Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Bust Rodd posted:

sorry I thought the threat labeled “Epstein thread” would be a good place to check in on Epstein but then I scrolled through 5 pages of spook poo poo and had none of the info I was looking for.

If you don't even have to comb through a bunch of nonsense to find a nugget of information, is it really even worth finding out more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Suplex Liberace posted:

Lmao thinking she was ever in jail

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nut posted:

e: I don't even know where to begin to suggest to my dad that this is wild propaganda. Maybe ask him why he thinks the head of a capital firm that pillaged Russia in the 90s would write this book and not, say, an academic or journalist
This book was popular as hell when I was working at a bookstore

nut
Jul 30, 2019

that is sad what a sad world. sad

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
lol at expecting this conversation to actually end in real justice being served in the U S of A, instead of expecting it to end in hopelessly untangling the multitudes of Epstein-like figures we discover who are used in a much wider conspiracy of rulers that spans generations of organized crime

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Sometimes I feel bad for not reading more books, but then I see books like that and think, maybe I'm better off illiterate.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Sometimes I feel bad for not reading more books, but then I see books like that and think, maybe I'm better off illiterate.

lol well if you ever need suggestions we got a big ol' list that grows every time i post it and people point out all the things i forgot to add

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I'll read them I just don't wanna pay for them.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
archive dot org exists, go spin the wheel on any of nut’s recommend list for the week and enjoy the insane crack pings

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
And other domains specifically for archiving all books, copyrighted or not

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I buy everything i can physical but only because i will end myself i have to look at a screen anymore than i already do

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I feel that, and books are easier to re-find your place in if you put it down. Why, no, I haven't yet found a free ebook reader whose bookmark feature works correctly, why do you ask?

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

This article is basically my entire pov since a few years back. These online trolls groups are dangerous and being manipulated by powerful and dangerous people, unwittingly at times.

Now it's just out in the open. The fascism is here and I hope we figure out how to reverse it.

Shame about all the typos.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Tubgoat posted:

libgen

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
tho i prefer paper books, i absorb the information better and i focus better

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

nut posted:

I buy everything i can physical but only because i will end myself i have to look at a screen anymore than i already do

Get physical copies of marxist/communist works before they’re banned sometime in this new decade

nut
Jul 30, 2019

in the past month, I wanted to reference something in 2 of the only ebooks i have relevant to this thread on my kindle, one was Poisoner in Chief. I spent so long trying to navigate to the spot I wanted whereas a physical book is a dream. Trying to use an index on an ereader is a nightmare

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

nut posted:

if people aren't familiar, Bill Browder was one of the biggest profiteers to Yeltsin's (America's) 1990s shock capitalism in Russia. Browder had also gone through such valiant endeavors as renouncing his american citizenship to dodge taxes. In the same vein, he abandoned Russia following a civil tax judgement of 19 milly, leaving his accounting, Sergei Magnitsky behind to be arrested and answer for his crimes. Magnitsky died in jail (Russians say it was cardiac arrest, Browder and the US by extension say torture). Browder said Magnitsky was actually jailed not for Browder's own indiscretions but instead because Sergei had somehow exposed 230 milly in theft by the Russian govt.

Browder lobbied to get the Magnitsky act passed in America, which introduced sanctions on Putin and oligarchs close to him. Browder also fought tooth and nail to prevent release and screening of a documentary called "The Magnitsky Act: Behind the Scenes" by Andrei Nekrasov, a Russian dissident, because it suggested that Browder had made up most of his story.

Perhaps in the chaotic magic of this thread, I guess this can be woven back into the subjects here because the Magnitsky Act was famously combated by Putin barring the adoption of Russian orphans by Americans, which probably has implications here, sadly.

e: I don't even know where to begin to suggest to my dad that this is wild propaganda. Maybe ask him why he thinks the head of a capital firm that pillaged Russia in the 90s would write this book and not, say, an academic or journalist

let me see if I get this straight

Bill Browder profits off exploiting the collapse of post-Soviet Russia, gets slammed by the courts to the tune of 19 million bucks, and flees the country.

Browder's accountant Sergei Magnitsky, gets arrested instead of Browder, and dies in prison.

