Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

As I've already said

Fishing for flavor claims.
The cop claim during joke phase, which you very recently did as town, and I think if you were town you would freshen up your act instead of doing something you can say "look I did the same thing as town very recently."
Uncharacteristic low activity for you post count D1, including sitting back and letting town workout which person not on the scum team to lunch, to pop in with a vote to not NL.

Also,

I don't believe you that you are confusing RF and epsilon in your head, I think you are you are saying that to distance from a scum buddy.

you did not already say that. but thanks for retroactively justifying the vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lets not even get into the stupidity of "you did this thing as town, therefore doing it is scummy" or that i should "freshen up my act" from... making a joke claim in early day 1...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not even that. it was a claim which, in context, was unambiguously a joke and would not conceivably sway anyone into believing it has any truth.

using that to call me scummy because i "claimed cop" is the definition of disingenuous

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

you did not already say that. but thanks for retroactively justifying the vote

oh. nvm, i didnt realize you meant "as i already said on day 1"

where's yami when u actually need him to beat the drum about changing reads?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sub Rosa posted:

Hmm. Yeah, I think we are, right now, in a world where you know who the scumteam killed.

##vote steak

Sub Rosa posted:

??

Why don't you think it's possible he hyperbeamed Sandwolf and was then killed by scum?

You agree with steak but are also voting him for it? Your list of reasons is super weak too, and definitely looks like you having to justify yourself in a hurry.

I have more of a read on Epislon so I'm staying there but yeah I'd switch to rosa

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Christ this is what you get for saying steak isn't posting enough

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sub rosa has been tunneling me since day 1, so

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's day 2

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Sub Rosa posted:

Also,

I don't believe you that you are confusing RF and epsilon in your head, I think you are you are saying that to distance from a scum buddy.

So which one are you clocking as steaks scumbud?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yes?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Q_res posted:

A fair question

Also kind of a weird take from Sub Rosa, not even sure why that idea came about

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Mr. Steak posted:

missed this before.

tbh i keep mixing up rf and epsilon in my head so its hard to tell how accurate my memory is wrt gut/tone feelings about them. but in short, yes i feel he's scum for more than that one isolated reason. i like to look at the whole picture to suss out potential scum for myself, then magnify to individual posts when actually doing the work of casing them. im also a staunch believer that seemingly innocuous posts can totally out a scum and my deep dives into theoretical scum motivations behind casual posts arent a complete waste of time

and those reasons are...?

Come on Steak.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Q_res posted:

So Day 1 we had two serious lurkers.

Maig who jumped out of the gate D2 laser focused on vote analysis, replied to steak calling him out for Mason hunting and then basically disappeared.

Yami was the other, and they're currently aggressively tunneling in on steak.

Something feels off about this. Conversely, I actually feel really good about Sub Rosa today.

##unvoted

I think calling me a serious lurker is a bit dishonest when I... you know, stopped lurking late into the day?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

this is loving hilarious

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

oh. nvm, i didnt realize you meant "as i already said on day 1"

where's yami when u actually need him to beat the drum about changing reads?

sorry, not awake enough to parse this.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Yami Fenrir posted:

I think calling me a serious lurker is a bit dishonest when I... you know, stopped lurking late into the day?

You and Maig had noticeably lower post counts than anybody else Day 1. I don't think jumping in at the last minute to decide a 2 way vote makes that somehow less lurky, it still makes it a lot harder to read you.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

I mean, isn't that exactly what scum would want to do? Keep their head down and give as little to read on as possible then go post crazy at the end so they could go, "Look, I was active!"

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yeah except I gave specific reads on people to provide content, I feel like you're just going for the easy lurker callouts here?

Just because I have few posts doesn't mean my content doesn't exist, I really feel like comparing me to the empty wasteland that is Magius' post history is wrong

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

anyway, off to work, posts will be sparse to nonexistent for a while.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Epsilon Plus posted:

dogg I hate to tell you but that got posted right as I was prepping for a class, I definitely missed that and when you look at my confessional after the game you'll see I missed like two other things

so if sandwolf's strongman kill wasn't redirected that means... we'll still have two deaths tomorrow, which is kind of a bummer

For the most part E+ seems town, but this is sticking out to me as weird. It seems like it's denying the possibility that sng took out Sandwolf. I guess I'm getting a vibe that either E+ took out Sandwolf, or has some form of redirection.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Maigius posted:

For the most part E+ seems town, but this is sticking out to me as weird. It seems like it's denying the possibility that sng took out Sandwolf. I guess I'm getting a vibe that either E+ took out Sandwolf, or has some form of redirection.

Yeah, SNG could have killed Sandwolf, but blowing your one-shot strongman kill when you have free use of a kill that slips past some protection seems... non-ideal, for that role/position, and SNG having bulletproof means he was killed by another strongman, which isn't impossible depending on what else is going on in this game but just... feels weird. SNG blowing his kill on Sandwolf and then getting strongmanned in the night is the simplest answer to this problem but it feels non-satisfactory.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Counterpoint: who cares, start scumhunting instead of arguing what night action combination resulted in this.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yeah, SNG could have killed Sandwolf, but blowing your one-shot strongman kill when you have free use of a kill that slips past some protection seems... non-ideal, for that role/position, and SNG having bulletproof means he was killed by another strongman, which isn't impossible depending on what else is going on in this game but just... feels weird. SNG blowing his kill on Sandwolf and then getting strongmanned in the night is the simplest answer to this problem but it feels non-satisfactory.

