Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The funny thing about the PS4 is it's only loud if you're running a physical disk - I played through 13 Sentinels digitally and my console didn't make any noise at all, but the Horizon Zero Dawn disk spins fast enough to pick the PS4 a few feet in the air

Mine got loud from running Prime Video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The funny thing about the PS4 is it's only loud if you're running a physical disk - I played through 13 Sentinels digitally and my console didn't make any noise at all, but the Horizon Zero Dawn disk spins fast enough to pick the PS4 a few feet in the air

Seems weird because no modern console can play games of a disk.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Stux posted:

i want to finally finish three houses and sekiro and dmc5 but also i want to play 13 sentinels but more importantly i will probabl yjust play more genshin and satisfactory

I picked up Satisfactory last night. It's great!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Awesome Animals posted:

I picked up Satisfactory last night. It's great!

yeah it freaking owns!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its really good

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1313811387815206913

This console has such a long torso I thought it was a Persona 5 character at first.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

what

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Time to get spooky

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

Time to get spooky

Aaaaah! Aaaaaah! Aaaaaah!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

how he gonna breathe deeper, he a skull

he already undone

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hwurmp posted:

how he gonna breathe deeper, he a skull

he already undone

Thought this was the USPOL thread for a second.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Stux posted:

yeah it freaking owns!!

it's good

at the risk of being a(n even more) repetitive poster the mines in Spelunky 2 increasingly feel like they were designed for streaming first and fun second. I really like the rube goldberg style deaths you can wander into but a mole flying in from above that you have part of a second to notice while dealing with the 6-8 things actually onscreen bumping you into a lizard that just combos you for 7 hp doesn't actually count, it feels forced. I also agree that they get kind of repetitive because instead of seeing some things each time you see every thing every time, I assume just because that's harder. I have zero faith it'll get any kind of tuning adjustment so I'm just gonna have to keep on the grind till it's no longer a problem.

Outside of all that though I do really like a lot of the new stuff - deciding how to 'spend' turkeys is an interesting decision and I like having more than one options on how to proceed. I think the lava region is pretty fun and hucking an enemy face first into a pool of the hot stuff is always satisfying.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Weird that there’s no alternate 1st stage, since it’s the one you’re going to see the most

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Spelunky 2 looks like Kaizo Spelunky

e: I haven't seen anyone here post about Mario 35 but I've been watching streams of it, and I think this is actually the way I would prefer to play Mario

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I watched a mario speedrunner playing Mario 35 and it really made me want to find out what box my Switch is sitting in rn. Shame I've got no TV at my new place and it's a pain to juggle my monitors HDMI

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
The cool thing about Mario 35 is looping 1-2 for 20 minutes and then mashing the roulette button while you hope they time out earlier

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What's the cool weapon and MAG to use in Nier Automata? I bought a little sword with a big red spot in it, idk if its good or bad yet.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Khanstant posted:

What's the cool weapon and MAG to use in Nier Automata? I bought a little sword with a big red spot in it, idk if its good or bad yet.

it gets crit chance and crits do like thousands of damage, so eventually it's crazy good

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

haveblue posted:

The Minecraft movie has had its March 2022 release date removed and is now delayed indefinitely

Also, they're making a Minecraft movie

2014 - Written by Kieran and Michele Mulroney, Directed by Shawn Levy, release date 2018!
oh, uh... wait...

2016 - Written by Jason Fuchs, Directed by Rob McElhenney, release date 2019!
no? ...ok, let me try again...

2018 - Written by Adam Nee, Directed by Aaron Nee, release date ... eventually.
still no? ...fine.. who have we got left...

2019 - Written and Directed by Peter Sollett, release date 2022. For realsies.
...wait... that's all we've got? Just a plot synopsis, no script yet?

Ok fine.

2019 - Written by Allison Schreoder. Maybe we'll make her director too. We don't loving know any more.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

stev posted:

Does the specific version of D&D really matter in a narrative driven RPG game that will be almost exclusively played single player?

It does for games that try to stick very close to the mechanics. Baldur's 3 is supposed to be pretty hardcore 5th. The past Baldur's games had their D&D pretty front and center, although its not like you were lost if you never played that system or anything.

Is it even exclusively single player? Divinity is best played co-op and Baldur's 3 looks exactly like Divinity to me.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

What's everyone got on their rest-of-the-year list?

I want to play through:

13 Sentinels
Astral Chain
Bloodborne
Sekiro
Night in the Woods (replay, it's the right time of year for it)

and I think that'll put me just over 20 games finished this year.

