Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's the difference?

e; ps5 has more plastic bits I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Xbox has the wrong ram, duh

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

What's the difference?

are you refering to the hardware vs software line? thats just an old saying about sony vs ms consoles. like an ancient proto meme from the 2000's.
it holds true here tho because holy poo poo theres a million custom parts in the ps5

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This gets me every time

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

American McGay posted:

What's the difference?

Much more plastic.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Crafty posted:

Much more plastic.

Still would.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
I hope Microsoft buys Komnai so we can get Metal Gear Solid 6: A Major Nelson Game

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

American McGay posted:

What's the difference?

Lmfao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Crafty posted:

Much more plastic.

I mean...if it's near a mid range pc's specs and possibly faster in some ways i'm okay with it being near that size. I've also come to appreciate the PS5's aesthetic. It's cool both sides took a different approach. Who cares make it fuckin' weird!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The worst part about the PS5 isn't the size (although it's close) but rather the super cheap looking glossy black plastic on the front facing part of the main shell. No wonder people compared it to a $30 router when it first got announced.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

constantly looking under my tv at my consoles and getiting insanely mad about how they look

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

the series x has the same xbox plastic so cheap it instantly changes hue if anything touches it, you can see all the greasy reviewer hands have already ruined the demo units

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My consoles go either behind my tv or under furniture that blocks them from view so other than "does it actually fit" I don't really care how they look. Its not like once you set up a system you move it very often.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Crafty posted:

Much more plastic.

i-is this a photoshop

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yes and it inadvertantly makes the normal pic seem reasonable, should just post the real pic instead bcos its so big

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Christ that’s actually worse than the shopped version.

e: meaning I would literally rather have a comically-large PS5 than a stupidly-large PS5.

Fly Ricky fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 8, 2020

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Maybe he's just a tiny guy.
Stop being so heightist.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Well, if we take the forearm to ear radio and neck-to-naval to index finger ratio (I calculated both based on 70 individual frames from the video, and averaged) we clearly see he’s actually pretty short stature. So in conclusion the PS5 is not that big, actually.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

American McGay posted:

PS5 uses liquid metal on the heatsink. 👀

I cant believe Sony actually shared that tear down video.

the fact that the most interesting thing in the whole video was the thermal paste is even more unbelievable.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
PS5 is huge and has no games.
Xbox is Gamecube and has no games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anidav posted:

PS5 is huge and has no games.
Xbox is Gamecube and has no games

No games? This is falconer denial

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

No games? This is falconer denial

Get out of my Xbox, whose background is an achievement from Crimson Dragon

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Sony has a bigger penis than Microsoft

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Sony has a bigger penis than Microsoft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuEKb9Ktqhc

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

OgNar posted:

Maybe he's just a tiny guy.
Stop being so heightist.

I’d like to formally apologize to the Sony engineer with a smaller-than-average torso. Go easy on me mods.

They should offer it in both form factors.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Consoles are yonic

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Barudak posted:

My consoles go either behind my tv or under furniture that blocks them from view so other than "does it actually fit" I don't really care how they look. Its not like once you set up a system you move it very often.

One little known benefit: If you put your PS5 horizontally and rearrange your furniture to be on top of the console, when turned on the PS5 will act as underfloor heating for your room.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Great news! We will finally be able to play xbox360 Crackdown the way it was meant to be played :

https://www.polygon.com/xbox-series-x/2020/10/7/21504730/xbox-series-x-preview-360-games-microsoft-crackdown

(article about 360 games on the series X)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would pay money to add an orb guide on the map/minimap for crackdown 1 still.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

GameStop partners with Microsoft
https://www.slashgear.com/gamestop-partners-with-microsoft-08641679/

"To be clear, here, Microsoft didn’t just acquire GameStop, or vice-versa. This deal will have GameStop using Microsoft’s cloud-based business applications and customer data platform for its business operations. That includes finance, inventory, eCommerce, retail, and point of sale."

"GameStop will start selling Xbox All Access. That’s an Xbox console with 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for “no upfront cost.” GameStop and Microsoft “will both benefit from the customer acquisition and lifetime revenue value of each gamer brought into the Xbox ecosystem."

Menidan
Nov 21, 2002

OgNar posted:

GameStop partners with Microsoft
https://www.slashgear.com/gamestop-partners-with-microsoft-08641679/

"To be clear, here, Microsoft didn’t just acquire GameStop, or vice-versa. This deal will have GameStop using Microsoft’s cloud-based business applications and customer data platform for its business operations. That includes finance, inventory, eCommerce, retail, and point of sale."

"GameStop will start selling Xbox All Access. That’s an Xbox console with 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for “no upfront cost.” GameStop and Microsoft “will both benefit from the customer acquisition and lifetime revenue value of each gamer brought into the Xbox ecosystem."

Not sure what GameStop is getting out of this “partnership.” Sounds like they’re just paying Microsoft to move them onto M365 and Azure. Can’t imagine it would be worth it to Microsoft to do it for free just to have a failing business sell a few extra Xboxes.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Menidan posted:

Not sure what GameStop is getting out of this “partnership.” Sounds like they’re just paying Microsoft to move them onto M365 and Azure. Can’t imagine it would be worth it to Microsoft to do it for free just to have a failing business sell a few extra Xboxes.

M365+Azure+Dynamics. And they'll get a discount on the package because they'll hawk some Xbox subs.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Using MS's cloud services at a discount probably helps Gamestop reduce operating costs, which is useful for a struggling business, maybe it saves a few more locations from the chopping block. A few extra Xboxes can be worth a lot to MS if they intend to perpetually milk them for subscription revenue. And I think they'll sell more than a few, Gamestop is in decline but it still does a lot of business.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gs had been refusing to finance the xss prior to this but was the biggest competitor to all access with the xsx financing they were offering

This basically sidelines their financing scheme and makes all access the way to lease a console while getting the xss to be leaseable at gamestop where it previously was not going to be.

Its a good business move from ms to continue to blight americas small towns with bad ram

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
All game stores are on the Blockbuster path. There’s more convenient options in digital and amazon, I don’t know why anyone would want to go into the shop to buy. Even pre-covid.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Microsoft partnering with GameStop after trying to kill used games 7 years ago is pretty hilarious.

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Rad Valtar posted:

Microsoft partnering with GameStop after trying to kill used games 7 years ago is pretty hilarious.

Be pretty funny if they Nokia’d them

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Crafty posted:

All game stores are on the Blockbuster path. There’s more convenient options in digital and amazon, I don’t know why anyone would want to go into the shop to buy. Even pre-covid.
If I want physical I will not order from Amazon. Sometimes you get the game 1 day early, but sometimes you get it 4 days late and I'm not willing to take that risk. That being said, Best Buy and Target also take pre-orders for physical pickup so there's no reason I would need to go to Gamestop specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lol the NFS hot pursuit remaster runs at 4K/30 on the PS4 pro/One X

this is what it looks like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91PZ2d-1HFs

dunno feel like you could probably push those graphics at 60fps on a iphone4