Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Awesome Animals posted:

Apparently I'm the only one who likes Yakuza combat

I like it when it's easy and you can enjoy the special move animations and mow down goons. When you have to dodge and block every hit or fight a bulletsponge it gets old really fast. Also any enemy with guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Awesome Animals posted:

Could be worse, I thought the stealth gameplay in Alpha Protocol was fun. Not great, but good enough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

stev posted:

I like it when it's easy and you can enjoy the special move animations and mow down goons. When you have to dodge and block every hit or fight a bulletsponge it gets old really fast. Also any enemy with guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4venFPPzfs

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I wish I could play a lot of stuff this winter, but will need to stick to two. Cyberpunk will be one but the other is down to Hyrule Warriors, Destiny 2 expac, and Miles Morales.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

no longer particularly interested in this game, rip

A disappointment after DOS2 had such an engaging system

...what do you mean? DOS2 had itemization so bad that an item level one or two higher/lower would be enough to turn you into a wet-paper bag or an OP god. The armor system compelled you to focus on magic or physical, else you'd just be wasting time/resource. Character creation wasn't very exciting, literally everyone can just be the same character with all of the good abilities, there's no reason not to. If you liked DOS2, you'll like DOS3:BG, they feel very similar despite the insertion of some DnD5E stuff instead of knockoff-DnD stuff.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't have a game list since i don't make concrete plans to do anything in my life

i would like to maybe get the ghost captain sails in sea of thieves
i should probably try to beat fatalis at least once
my friend bought me hades so i could play that at some point

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I will be playing the Destiny 2 expansion, and Star Wars Squadrons once I get a new VR hat. Beyond that, I'm not sure, since I've pretty much given up on getting a PS5 this year now. Maybe my friends will nag me into getting a Switch, in which case I'll jump into Hades immediately instead of in a year from now when the exclusivity period ends.

e: and Watch Dogs Legion, which I forgot was actually coming out soon

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 7, 2020

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I don’t hate Yakuza combat, but it’s not the reason I play the games.

End of year game list. Above the separator are games I own and have started.

13 Sentinels
Hades wins 2-10
Bayonetta 2
Persona 5 Royal
Super Mario Galaxy
Luigi’s Mansion 3
Death Stranding

Crash 4
Star Wars Squadrons
Yakuza 7
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
Pokémon Crown Tundra
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Resident Evil 2
Spider-Man Miles Morales

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I picked up 13 Sentinels last week because I heard it had some visual novel-y elements to it. My wife and I have been completely addicted since and can't wait to beat it tonight :D

It felt very satisfying being able to call out different twists and seeing them get revealed in different ways. Highly recommended imo.

AngelesXO
May 15, 2009

Awesome Animals posted:

I enjoy it. Not too happy about the turn-based combat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Smash bros has such good music

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sweet my new av went through :D

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Arrrthritis posted:

I picked up 13 Sentinels last week because I heard it had some visual novel-y elements to it. My wife and I have been completely addicted since and can't wait to beat it tonight :D

It felt very satisfying being able to call out different twists and seeing them get revealed in different ways. Highly recommended imo.

I’m about halfway through and I can’t wait to finish it so I can be in spoiler conversations. My girlfriend, on the other hand, made fun of the breathy VA for all the high school girls.

I got to the Shiba reveal last night (Juro 70ish percent) and yelled. It was so obvious!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I got a survey from Square Enix

YOU DON'T KNOW ME

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Awesome Animals posted:

It's honestly hard for me to blanket say that I like Yakuza combat because it varies through the whole series.

Although at the end of the day I'd probably say that 0, Kiwami, 4, and 5 all have good to great combat. Kiwami 2 and 6 aren't the best but they're functional. 3's combat is just a gigantic pain in the rear end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The SimRefinery saga continues!

https://twitter.com/itstheshadsy/status/1313880008331530251

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I want to play simenvironment

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

FirstAidKite posted:

Sweet my new av went through :D

big mood :yeah:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Arzaac posted:

It's honestly hard for me to blanket say that I like Yakuza combat because it varies through the whole series.