>Cyberpunk
>Cyberpunk
>Cyberpunk

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Trolling aside I do really hope people hype for CP2077 get a game they like but the amount of crunch they're having to do alone is a big red flag for me.

I would like to play Yakuza 7 this year too, I don't know what the opinion from Japanese knowers has been so far.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Relax Or DIE posted:

I would like to play Yakuza 7 this year too, I don't know what the opinion from Japanese knowers has been so far.

Samurai Sanders gave it a rave review, and as a non-Japanese knower I thought the demo was extremely fun even if I had no idea what I was doing.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Just get this guy from the Minecraft stream last weekend to write the movie. That one guy what did them Minecraft books.

Or get his dad to make the Minecraft movie.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Relax Or DIE posted:

Trolling aside I do really hope people hype for CP2077 get a game they like but the amount of crunch they're having to do alone is a big red flag for me.

Crunch sucks and is awful, but they're crunching for a month? If that amount is a red flag then every AAA game should have tons of red flags to you? CDPR is better than the industry in this regard, not worse.

It made big news because CDPR said they were gonna try to avoid it, and failed. But by comparison, everything EA does is life-destroying and doesn't make the news because that's just how it always is with them.

Although if you only play indie games good for you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Crunch sucks and is awful, but they're crunching for a month? If that amount is a red flag then every AAA game should have tons of red flags to you?

Although if you only play indie games good for you.

theyve been in crunch for like, a year? lol

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
For some reason the "Crunch is inevitable but it makes for better video games." Easter Egg in Cyberpunk will not go over with people nearly as well as the "DRM is bad but don't worry GOG is good." one from the Witcher 3.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

Reviews were good, my coworkers liked it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Some CDPR devs have been crunching on and off since the E3 demo... in 2018

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

FirstAidKite posted:

Are you able to talk about how this came about at all? Like, was the dev team approached by them or was it something the dev team had to apply for or what, I imagine there must be something different about how the game is handled when it is part of a device intended for clinical therapy.

They were asking around for indie games that would like to be involved in the project. We had a few people recommend us specifically (probably due to the fact that many people enjoy Mini Metro as a relaxation tool already, which is awesome). We talked with Mightier, liked the idea behind it, then agreed to be a part of it. That was actually the extent of our involvement! We gave them source access and they did all of the integration work and the changes to the game, and we're really happy with the end result.

It's a super rewarding thing to be a part of and probably one of the coolest things you can ever see your game do. :)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Khanstant posted:

The two starter weapons are good choices, they have good combo length and skills. The lead pipe is also pretty solid. Honestly I pretty much only used LS/GS, but GS/Spear has some really cool attack combos

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What do all of the out-of-place wheelchairs symbolize in silent hill? There’s a lot of them

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

The good doctor's theme is an amazing piece of genesis music; it perfectly suits the situations where you fight his giant walker/witness him getting turned into a mutant spider/see him get eaten by his own monsters.

Man, I really wish Rogue Corps wasn't such a massive wet fart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

What do all of the out-of-place wheelchairs symbolize in silent hill? There’s a lot of them

I'm pretty sure it's foreskins.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Jay Rust posted:

They're WAY into wheelchairs

Also I think that this is a great example of the really weird things that Silent Hill protagonists find strange or out of place. Like, they get teleported to a nightmare world full of chain link fence and demons, but they comment on things like "What in the WORLD is a wheelchair doing here?"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been screenshotting funny things Heather says, please look forward to them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Wheelchairs are there because Jacob's Ladder is a super influential movie which Silent Hill, and many many other psychological horror media, cribs from heavily.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

No it’s not a disc vs digital thing. I have 13 Sentinels on disc and my PS4 is whisper quiet I can’t hear it at all. I throw in Marvel Avengers and now I’m at the airport playing traffic control. 13 Sentinels doesn’t try and push graphics to hell and back and go crazy on performance, so the console never has to go into overdrive. It’s all AAA Graphics heavy games that make the system wanna die because they push the system to the limit.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Literally no game on the PS4 activates the disc drive beyond installing and checking on startup

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Wheelchairs can symbolize helplessness, and empty wheelchairs can symbolize the rejection of assistance. Noticing them and finding them out of place can represent an underlying desire for help but the unwillingness to ask for it, even when it's provided by those around you.

They can also symbolize healing or hospital system (obvs) and drawing the protagonist back to places from their past. The protag may reject this imposition, this reminder of a time they'd rather repress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Mostly foreskins, though