Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

4 including me

Well, we have all but one claimed, then. I think it's in our interest to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dead Cow posted:

Steak, Sal tracked me successfully n1 and realized before I did that I was given tracker results instead of watcher results

Sal isn’t lying about being a tracker, because he knew information he couldn’t have known without that role.

i considered this. it doesnt have bearing on his alignment, you're right. but it still caused me to doubt myself before sal responded just now in a way that makes me certain he's scum

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

t a s t e posted:

Why were you acting like I didn’t see you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

Why were you acting like I didn’t see you

I didn't believe your claim

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

t a s t e posted:

Do we? I thought we just have you and Dead Cow claiming to have visited me. Who's the third that I missed?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

As far as I'm concerned the message I got about you was bullshit. It literally just said "You were visited by Steak. They are town" Nothing you have done so far this day gives me any indication that this message is true. You think you have some big "GOTCHA BITCH" but really you are wrong, you know you are wrong, and you just can't admit you are wrong.

you are voting for someone the mod confirmed to you as town.

try to convince the others that you believe otherwise, but i know how my role is intended to work and it is not intended to be ambiguous or leave room for interpretation. so i dont believe you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Do we? I thought we just have you and Dead Cow claiming to have visited me. Who's the third that I missed?

Didn't someoen claim to give you the PGO

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

sal responded just now in a way that makes me certain he's scum

This type of poo poo is why I took a break. Steak, if you are so right that you have me dead to rights scum then make the case. You aren't making a case and in fact everyone around you is like "bro, maybe you are wrong." but you are being so stubborn. You are wrong. It's ok to be wrong in a game of incomplete information. Your whole "gotcha" is that I said "I didn't see Yami visit anyone." You also act like I read flips outside of alignment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

how's that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

t a s t e posted:

how's that

friendly neighbor

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

try to convince the others that you believe otherwise, but i know how my role is intended to work and it is not intended to be ambiguous or leave room for interpretation. so i dont believe you

I DON'T KNOW IF THE MESSAGE I GOT WAS MOD CONFIRMED. You are hanging your hat on this being an absolute and I (in a game of incomplete information) don't know this to be a fact.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Mr. Steak posted:

friendly neighbor

I’ve never heard of this role when I was playing years ago and now that I’m back it’s every where
What the hell is it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

I DON'T KNOW IF THE MESSAGE I GOT WAS MOD CONFIRMED. You are hanging your hat on this being an absolute and I (in a game of incomplete information) don't know this to be a fact.

if you are town then you're fundamentally misunderstanding mod communication. unless amni is a bastard mod, he would not type words which are false and then send them to you like they're a fact. if he did that, then he will be rightfully reprimanded after the game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

friendly neighbor

That's a message delivered by mod, which isn't necessarily the same thing.

Sal, did you ask clarification if it's word of Mod or not

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

I’ve never heard of this role when I was playing years ago and now that I’m back it’s every where
What the hell is it

who's the last one!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

t a s t e posted:

who's the last one!

Not sure what you mean

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also sal, for all you're complaining about my vote being bad, yours is literally omgus. and omgus on the person the mod said is town. this is absurd

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sal, have you asked Amni for clarification on the veracity of the information in your message?
Steak, Sal is behaving exactly as I would have in getting a mysterious message from a mod that is unrelated to my own role. There are other roles that can send messages through the mod, they are not automatically accurate.
I have seen scum use messenger roles to sow disinformation as truth before, this is not what you think it is.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

This type of poo poo is why I took a break. Steak, if you are so right that you have me dead to rights scum then make the case. You aren't making a case and in fact everyone around you is like "bro, maybe you are wrong." but you are being so stubborn. You are wrong. It's ok to be wrong in a game of incomplete information. Your whole "gotcha" is that I said "I didn't see Yami visit anyone." You also act like I read flips outside of alignment.

and this comes across as gloating that im failing to sway townies

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

Not sure what you mean

you/me/pgo guy who i forget/ X

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Sal, have you asked Amni for clarification on the veracity of the information in your message?
Steak, Sal is behaving exactly as I would have in getting a mysterious message from a mod that is unrelated to my own role. There are other roles that can send messages through the mod, they are not automatically accurate.
I have seen scum use messenger roles to sow disinformation as truth before, this is not what you think it is.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

No it isn't Steak. Please take a step back.
I am not saying that Sal isn't scum, he could very well be, but what you are hanging your hat on does not exist.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I haven't asked Amni for clarification, I just went ahead and did.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

I guess I am gloating that your argument is so terrible that nobody else is falling for it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is or is not the purpose of the role "friendly neighbor" to confirm yourself to other people?

the purpose is not to have them get a message or whatever. the message is the means to the purpose. so basically im saying that if sal truly believes he got a fake message then amni failed me as a mod

hell, grandi, why didn't you doubt the mod message about recieving taijutsu? someone could have easily written it as a fake and sent it as a messenger, no?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Grandicap posted:

Mr. Steak posted:

hell, grandi, why didn't you doubt the mod message about recieving taijutsu? someone could have easily written it as a fake and sent it as a messenger, no?

You are conflating 2 different things here. I'm sure that Grandi has some verifiable proof that he received a Taijutsu. All I got was a message that said "Steak visited you, they are town".

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##unvote

Amni confirmed it wasn't a message.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

##unvote

Amni confirmed it wasn't a message.

dope ty

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mow that u are no longer voting confirmed town, and in light of other details mentioned recently, ##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

mow that u are no longer voting confirmed town, and in light of other details mentioned recently, ##unvote

Jesus Christ. Eat me.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I don’t recall who claimed to give the pgo

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also sal, what i neglected to mention (cuz its not convincing) is that part of my confidence was from how you hadn't flipped your poo poo after i cased you. but then you started flipping your poo poo like normal and i started doubting again :P

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

also sal, what i neglected to mention (cuz its not convincing) is that part of my confidence was from how you hadn't flipped your poo poo after i cased you. but then you started flipping your poo poo like normal and i started doubting again :P

Sometimes I can't remember why I like you.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

Sometimes I can't remember why I like you.

drat, uh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dead Cow posted:

I don’t recall who claimed to give the pgo

I went back to look and I misread

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

don't be mean guys

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

How do you think I should feel when you admit that you were trying to provoke me into giving an emotional response.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

How do you think I should feel when you admit that you were trying to provoke me into giving an emotional response.

i think you misunderstood me. i just thought u were being suspiciously level-headed, retroactively after i cased you originally for the yami post. on top of thinking your vote sucked really super bad (which my opinion hasn't changed on), your attitude added to my confidence that you're scum. and that aspect of your confidence broke after you, er, also did. by no intention of my own. hell, i wanted you to stay calm to keep confirming my bias lol

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
aspect of *my* confidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
ok.