Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

roomforthetuna posted:

We found a surprisingly tasty and easy soup. It is this:
1. chop up and fry an onion
2. put some flour in there and stir it around so it turns into a roux (this is optional and doesn't really make that much difference so skip this step!)
3. rip up a whole cauliflower and chuck it in there except the tough core-bit.
4. four cups of water and some stock cubes or whatever, or half-and-half water and liquid stock, or whatever, it's actually okay with just water.
5. bring to a boil, simmer for half an hour.
6. blender it smooth, salt and pepper to taste.

Like literally if you do the simplest version of this it is just an onion, a cauliflower and water and it's still pretty good.

imma make this come the weekend. need something healthy and light and warm, and this should fit the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

hi hello

i love you all

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

roomforthetuna posted:

2. put some flour in there and stir it around so it turns into a roux (this is optional and doesn't really make that much difference so skip this step!)
4. four cups of water and some stock cubes or whatever, or half-and-half water and liquid stock, or whatever, it's actually okay with just water.

Like literally if you do the simplest version of this it is just an onion, a cauliflower and water and it's still pretty good.

it's no salmon soup but i'll try it

alnilam

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

:same:

ty manifisto

alnilam

Hi welcome and chat, crusader, I've seen you around somewhere i think maybe in the thread of the forbidden politic man.

take the moon

by sebmojo

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

hey excellent

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Pineapple upside-down cake is a dangerous trap. You can and will hurt yourself if you linger too long.

Sig by Heather Papps

nut

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

roomforthetuna posted:

If you add a bunch of paprika (and maybe a chopped up carrot with the onion) and a bunch of chopped parsley at the end and maybe some lil dumbplings and don't blender it is a very good hungarian soup!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

City of Glompton

take the moon posted:

hey excellent

hi i like ur sig

Stoner Sloth

hell same

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

same again, hope you're all doing okay out there!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

If you add a bunch of paprika (and maybe a chopped up carrot with the onion) and a bunch of chopped parsley at the end and maybe some lil dumbplings and don't blender it is a very good hungarian soup!
That's a lot more ingredients, I wasn't that hungary! :rimshot:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Crusader posted:

hi

i dont think ive ever posted in byob but sayin hey

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

City of Glompton

here is a tip, from me, to u

if you have not seen 9 to 5 with dolly parton, go watch it now, ok?

vanisher

Crusader posted:

hi

i dont think ive ever posted in byob but sayin hey

hello! thanks for this post!

your av/username combo is extremely powerful

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

roomforthetuna posted:

i'm gonna make the soup, and post pix. but i don't have a blender

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
In other food things, someone brought their air-fryer to our house yesterday, and we tried cooking various things in it. The most surprising thing was if you just cook a piece of bread in it in air-fryer mode it really does become like fried bread, even without any oil being involved at all.

If you air-fryer a frozen dumpling it's like a rangoon.

The most disappointing thing was air-fried frozen oven fries, which were basically just the same as if they'd been done in the oven, I had higher expectations after the bread.

Diorama

i remember when all this was fields

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

just a few quick tricks i have learnd:
1) always toast the bread (use good bread)
2)get good cheese from the deli counter, not presliced stuff
3)same for meat, but honestly the difference is huge with cheese
4)real mayonnaise, plenty of it
5)slice tomatoes thin, but put lots of them. squeeze the guts out of the tomatoe first so it doesn't make your sammich soggy. The little roma tomatoes form the store are decent year round and 1 is exactly right for a sandwich.
6)ARUGALA
7)the oil and vinegar with herbs sandwich dressing or w/e is really good.

hope that helps! improvisation and experimentation is the real heart and soul of sandwich making so go out and experiment!

this man knows how to make a sandwich.

seriously like at least 5 out of 7 points verbatim

Chewbecca

Man I had the best sandwich in Vegas years ago and now I want a proper american sandwich and not a thin wussy australian sandwich :colbert:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Diorama

i want the absurdly long submarine sandwich 'swimming in vinegar' that bart orders when lisa is babysitting

nut

roomforthetuna posted:

In other food things, someone brought their air-fryer to our house yesterday, and we tried cooking various things in it. The most surprising thing was if you just cook a piece of bread in it in air-fryer mode it really does become like fried bread, even without any oil being involved at all.

If you air-fryer a frozen dumpling it's like a rangoon.

The most disappointing thing was air-fried frozen oven fries, which were basically just the same as if they'd been done in the oven, I had higher expectations after the bread.

:eng101:

Chewbecca

It's me, I'm the rangoon

Diorama

don’t do mini Camembert bites in an air fryer, they melt and empty and are just hollow bites

Escape From Noise

Diorama posted:

don’t do mini Camembert bites in an air fryer, they melt and empty and are just hollow bites

I ate too much fried camembert at some point a while ago and now I just can't eat it anymore. Too much of a good thing

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

ChubbyChecker

https://i.imgur.com/YOLvvzE.mp4

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

There's always a strip of highway that smells like it.

sig by owlhawk911

Bilirubin

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

roomforthetuna posted:

Ima make my squash soup today, which is the following:
1. roast a butternut squash chopped into cubes with two onions cut into wedges and, I dunno a head or two of garlic, peeled, and a buncha cumin seeds sprinkled on top after you stir in some good olive oil
2. meanwhile clean like a cup of red lentils, wash, then simmer those bad boys in broth
3. when squash is good and soft toss it into the lentils, get your stick blender, and go nuts until smooth
4. eat with good bread
5. don't forget to roast some squash alone for your puppy. garlic is bad for doggos

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!
Joey McChrist

one of the houses on my street reeks of it whenever i walk past. the only person living there is a little old lady so she must be OG trashed crew

Evil Bob

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

o wait its me lol

Chris James 2

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

sig by Heather Papps

Prof. Crocodile

hello everyone. i have been work-posting all day today. :ssh:

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Prof. Crocodile posted:

hello everyone. i have been work-posting all day today. :ssh:

:same:

City of Glompton posted:

hi hello

i love you all

:agreed:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi friends, the good people of Trashed Crew advised me to come post here. Although they were trashed so it's just as likely they meant to send me to a thread three blocks over

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Ahem,

Howdy

alnilam

Helo hi howdy yo

ty manifisto

Prof. Crocodile

Rarity posted:

Hi friends, the good people of Trashed Crew advised me to come post here. Although they were trashed so it's just as likely they meant to send me to a thread three blocks over

aldantefax posted:

Ahem,

Howdy

hello friends!

itt we talk about our pets, lunches, and crimes that we enjoy committing.

do you have any pets, meals, or crimes to share?

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I am currently eating dinner! I'm having apple-glazed pork with rice and salad (ie. whatever veg I have kicking around). It's good!

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Rarity posted:

I am currently eating dinner! I'm having apple-glazed pork with rice and salad (ie. whatever veg I have kicking around). It's good!

this sounds delicious

I had a rather spartan lunch, and I am trying to soldier on to dinner, and maybe get trashed tonight...