Although at the end of the day I'd probably say that 0, Kiwami, 4, and 5 all have good to great combat. Kiwami 2 and 6 aren't the best but they're functional. 3's combat is just a gigantic pain in the rear end.

Yakuza 3’s combat can be really fun once you realize how throw-focused it is, though it really isn’t ever strictly good. The instant someone gets downed, they turn into a weapon as you grab their leg and swing them into their buddies repeatedly. :black101:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

wuggles posted:

I’m about halfway through and I can’t wait to finish it so I can be in spoiler conversations. My girlfriend, on the other hand, made fun of the breathy VA for all the high school girls.

I got to the Shiba reveal last night (Juro 70ish percent) and yelled. It was so obvious!

I dunno if you've done Shu Amiguchi's route yet, but (early spoilers)

Seeing the exact same scene where Juro is running around the room by himself, asking about different items while you're like 'uh huh, sure.'

We had put off Juro's route for a while then, and we were both like 'we knew it! Shiba's totally in Juro's mind!'

I really appreciate how much the game pulls stuff like that. It feels like if Zero Time Dilemma took the time to be more coherent.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks. I hope that at the very least it will make people smile when they scroll by

e: Contra Hard Corps is one of the best Contra titles

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i want to finally finish three houses and sekiro and dmc5 but also i want to play 13 sentinels but more importantly i will probabl yjust play more genshin and satisfactory

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

i want to finally finish three houses and sekiro and dmc5 but also i want to play 13 sentinels but more importantly i will probabl yjust play more genshin and satisfactory

How much CK3 did you end up playing? I'm not sure if I ever caught you thoughts on it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

What kind of flare does Major Bahamut use

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I think I will be play Judgment before the year is done.

Because I love to suffer, I also might force myself trough the last half or so of Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness.

And if that FF7 remake should go on sale, I'll probably play that too.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

How much CK3 did you end up playing? I'm not sure if I ever caught you thoughts on it.

i played about 70 hours, its good, better than ck2 with all its dlc already, will play more of it. hope they fix the tribal to feudal transition though as thats what killed my game bcos it wasnt fun to just sit around doing nothing for years after all my holdings got completely wiped.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Stux posted:

i played about 70 hours, its good, better than ck2 with all its dlc already, will play more of it. hope they fix the tribal to feudal transition though as thats what killed my game bcos it wasnt fun to just sit around doing nothing for years after all my holdings got completely wiped.

:eng101: You can change the game speed

Edit: and the first patch did try to change some of the feudalization problems, instead of destroying all the buildings they randomly replace them

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 7, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ok thats better then, just wiping everything out was awful

i know you can change the speed!! but it just sapped all the momentum out of the run and i got bored

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

it's so huge

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Truly, consoles are just weirdly shaped PCs now. That seems pretty close to a mid-tower PC case in size.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Codeacious posted:

Truly, consoles are just weirdly shaped PCs now. That seems pretty close to a mid-tower PC case in size.

You know someone is going to slap an entire gaming PC inside of the PS5 case days after release.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was thinking of hallowing out my PS5 and just using it as a game room myself.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Attain perfect backwards compatibility by stuffing the guts of a PS4, PS3, PS2, and PS1 in there

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

rip to everyone with conventionally-sized entertainment/media shelves

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

should still fit sideways in normal stuff

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everyone complained about the ps4 pro being too loud so this is what you get, a console that is more heatsink than anything else

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Stux posted:

everyone complained about the ps4 pro being too loud so this is what you get, a console that is more heatsink than anything else

yeah they took heatsink to mean make sure you can fit everything, including the kitchen heat sink, inside the case

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Don't put electronics in small enclosed shelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The funny thing about the PS4 is it's only loud if you're running a physical disk - I played through 13 Sentinels digitally and my console didn't make any noise at all, but the Horizon Zero Dawn disk spins fast enough to pick the PS4 a few feet in the air