Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Michael Myers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Hwurmp posted:

Michael Myers

Great snipe, got a hearty chuckle

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Switching topics for a moment, this week I started on Tales of Vesperia, this is my first ever Tales of game and I am enjoying it a lot so far. Got it on Nintendo Switch when it was on sale for $15. Pleasantly surprised by how good of a port this is, it runs at 60fps too. If I end up finishing this game and still really enjoying it, what are the other Tales of games worth getting?

Tales of the Abyss is my favorite, but it's a physical-only 3DS game from 8 years ago, no idea if it is easy to get nowadays.

Tales of Graces F is a lot of fun and had my favorite combat. It's a ps3 exclusive.

I haven't played Berseria, but everyone praises it.

And if you have a Vita, Hearts R was surprisingly good too.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

I said come in! posted:

I don't think any fighting game tops the roster for Tekken 7, I just wish it wasn't such a multiplayer heavy fighting game.

Switching topics for a moment, this week I started on Tales of Vesperia, this is my first ever Tales of game and I am enjoying it a lot so far. Got it on Nintendo Switch when it was on sale for $15. Pleasantly surprised by how good of a port this is, it runs at 60fps too. If I end up finishing this game and still really enjoying it, what are the other Tales of games worth getting?

Steam has Symphonia, Zestria, and Berseria.

Berseria is good, haven't played Zestria but I've heard that it was pretty the first version of Berseria's combat system so it has some rough patches, and Symphonia I'll give a tentative maybe.

Symphonia was the first 3D Tales game, and the gameplay for it has not aged well, but the story for it is good.

Beyond that, I can personally vouch for Abyss on PS2/3DS, and Xillia 1 and 2 on PS3.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
did they get Robert Englund for Freddie?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
So this news about the PS3, PSP and PS Vita games not being able to be bought on the web store anymore.

It's no big deal, you can still buy PS3 games on the PS3's built-in store still! And that still works fine right?

https://twitter.com/GigaBoots/status/1313634458466226176

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Please post more about Lancer, I need to convince myself that it's okay to stop my Blades in the Dark game to go to spaaaaaaaaaaace.

the thing about lancer is that it is a combination of BITD (when you're playing your pilot you have the same sort of skill checks and RP) and tactical DnD style combat (when you're doing actual mech fighting). it's really a neat way to merge the two styles of game in a way that makes sense

here's a screenshot of the aftermath of our first combat:

and now that's done we're going back to the mysterious bunker that these dudes were after, and we will be using our pilot skills like Hacking, Applying Fists to Faces or Blowing Something Up which all work similar to how BITD does it (roll a 10 or higher to succeed at what you're doing) (i might also be forgetting about how BITD works and getting it confused with the Sprawl but my brain rots more and more each day so apologies)

here's my sweet drone mech (official art that i just recolored in photoshop) which by the way the official art is done by the same artist as Kill Six Billion Demons which ownssss

and the other really cool thing is that lancer has COMP/CON - a browser app kinda similar to DnDBeyond but much more robust, as it lets you fill out your full character sheet, build your mech, and turn on battle mode to keep track of all your hp, heat, repairs, structure damage, etc. we used Roll20 for the battle map and dice rolls, but kept track of everything in comp/con.

on top of that there is just all kinds of cool scifi lore about the galaxy and different factions, corporations, etc. it's fuckin sick.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 8, 2020

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

wuggles posted:

I dont hate Yakuza combat, but its not the reason I play the games.

End of year game list. Above the separator are games I own and have started.

13 Sentinels
Hades wins 2-10
Bayonetta 2
Persona 5 Royal
Super Mario Galaxy
Luigis Mansion 3
Death Stranding

Crash 4
Star Wars Squadrons
Yakuza 7
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
Pokmon Crown Tundra
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Resident Evil 2
Spider-Man Miles Morales

poo poo I forgot Bugsnax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I don't think any fighting game tops the roster for Tekken 7, I just wish it wasn't such a multiplayer heavy fighting game.

Berseria is definitely the best Tales game. Xillia 1, 2 and Graces F are great but ps3 only. If you have a psvita, Hearts R is also good.

Abyss is good, just follow a guide if you are worried about missing stuff. Then again you are playing Vesperia which is probably the worst for missable stuff.

Zestiria has a nonsensical story but the combat system is solid enough(except when you run into enemy casters) and the characters / skits are amusing.
Symphonia is bad with a mediocre story, very simple combat and a lot of padding.

Then if you still want more, you can try the 2d games but I am personally not a huge fan of them because the combat is really simple.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So this news about the PS3, PSP and PS Vita games not being able to be bought on the web store anymore.

