Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Super Soaker Party! posted:

I think Jastiger's real smart and will manage to keep quiet. He's one of the smartest posters to ever grace this site.

By the way, I think the REAL saga we need to talk about is how much the South sucks. The South really just sucks hard, guys. It's the loving worst.

Iowa, on the other hand, is a great place and we should all live there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Des Moines specifically is a kickass little city, but thanks to Jastiger I can no longer mention that :(

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Ok Radar O'Reilly

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
was jastiger the one who did the fyad alignment chart with himself in chaotic neutral

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

scary ghost dog posted:

was jastiger the one who did the fyad alignment chart with himself in chaotic neutral

Landerig

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

scary ghost dog posted:

IDK if he changed his name, but that was Kheldragar. I remember because he bought an emote and named it after himself.

:kheldragar:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pick posted:

Landerig

Seem to recall him being one of the original main SASS posters at the time too. Just so furious he kept getting made fun of for that chart he dedicated his life to poo poo posting all about the forums on an offsite.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pick posted:

Landerig

lol thanks. i hope u can understand why i got them mixed up.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pick posted:

Forums double agent Landerig

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
[rearranging the letters in jastiger, turning the s sideways, flipping the j upside down] mother of god

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Pick posted:

Landerig

I could be misremembering, but didn’t Landerig exile himself to one of those pre kiwifarms SA outcast sites once he discovered that he would never live down... pretty much everything about himself, and so could only find camaraderie amongst men who moved to China and converted to Greek Orthodoxy in order to preserve holy western culture from the threat of progressivism and, I assume, extradition law?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lol if you type landerig into google it suggests "chaotic neutral"

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Solice Kirsk posted:

A year or so ago before the Anonymous Confessions thread died out Jastiger wrote one saying he's still around.

Aatrek too

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Ammat The Ankh posted:

IDK if he changed his name, but that was Kheldragar. I remember because he bought an emote and named it after himself.

:kheldragar:

kheldragar was the secret forum grooming guy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Really? I don't remember that one.

Edit:
Boy, I really miss those threads. It was a fun way to read short fiction stories and every once in awhile there was a pure gem that just had to be true.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Can someone link the goon commune in Hawaii where they drank stagnant water and tried to kill a pig with an air gun?

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

Solice Kirsk posted:

Really? I don't remember that one.

Edit:
Boy, I really miss those threads. It was a fun way to read short fiction stories and every once in awhile there was a pure gem that just had to be true.

I think it was a previous iteration. Loq or HH or whoever managed that thread wisely decided not to post anything else from him. Not that there was any way to prove it was actually him.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

lol if you type landerig into google it suggests "chaotic neutral"

It's the highest listed suggestion

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

jaegerx posted:

Can someone link the goon commune in Hawaii where they drank stagnant water and tried to kill a pig with an air gun?

Here is the gassed project thread (probably need archives):From dense rainforest to retreat center - a near overwhelming project
and here is the FYAD thread:Hawaii 5-5-5-5-5

Some of the images still show up if you use the working Waffle mirror easiest way is probably use this script here:

Jeffrey of Yospos posted:

The script linked above did not work for me in firefox so I played with it until it did. Also it did not correctly handle file extensions that were uppercase, which my version now does. I have not tested in chrome but I suspect it will not work.

https://gist.github.com/JeffreyOfYOSPOS/660d9d819a6011b2a3f22ed531cf7a36

Hub Cat has a new favorite as of 02:09 on Oct 8, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

promising carl posted:

I think it was a previous iteration. Loq or HH or whoever managed that thread wisely decided not to post anything else from him. Not that there was any way to prove it was actually him.

I can only imagine some of the trash that got emailed to those guys.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Yikesaroo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

Goons also directly ruined his plans by puffing up his ego and encouraging him to go beyond his initial idea for a hot dog cart with a simple menu and pushed him into opening a standing restaurant.

