weapon attribute + contractor's gloves.

Thanks! Definitely something I'm going to play with tonight. Pretty sure I can come up with most of this from my stash. I don't think I have a New Reliable, but I can figure something out. necessyar.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Kibayasu posted:

That still happens huh? I used to get that a fair amount when the game came out and it always happened during vaulting or climbing. I upgraded my computer a few months after and it hasn’t happened since. I feel it must at least have some part to do with performance somehow but I only use computers.

Running past a puddle, actually.

That character looks kind of like a young Michael Douglas playing a biker, with long loose hair and the Lemmystache.

Might try decoy & firey poopflinger a bit when hunting that last SHD case. Looking at my numbers, the decoy is 190% threat, which hopefully will draw a crowd.

I keep running into elites that have a number as a "name", is that supposed to be that way? Not certain that I've run into any unscripted rogues, if I did it was in the middle of a fight and either they got whacked or I did. I have gotten ISAC alerts for things like "rogue airburst seeker mine detected", but the only SHD glitching I've seen was with the True Sons jammer mission, and the SHD agent distress call where the dude shocktrapped me and then left without killing me, back in DC>

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 6, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rogue agents can spawn in the open world at random as well as missions and control points and when they do they almost always start fighting with other NPCs so their skills come out. However if you don’t actually go toward them and start fighting they’ll despawn like anything else.

You can also get “rogue [skill] detected” from named enemies with skills which will come from open world bosses if you don’t have a bounty on.

Rogue agents are similar to Hunters but different. Hunters are the guys that glitch your HUD, the guy that shocked you in that DC side mission was a Hunter, and if you’ve ever noticed your HUD glitch in the open world for no reason that means there’s a Hunter on a rooftop or in a building watching you. Those last ones don’t ever attack you though.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Ygolonac posted:

Running past a puddle, actually.

That character looks kind of like a young Michael Douglas playing a biker, with long loose hair and the Lemmystache.

Might try decoy & firey poopflinger a bit when hunting that last SHD case. Looking at my numbers, the decoy is 190% threat, which hopefully will draw a crowd.

I keep running into elites that have a number as a "name", is that supposed to be that way? Not certain that I've run into any unscripted rogues, if I did it was in the middle of a fight and either they got whacked or I did. I have gotten ISAC alerts for things like "rogue airburst seeker mine detected", but the only SHD glitching I've seen was with the True Sons jammer mission, and the SHD agent distress call where the dude shocktrapped me and then left without killing me, back in DC>

I really liked that hunter mission. I kinda wish there had been a follow-up later on where you could confront him again and he wouldn't run away.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Total scrub question, but M1AC = Classic M1A and NOT M1A CQB?

e: And I graduated with a BA in English. loving punctuation, right?

hatelull fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 7, 2020

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That sentence is missing a question mark but yes. The CQB/SOCOM M1 is actually fine but it is exactly the same as the M1A Classic except it does less damage.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Like the last 10 times I've gotten Rogue Agent pods in the open world it has been literally right outside a safe house.

I walk like 5 feet out of a safehouse and I start hearing the Rogue Agent music and I'm thinking, "Wait, what??" and then a couple rogues spawn in. I mean, each time I've had friendly NPCs nearby to soak most of their skills which made them essentially free loot so I won't complain but it's weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kibayasu posted:

That sentence is missing a question mark but yes. The CQB/SOCOM M1 is actually fine but it is exactly the same as the M1A Classic except it does less damage.

Not exactly the same - the SOCOM/CQB have different fire rates than the Classic, and I believe one more attachment slot. Of course, neither of those differences are relevant considering how huge the damage difference is.

e: as a specific example I have a perfect SOCOM M1A - damage/crit/out of cover + Boomerang and sure I can spam it a lot, but spamming bodyshots with a semiauto rifle are just a way to give yourself carpal tunnel rather than an effective way to do damage. Might as well take an AR, because you're not chaining headshots at max ROF without an aimbot.

twice the clicking for less than half the results, great balance really

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 7, 2020