It's no big deal, you can still buy PS3 games on the PS3's built-in store still! And that still works fine right?

https://twitter.com/GigaBoots/status/1313634458466226176

The PSN website doesn't work right now at all. The whole thing is down across all platforms.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I said come in! posted:

The PSN website doesn't work right now at all. The whole thing is down across all platforms.

Must be clearing out all the old themes from the market in order to make room for the next-generation ones.

Including Corn Love. Especially Corn Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqnCNNJtsM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Must be clearing out all the old themes from the market in order to make room for the next-generation ones.

Including Corn Love. Especially Corn Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkqnCNNJtsM

This is my theme on PS3 and PS4. I really hope it still works on PS5. Its the only theme i've paid money for.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has there been any videos of like the UI or anything for the PS5

I'm interested in seeing the new store because the current PS4 one is p bad

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John Rambo definitely looks like a monster in the latest movies tho.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I had to use the DS2 randomizer's cheat sheet to find the King's Ring, one of two key items. It was on an ash guy at the bottom of the curse tower in Brume. There's no indication there's an item under it lol, what an rear end in a top hat place for it

I wish the randomizer rotated in and out boss weapons too, but it's pretty fun for what it is.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Help Im Alive posted:

I was wondering this too. I remember Sony doing an hour long deep dive into all the menus and features of the PS4 ages before it launched. It might seem unimportant but you're going to be looking at it a lot (and hopefully listening to some nice haunting tunes).

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

No spoilers.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Symphonia is the most well-known game in the series but I don't think it's aged very well outside of whatever nostalgia you might have for the game. The story was always a copy-paste of FFX but worse, the combat is fine but lacks the over-the-top-ness some of the later titles have in terms of hilarious combos for skills.

I tried Berseria when everyone hyped it up but got bored after two hours because the combat is so easy and I still didn't have any other party members to try out and I wasn't really interested in the plot which seemed like it was spinning really close to The Last Of Us territory

Abyss is probably the best game in the series, deffo worth a play

Legendia is a tales game made in a parallel universe and is super weird and probably really bad but I remember being oddly drawn into it. Like, you beat the main bad guy, and the game goes on for another like seven hours afterwards and you have a chapter dedicated to each character and that's where the bulk of the story happens.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wuggles posted:

poo poo I forgot Bugsnax

Not enough talking about Bugsnax ITT

Help Im Alive posted:

Only from that Russian reddit leaker and I don't think he did the store (it's probably not live yet anyway)

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 8, 2020

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'd say the top 3 are Berseria, Abyss, and Graces F. I played both Xillia games and I could not actually tell you much about them at this point. I tend to agree that Symphonia has not aged well, Vesperia isn't bad but it's also a bit dated imho. I think most of the rest of the series could be skipped unless you want to dig in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Nope, just kinda assuming that it's going to be exactly the same as PS4.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are people talkin' bout Bugsnax?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I think Symphonia 2 is actually kind of cool and has a good ending

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rexicon1 posted:

Adam got catfished and had his nudes leaked to some gay forum which included videos of sex with his wife without her consent I’d imagine.

Ryan possibly groomed a fan who was underage and then was blackmailed by them.

Basically Rooster Teeth is in Shambles and RWBY sucks.

E: apparently Adam also jizzes over everything in the FH offices constantly too?

Thx for replies. I just found out it was AH Ryan and not "red state" Ryan so that's better i guess. Never watched AH. But had been slipping on funhaus too since all the OGs left.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Bugsnax is a little old place where we can get together

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Bring some bucks for the DLC maybe.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Throw me a curveball if you've got any more guest characters coming for MK Boon.

Get another Verhoeven character in there but make it so far out of left field it's like...

Not even a human. Just bring in the Brian Bug as a final character.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You fuckin know it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Throw me a curveball if you've got any more guest characters coming for MK Boon.

Get another Verhoeven character in there but make it so far out of left field it's like...

Imhotep.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Viewtiful Jew posted:

this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKk4Cq56d1Y

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Waluigi

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Akechis VA is one of the bugs and more so Im loving hype

I am never going to financially cover from the weekend of November 13

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Jean Claude Van Damme as Colonel Guile from the famous movie Street Fighter
Connor Mcleod from Highlander, I'm sure he can have a few amusing interactions with Raiden.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

is Bugsnax singular or plural

gonna catch me a whole stable of Bugsnaxen

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
fix the forum name rear end hole

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

A whole gacha of bugnsax

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hwurmp posted:

is Bugsnax singular or plural

gonna catch me a whole stable of Bugsnaxen

it's both, like moose

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

whaley posted:

Change it to Crota

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

whaley posted:

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Change it to Crota

Scrota