No. He wanted a hot dog cart, got some money raised by goons, then actually did a bare amount of research and figured out that hot dog carts were illegal in his county.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That's even funnier.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Wasn't Aatrek a totally anodyne poster? I can see him blending into the forums on an alt easily enough, since his crimes weren't posting-style-related, more... actual hideous crimes.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
He was perfectly stable as a poster (enough to be a mod, for what that's worth) and he knew enough to get the actual gently caress out the very instant he was found out rather than denying or trying to double down or whatever like many of our most broken members. At least as far as I know, he never did anything particularly noteworthy as a poster.

Edit: if I remember right he did probe the first-reply to the patient zero My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thread in TVIV that simply read, "You are a pedophile" which is funny in retrospect

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Heath posted:

Edit: if I remember right he did probe the first-reply to the patient zero My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic thread in TVIV that simply read, "You are a pedophile" which is funny in retrospect

"PM me ;)"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Gone Fashing posted:

kheldragar was the secret forum grooming guy
Kheldragar was the one who was underage, or at least that's what was said back then.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Breaking the gender barrier back then. SA leading the way again.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
it was dumb and sad and wrong and true

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Antivehicular posted:

Wasn't Aatrek a totally anodyne poster? I can see him blending into the forums on an alt easily enough, since his crimes weren't posting-style-related, more... actual hideous crimes.

pretty sure if a perma'd poster gets a new account and never really posts on it, they are effectively unbannable

but then again, if they never post, are they really a goon?

sometimes i think about lurkers, this whole shadow contingent of goons who have been reading the forums for years but for some reason post extremely rarely or never. sometimes i pop open the reading list and try to find active accounts with no post count. it's curious to think about the reasons someone may have been an observer of this forum for years and yet they effectively stay in the corner, content to watch others make the worst posts. obviously our posting standards are very low!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
On my first account in 2006 I barely ever posted for nearly a decade. Part of that was I joined at 13 and goons all seemed like extremely cool grownups should would make fun of me.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

luxury handset posted:

pretty sure if a perma'd poster gets a new account and never really posts on it, they are effectively unbannable

sometimes i think about lurkers, this whole shadow contingent of goons who have been reading the forums for years but for some reason post extremely rarely or never. sometimes i pop open the reading list and try to find active accounts with no post count. it's curious to think about the reasons someone may have been an observer of this forum for years and yet they effectively stay in the corner, content to watch others make the worst posts. obviously our posting standards are very low!

I can kind of remember what it was like reading but never posting. I lurked for three years before I registered and still really enjoyed myself except for when the accursed paywall would strike.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

luxury handset posted:

almost every lurker that decides to randomly start posting are like lowtax - stuck in 2001 style humor and it's kind of amazing

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

On my first account in 2006 I barely ever posted for nearly a decade. Part of that was I joined at 13 and goons all seemed like extremely cool grownups should would make fun of me.

I've had this idea that The Goon Problem is partially attributable to A) people too young to encounter this level of self-justified misanthropy get twisted on negativity & B)miserable goons, desperate for someone to give their misery meaning, naturally gravitate towards the ideas of the only people with the proper combination of novel thinking, bluster and ignorance needed to inspire them; teenagers. Hence we always buy into the dumbest, extreme permutations of extant political and philosophical ideas.

I call it The Manchildren's Crusade Theory.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that's a really difficult post to read

re: anonymous confession threads, i think just because someone says "hello i am aatrek" using a throwaway email address doesn't necessarily mean that He Posts Among Us. he might, of course, but i hold out hope that he does not

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You'd think he would have lost interest in SA once it turned 18.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Now you know they're not extremely cool

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

that's a really difficult post to read

History will vindicate and or ignore me.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I definitely don't think Tiny Brontosaurus is still around on an alt, and anyone who disagrees with me on this is a rapist/pedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i was wondering whether there's some sort of register of permabanned goons (aside from the obvious) because so many of the permas are going to be repeats. but checking the leper's colony for just permas led to a discovery: