Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

bobjr posted:

Is there a reason why Trump won’t just indict Hillary instead of talking about it forever? Is it that weird cowardice he has or something?

Doesn't really comprehend he could order it done and none of his underlings want to actually do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/adam_tooze/status/1314213963282829313

the coming 2 decades will be quite the interesting test of the premise "you can't take it with you"

uh, why the gently caress is biden doing this, isn't trump quitting the debate for his own rally exactly what the campaign wants?

Trump's polling dropped like a rock after the first debate and he's likely to be even more unhinged in the next one, and will look/sound awful (more than usual). The point is to get Trump speaking and reminding people he's a national embarrassment as much as possible.

And if Trump doesn't show up he'll look like a coward and a weakling, so it's a win-win for Biden if Trump is no longer contagious.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I knew what a loving tariff was in the 6th grade.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Doesn't really comprehend he could order it done and none of his underlings want to actually do it.

His whole career as The Donald must have had a whole different dynamic where he was just surrounded by his sons and other yes-men who would always hop to do whatever he demanded because there were no competing subsidiary organizations and no procedure to follow other than "make Dad not mad"

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

J-Spot posted:

Oct 22 is the date of the third debate. I think Biden is saying that debate should be converted to a townhall so Trump has to face the voters.

okay that actually makes sense

https://twitter.com/BW/status/1313151918760435712

i really don't like being able to see my future by looking at the past 20 years of japan :smith:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

I know the republicans in Michigan are upset about not being able to buy seeds from Walmart in April when there was snow on the ground, but JFC....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

FizFashizzle posted:

There will be nothing left for us.

Yeah I keep having to explain to boomers that retirement is a byproduct of a bygone era. The end of the Millenials lives will probably closely mark the end of the middle class. Once you're too old to work you either starve to death or die of untreated disease (if you haven't already since both food/healthcare will overtake earnings for anyone not upper class in the next 25 years). Capitalist autocrats have already won. Only violent revolution will change anything for the better now.

hail communist vegan saitan!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

but Antifa or something

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1314199724937949184?s=21

This is a particularly stupid thing to say, lol.

Someone said some time back just to substitute "I" for "Nobody" when he goes on about poo poo like this. Makes much more sense when you consider his inability to see anything beyond himself.

e:b

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Clinton wrote a conditional if-then death note note that made getting her a death.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

TulliusCicero posted:

Can this be on his tombstone? Please?

Also loving :lol: at a 74 year old obese man declaring himself "a perfect physical specimen" and "extremely young"

The fucker is so delusional he really sees himself as a Garrison cartoon

I wonder if all of this delusion of being an Adonis demigod has always been there in his head, just bubbling under the surface, or if the steroids are loving with his head and making him feel invincible.

At the rate his rhetoric is going, he's just going to whip his dick out and yell at everyone to see how big it is in his next public message.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Astro7x posted:

I know the republicans in Michigan are upset about not being able to buy seeds from Walmart in April when there was snow on the ground, but JFC....

https://twitter.com/MikeBeauvais/status/1314230854655315970?s=19

e;fb

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Have some guiltless enjoyment of a monster’s pain, as a treat.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1314031770426322945?s=21

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Americans straight up don't believe the GOP supports what it does because their positions are too insane to believe:

https://www.vox.com/21502189/preexisting-conditions-trump-republicans

you should see what they think Biden believes, it's an absolute laugh riot

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

The underlying issue is that government communications, especially at a high level, are supposed to be conducted on government-owned hardware. The two main reasons for this are security and retention. Government workers are allowed to delete personal emails, but they’re never really “deleted” when on a government server. So not only was she able to permanently delete emails at any time, but during discovery, her lawyers categorized a whole slew of emails as “not relevant” which were then deleted or otherwise lost. In a normal situation, no regular employee would be the sole arbiter of relevance with no investigative recourse.

So, it’s not like a big conspiracy with baby blood drugs or whatever, but it is a concrete example of “the normal rules do not apply to this entitled rich person.” Made even worse when you consider the fact that her husband met privately with the AG, which forced her to recuse herself from the prosecution decision.

The Clintons have this lifelong habit, going all the way back to Arkansas, of making everything they do look shady as gently caress, all to no real personal gain. They're not all that much more corrupt than average for politicians, but they have a real knack for acting like they are.

I think part of the problem is that they AREN'T wealthy: Bill's famously from relative poverty, and Hillary family was middle class-ish. They didn't have access to the Good Old Boy network to launder their graft once they started making it, so they had to rely on their own personal network of incompetent shady fixers, not unlike Trump. Mitt Romney probably has 20 Whitewater's in his past, but he has access to a whole other level of lawyers and accountants.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Youth Decay posted:

Trump's polling dropped like a rock after the first debate and he's likely to be even more unhinged in the next one, and will look/sound awful (more than usual). The point is to get Trump speaking and reminding people he's a national embarrassment as much as possible.

And if Trump doesn't show up he'll look like a coward and a weakling, so it's a win-win for Biden if Trump is no longer contagious.

Biden is essentially saying "aw poor baby, ya know what? We can have another one when you are not contagious, just for you!"

And then Trump has to throw a tantrum again or accept and throw a tantrum there

It continues to hurt his strongman image with idiots

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TulliusCicero posted:

Can this be on his tombstone? Please?