Browder claims that Magnitsky was prosecuted by the Russian government not because Browder left him twisting in the wind for the money that HE owed, but rather because Magnitsky had uncovered some kind of massive corruption scandal in the government.

Browder than lobbies the US government to pass the Magnitsky act, which imposes economic sanctions on Russia and "Putin's pals"... in retaliation for "killing" Magnitsky, when it was all his fault to begin with.

Where does the adoption of orphans come in? I vaguely remember that that was supposed to be something that involved the Magnitsky act.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Russia like, banned US parents from adopting Russian orphans I think.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe
Infertile Americans liked adopting white babies from Russia instead of non-white kids from America. In retaliation for the Magnitsky Act Russia banned Americans from adopting children there. When the Trump Tower meeting took place and they said they weren't conspiring but talking about adoptions, they were actually talking about dropping the Magnitsky Act in a quid pro quo of some sort

nut
Jul 30, 2019

I was reading a bit more and it sounds like Browder claimed that Magnitsky actually uncovered that Browder had been forced to overpay 230 mill in tax and def not fled the country after refusing to pay the 19 mill he still owed

the adoption ban was apparently justified by Putin pointing out a case of a Russian orphan dying when it was left alone in a hot car in Virginia.

also, I mentioned Browder relinquished US citizenships to dodge taxes, here’s the Wikipedia part with his justification for doing so

“In 1999, Browder received naturalization as a British citizen. Meanwhile, he relinquished his U.S. citizenship in 1998.[3][4][5] He cited that he did so because of "a legacy of bad feeling about the rule of law" as a result of his family having been "viciously persecuted" by U.S. authorities in the 1950s, citing especially his communist grandfather, Earl Browder who was imprisoned twice during the era of McCarthyism.”

Earl Browder was the leader of the US Communist Party for a while

nut
Jul 30, 2019

For some relevance

On the newest episode of the Farm podcast, VISUP mentions that he's about to release a book about Epstein and Trump. If it's anything like Strange Tales, it'll be edited like dogshit, but at least it's coming from a better perspective than James Patterson

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

i believe the thing you want is a library thats where most of my books come from

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

the more i read about it the more convinced i am it was a saudi intelligence op, and that mossad actually tried to disrupt it but met resistance from the CIA, who already knew what "the planes operation" was and were perfectly ok with it
With the CIA, can you ever be sure if it's malice or incompetence?

nut
Jul 30, 2019

knowing what O'Neill wrote in CHAOS about Manson, ya i'd say i'm getting pretty hardcore crack pinged by Programmed to Kill mentioning that serial killers including manson, stanley baker, ed kemper, herb mullin, john frazier, and the zodiac all arose out of Santa Cruz/San Francisco in the span of 4 years

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

My copy of Psychic Warrior by David Morehouse the guy at the center of alleging remote viewing bs in the CIA came in. If its interesting I'll report back.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
this seems a much more successful thread for getting goons to read than the book club thread or the LF thread

nut
Jul 30, 2019

like dudes, books rock

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009

nut posted:

knowing what O'Neill wrote in CHAOS about Manson, ya i'd say i'm getting pretty hardcore crack pinged by Programmed to Kill mentioning that serial killers including manson, stanley baker, ed kemper, herb mullin, john frazier, and the zodiac all arose out of Santa Cruz/San Francisco in the span of 4 years

I mean...

People like to use the lead in the water explanation but idk, I really don't think that hundreds of men just randomly all started to kill strangers in gruesome ways with no profit motive and then all decided to stop (yeah dna, more cameras everywhere but look at how many other murders don't get solved) because of mommy issues at a specific time unique to all of previous human history. I don't know how much I buy of the book as a whole, but once you learn about Phoenix Program things start to look less random.

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

nut posted:

I still find it fascinating how the Zodiac was never caught while literally talking poo poo & taunting the cops in letters for years

The David Fincher movie about it owns too

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Paffgen posted:

I mean...