Let's assume you're right, let's even assume you convince the majority of the thread you're right. What loving good did any of this do Town?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Q_res posted:

I'm more suspicious of RF but I guess it could be ep. Not trying to chain lunch, but would give both more of close look.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, either scum strongmanned sng and sng strongmanned sandwolf, or there are three killing roles, one who strongmanned sng, one who killed sandwolf, and sng delay killed a third.

Either way two killers had strongman kills, so I'm not sure what you think is so weird about the simpler answer to make you seem so sure we will have two kills tonight.

Epsilon Plus posted:

so if [sng]'s strongman kill wasn't redirected that means... we'll still have two deaths tomorrow, which is kind of a bummer

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm more suspicious of RF but I guess it could be ep. Not trying to chain lunch, but would give both more of close look.

this is the first time you expressed suspicion on either of them.

apart from how they interact with me, what are you seeing in their posting?

not that i particularly disagree (obviously), but id like to hear your thoughts

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I have previously expressed suspicion of RF.

Sub Rosa posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Rosa, why RF?

There were the posts that I think Amni was right to call self-concious about not voting Steak, which I think makes RF look either like scum buddies with Steak, or scum that believes Steak is anti-town no matter Steak's alignment.

I felt the posts about Amni during the Amni push read bad, like saying it's either loved or lynchproof didn't match what Amni was saying, since Amni was saying we would know his alignment.

And these

Retro Futurist posted:

Nothing I've come across but this is a PMush role madness so who knows.
I mean that said if that's all it is and it's just some weird localized lights out role, I don't intend to lunch anyone else today

Retro Futurist posted:

By which I mean I'd rather just end the day at the point, not that I won't switch back to sng who is also scum still

It does feel town to me to prefer that the day was now over, or to think we should now no lunch.

As for ep, it would be the question I just asked. If we do get two kills tonight, it starts to look like maybe ep slipped knowing there are three people with NKs. Though I don't know how the scumteam would know how many 3p kills there are?

But I guess if there are three NKs, we would expect three kills tonight, not two, because there would be two remaining killers plus sng's delayed kill, so maybe I'm talking myself out of that being a possible slip. Still think there could be something there.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, i stand corrected, you've even gone as far as saying rf and i are scum together since early on day 1.

ive got to hand it to you, your reads have been consistent

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey you know why Ep is having such trouble wrapping his head around night actions? Because he killed Sandwolf.
It's the only explanation for why he's so hung up on this.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am with RF on this one, ep was trying the scummy PR. Dropped it when he had heat. Spends time on night action “confusion” instead of casing

##vote Epsilon

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Tbh I didn't think EP was that suspicious but the fact that they're continuing to do this dumb night action speculation even after being told it's dumb is bothering me.

Still think I'd prefer one of Sub Rosa/Steak but I'd vote EP if it came down to it.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I have no idea what’s going on.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Hey you know why Ep is having such trouble wrapping his head around night actions? Because he killed Sandwolf.
It's the only explanation for why he's so hung up on this.

there's definitely no alternative to this, lock me up, I've been a bad boy, etc.

or, explain to me why I would purposefully try to make everyone think hard about who killed who if I was the one who did it? if I were scum there's absolutely no benefit to me drawing this much heat unless I'm a bomb or something. nobody had any really A+ scum reads at the end of day 1 (IMO) and there's zero reason for a scum version of me to immediately jump into setup spec to try to run interference for someone who doesn't have any heat. the only way that would make sense is if I was a town vig, and if I was it would god willing be a one shot and I'd just admit it at this point instead of circling around it.

I think the setup spec is worthwhile but if the thread seems to be incapable of having two discussions at once I'll drop it I guess? sorry that being told I'm an idiot doesn't stop me from doing idiot things.

it's seven hours to deadline and tommunist has disappeared after opening the day with speculation about humalong's night action, I kind of wish they would come in and share some thoughts.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have no idea what’s going on.

Really now?

Do you not have an opinion on Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak and Epsilon?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yami Fenrir posted:

Really now?

Do you not have an opinion on Sub Rosa, Mr. Steak and Epsilon?

Probably town, probably scum, probably town

Next question

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
humalong have u ever thought im town in any game?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yes.

Next question.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

is your scumpinion of steak tied to that mason claim discussion from earlier, or is there more to it? if so, please elaborate

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I have a feeling one each of the pairs of (E+ and RF) and (Mr. Steak and Sub Rosa) are scum. The way they are going after each other seems like not all of the quartet are scum, but not all are town either. I don't think they're as circlebus going on, but it's not easy to untangle the relationships there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deadline is in 5 hours, what the hell happened to us today?

I think it's Ep and possibly Sub Rosa, would vote either of them today