Also loving :lol: at a 74 year old obese man declaring himself "a perfect physical specimen" and "extremely young"

The fucker is so delusional he really sees himself as a Garrison cartoon

You can tell from his tone that he's trying to make a joke with "extremely young" but that he actually means "perfect physical specimen," but then he starts to slur about how "maybe I could lose a few pounds, but that's true of a lot of us" and like, he's trying to do like a Facebook Wine Mom voice, it's one of the funnier things he's recorded, up there with getting the softball about what he's getting for Melania for her birthday and freezing up on live TV.

There's just something extremely funny about the weird screaming bully guy suddenly trying to do "Hoo, I love candy, but I might as well put these right into my hips, you know what I'm sayin', ladies?"

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

TulliusCicero posted:

Biden is essentially saying "aw poor baby, ya know what? We can have another one when you are not contagious, just for you!"

And then Trump has to throw a tantrum again or accept and throw a tantrum there

It continues to hurt his strongman image with idiots

The last debate being the town hall is a smart move.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Guys I hate Trump so much it hurts but he was clearly making a joke about being “extremely young” and in perfect physical condition. He makes these sorts of very, very mildly self-deprecating jokes sometimes about his weight or hair or whatnot

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

skylined! posted:

Have some guiltless enjoyment of a monster’s pain, as a treat.

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1314031770426322945?s=21

:hmmyes:

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Delthalaz posted:

Guys I hate Trump so much it hurts but he was clearly making a joke about being “extremely young” and in perfect physical condition. He makes these sorts of very, very mildly self-deprecating jokes sometimes about his weight or hair or whatnot

Trump has literally never been self-deprecating, ever, in his entire life.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Xombie posted:

Trump has literally never been self-deprecating, ever, in his entire life.

Self-depreciating maybe

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Lemming posted:

Self-depreciating maybe

Self-defecating for sure

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

CommieGIR posted:

Its not a very good one given who he is and what he usually says.

Well to be fair, he had to make it up on the fly

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

BigglesSWE posted:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1314184654971449344?s=21

I want Hillary to endorse Trump, just to see what happens.
Please please please fire everyone before the election because they won’t indulge your fantasy. I wonder how much they’re (Pompeo and Barr) holding back because they don’t see a future in the WH and don’t want to further risk investigations and indictments if the democrats control all 3 branches. I mean those things should definitely happen either way, though.

Meatball posted:

Lmao if they manage to start a "is trump competent to actually *be* president?" conversation a couple weeks before the election. Just bringing all his nuttty stuff of the past year to the front.

They should do that, though, including Biden’s camp. It’s Trump getting his just desserts. Also, really gross he called Kamala a monster. Keep losing women in the suburbs moron.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Here’s the government filing about the plot. It’s basically what ISIS would do

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1314236171292205057?s=21

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.

Tim Whatley posted:

but Antifa or something

Would they be called militias if they were black? Why are armed neo nazis militias and not gangs/terrorists?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

particle9 posted:

Would they be called militias if they were black? Why are armed neo nazis militias and not gangs/terrorists?

You know why.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Don't like a GOP statement? Just wait a few minutes.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1314240717850640384?s=20

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Textbook domestic terrorists. Couldn't be more literal.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Is this attempt against Whittimer the reason we’re seeing some grudging moderation of Q-ultists?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

eggyolk posted:

Textbook domestic terrorists. Couldn't be more literal.
The part where they hatch a plan with an IT guy and a demolition guy like it's Mission Impossible is hilarious.

"I've hacked into her Comcast router... sending the command to have Alexa turn on her living room fan. . . . . . NOW"

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

The part where they hatch a plan with an IT guy and a demolition guy like it's Mission Impossible is hilarious.

"I've hacked into her Comcast router... sending the command to have Alexa turn on her living room fan. . . . . . NOW"

I liked how he wanted to involve plumbers and electricians to check out the blueprints.

Their plan was to abduct her before she got to her home, why would they need blueprints??? Dude watched way too many movies.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Biden’s camp should say no, time to play hardball and force their hand.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Right wing terrorists plotting open insurrection after the President broadcasted LIBERATE MICHIGAN ought to be a bigger story. Holy gently caress.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

gently caress SNEEP posted:

I liked how he wanted to involve plumbers and electricians to check out the blueprints.

Their plan was to abduct her before she got to her home, why would they need blueprints??? Dude watched way too many movies.

Later in plan they suggest just knocking on her door, shooting her in the head, and then whoever shoots her should shoot themselves.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Phoix posted:

Later in plan they suggest just knocking on her door, shooting her in the head, and then whoever shoots her should shoot themselves.

Ah, the old conservative, I shot her in self defense routine....

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/adam_tooze/status/1314213963282829313

the coming 2 decades will be quite the interesting test of the premise "you can't take it with you"

The situation is even worse than this too. Zuckerberg is a decent chunk of that millennial wealth just by himself.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

This seems like a dumb move from Biden. Why not say yes to the virtual debate and then walk away while Trump and the debate council work their poo poo out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Artonos posted:

The situation is even worse than this too. Zuckerberg is a decent chunk of that millennial wealth just by himself.