People like to use the lead in the water explanation but idk, I really don't think that hundreds of men just randomly all started to kill strangers in gruesome ways with no profit motive and then all decided to stop (yeah dna, more cameras everywhere but look at how many other murders don't get solved) because of mommy issues at a specific time unique to all of previous human history. I don't know how much I buy of the book as a whole, but once you learn about Phoenix Program things start to look less random.

i am dying

also I got Douglas Valentine's Phoenix book somewhere in the queue

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nut posted:

like dudes, books rock

Imagine not constantly wanting to break your brain in new and untold ways. Sounds like hell holy

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

someone hire visup a full time editor

oh wait content that powerful would get everyone killed up

i had to stop reading chris knowles after a decade...hes becoming such an old fuddy duddy it was sad to watch the takes getting hotter

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Paffgen posted:

I mean...

how much of this is the categorization of murders as by serial murders. If serial killers are in vogue with criminal "science" then you will get more murders in the serial killer bin

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Paffgen posted:

I mean...

lead wasn't in the water, it was in the air. the leaded gasoline hypothesis has appeal because the entire world had a spike in violent crime during this period and a fall in the 90's. since lead erodes impulse control and emotional resilience, it's pretty expected that more violence would occur, including gruesome violence. everyone has intrusive thoughts, but almost nobody acts on them because those thoughts are wild. throw in the totally unaddressed and socially shamed trauma suffered by people that were involved in WW2 and the abuse they perpetuated and it's not exactly surprising to have a spike in serial killers starting out in the 50's, which predates the Phoenix Program.

people also didn't just decide to stop. age is negatively correlated with violent crime. as these folks got older, they got less prone to commit violent crime at about the same rate because they were part of the same lead-brained/traumatize age group.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Suplex Liberace posted:

Imagine not constantly wanting to break your brain in new and untold ways. Sounds like hell holy

Welcome to the CPLU (Crack Ping Literary Universe)

nut
Jul 30, 2019

jolly west as psychiatric expert in the trial of another hillside strangler please no

McGowan can miss me with all these pages of just pointing out every inconsistency he found in every trial, though I certainly understand the importance of enumerating them, but all of this in light of CHAOS got me shook

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/the-chosen-one/

so Barack Obama Sr was a 25 year old cia tied asset of some kind who comes to Hawaii as the first black student in history to learn russia (with two kids and a pregnant wife)

Ann Dunham was a 18 year old hippy freshmen who didn’t know Kenyan or Russian herself, but her mom (Obama’s grandmother) was in charge of the bank of Hawaii accounts that the CIA used in Asia, which becomes even more relevant with all the dealings regarding her second husband and all the shady poo poo he was up to

Obama and Durham’s parents both objected to the marriage (for obvious reasons) yet Durham’s father kept in contact with Barack Sr long after the divorce and subsequent remarriages

now I know I tastelessly said Ann Durham was a CIA spook with jungle fever, but now I double down with it and claim the entire Obama family and legacy was a CIA engineered plot for a free president to quell any leftist movements. And on top of that the entire birthism movement was a limited hangout to stop people from looking into this borderline demonic history

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

drjuggalo posted:

I tastelessly said Ann Durham was a CIA spook with jungle fever, but now I double down with it
Please don't, comrade. Thanks for the research but such terms REALLY need to be handled carefully by skilled and/or black comedians and this is not the topic or venue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

drjuggalo posted:

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/the-chosen-one/

so Barack Obama Sr was a 25 year old cia tied asset of some kind who comes to Hawaii as the first black student in history to learn russia (with two kids and a pregnant wife)

Ann Dunham was a 18 year old hippy freshmen who didn’t know Kenyan or Russian herself, but her mom (Obama’s grandmother) was in charge of the bank of Hawaii accounts that the CIA used in Asia, which becomes even more relevant with all the dealings regarding her second husband and all the shady poo poo he was up to

Obama and Durham’s parents both objected to the marriage (for obvious reasons) yet Durham’s father kept in contact with Barack Sr long after the divorce and subsequent remarriages

now I know I tastelessly said Ann Durham was a CIA spook with jungle fever, but now I double down with it and claim the entire Obama family and legacy was a CIA engineered plot for a free president to quell any leftist movements. And on top of that the entire birthism movement was a limited hangout to stop people from looking into this borderline demonic history

for further confirmation look into the East-West Center at UH where they met