Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
the hirasawa 2016/2017 anime music was a little weird. not by hirasawa standards, but you'd have this fully orchestrated ost cut into the guts theme or something which was all midi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
HAI YO!! is good, although it can be jarring yeah.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The 16/17 series also borrowed a lot of themes from the Studio 4c films which I thought had pretty good soundtracks, even if they were a bit generic

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

He only did 2 songs, Hai Yo and Ash Crow. The rest was by the composer from the movie.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Good soup! posted:

I will only accept a new Berserk TV series if they reuse Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack from the 97 anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-et_5qY46rQ

The 16/17 series has a lot of problems but the soundtracks are amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjY5b6wdm8Q

The chorus to this is just... its so perfect

Robbed of a mothers love at birth
(Left to drown in blood)
He was to die beneath her corpse.
Meant to rot in a cesspit of despair,
Born to die as a waste of air.

The singing is really good too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdnti4_UUg

Those songs are loving RAD and perfectly fit the Berserk mood

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 23, 2020

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I dunno i find them hilariously overdone. Maybe it works better for Japanese viewers who can’t understand the lyrics.

Hirasawa is nice cause most of his songs don’t have lyrics, the ones that do are in Japanese or in a nonsense language of his invention.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
https://twitter.com/ReadBerserk1/status/1313400976577970178

https://twitter.com/ReadBerserk1/status/1313432400442007554

Three chapters in one year? We're blessed!

Also I guess 3 days away from the "Special" announcement.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Skull Knight flashback. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Oh, I guess the 10/9 announcement did leak?
https://twitter.com/soaringfalcon4/status/1313413642990292992
https://twitter.com/darksungriffith/status/1313415281306341376
“lol”

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Well that loving sucks, props upthread to whoever said it was a new cafe. I think you were the closest.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Torquemadras posted:

Skull Knight flashback. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK

My immediate thought! HYPE! :woop:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I feel like this doesn't preclude some sort of legit announcement happening at the thing, tbf.

Like, if they're putting up a whole rear end statue of Zodd and Miura's gonna be there, that indicates something's happening, I don't think they'd just put up a random Zodd statue somewhere for shits and giggles.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Nickelodeon is funding the new Berserk series

Thats my bet

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Holding my bet for café, strapping in for disappointment when it's something actually good instead

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The statue of any character is an odd choice, but I'll let it slide if they give Zodd a great pose.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

The statue of any character is an odd choice, but I'll let it slide if they give Zodd a great pose.

I’m pretty surprised there’s not a Griffith statue yet; it feels extremely onbrand.

Chewbaccanator
Apr 7, 2010

Last Celebration posted:

I’m pretty surprised there’s not a Griffith statue yet; it feels extremely onbrand.

It'll be Zodd holding Griffith in his hand, mid-flight.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hahaha. This is extra meaningless for international fans too cause even if you were a mega-fan who'd fly to Japan to see the exhibition, you can't during a pandemic.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yep that's about right for Berserk fans.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Maybe it's the day his cruise ship finally returns to port.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Berserk-themed cruise liner

(the cruise never ends)

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Literally Kermit posted:

(the cruise never ends)

Sign me the gently caress up, who wouldn't want to escape the rest of the world indefinitely right now

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

HenryEx posted:

Sign me the gently caress up, who wouldn't want to escape the rest of the world indefinitely right now
The original band of the hawk? :hampants:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I call deck chair

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Literally Kermit posted:

(the cruise never ends)

Void in a Hawaiian shirt announces that it's time for everyone on the cruise to get in the conga line that just so happens to form the sacrifice brand.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

early on in quarantine during an ambien fueled shopping binge i ordered the berserk bookends.

they have arrived and they are so loving stupid.

i love them. won't be a while till i get to display them because we're moving early next year and I'm not going to bother to put a shelf up for them in current place.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

So the Zodd statue is being crowdfunded. If you live in Japan and have a Japanese credit card you can donate and rewards include original artwork from the manga.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Founder of Japan, Nosferatu Zodd.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ccs posted:

If you live in Japan and have a Japanese credit card you can donate and rewards include original artwork from the manga.

how much does the original artwork cost? i don't live in japan or have a JPN credit card, but if it's anything approaching semi-reasonable i'll try and track someone down to middleman for me

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
oh yeah whoops berserk is out

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Awesome.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well its nice to have a confirmation of something everyone suspected for a long time.

Though I now wonder
Did Geiseric kill those four god hands in a death rage? Or is the nature of the god hand something different and void is hiding something?

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 22, 2020

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm betting on Skully murdered previous God Hand members showing that they can be destroyed but something something cycles and destiny - they'll be replenished or replaced overtime and never truly gone forever.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

whoa.

so is void the big bad and griffith is just a pawn?

also definitely sympathize with miura. this year is rough.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK. SKULL KNIGHT FLASHBACK!!!

The reveal of the four other Godhand members explains some things quite nicely. When the Band of the Hawk went to rescue Griffith, there was a legend told about a "mad monk", who called upon "four angels" to tear down Gaiseric's empire. It's strongly implied that this monk was Void, so how could there possibly have been four members of the Godhand already? My first impression was that the Godhand somehow exist outside of time, at least when Griffith hadn't regained his body yet, so Femto had also been present for the coronation of every other Godhand member. But this flashback paints quite a different story.

Godhand members can be replaced! Either Void somehow got rid of the other four, making him the oldest and, presumably, most powerful among the Godhand, or someone - like Skull Knight - actually managed to kill them. This is extremely significant. This could point to the method of attacking/hurting them.

Oh boy

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo can we get an entire series about the really skinny dude, he owns.

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Yeah, this chapter has made me really want a prequel series with the Skull Knight hunting and killing Godhand members

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
The only thing that would make me think Skull Knight didn't kill the other Godhands is how badly he hosed up trying to kill Femto/Griffith.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the old god hand have really cool designs all around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I really like how the old Godhand all look like ancient religious idols with Void's Cenobite-rear end standing out as the new generation.