Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
Just as a reminder, there IS a spoiler thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896644 where we can discuss the particular reasons for our hype without loving with this one too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
What’s in scope for spoilers? All the published books? Spoilers up to book 5? Spoilers found online for production?

As a not done with the series yet would like to know where the line is. Thanks

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They have the opportunity to have Cutty and Burrell from The Wire to meet in the Baltimore scenes.

TraderStav posted:

What’s in scope for spoilers? All the published books? Spoilers up to book 5? Spoilers found online for production?

It's free reign for spoilers, so all of it.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

TraderStav posted:

It's full book spoilers. The literal first post is the giant spoiler from this book, and it just goes on from there.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caLji74IIp4

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dec 16

:vince:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
gently caress now I have to make sure I at least live until December

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
I'm not thrilled about weekly releases, but I can't wait!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

:sbahj: Every now and then, I wonder if SyFy regrets their decision to drop the one legitimate sci-fi property they've secured since Battlestar Galactica in 2003

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Possibly, but the problem was it was expensive and they didn't own it so they made next to nothing from it

Meanwhile they could fill it's time slot with Ghost Jello Wrestling and make bank

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
looking forward to this extremely Amos-centric season very much.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Well something's going to make up for Dune getting delayed at least

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

theCalamity posted:

I'm not thrilled about weekly releases, but I can't wait!

I think it is better overall, I missed having weekly discussions in threads like this for last season.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought season 4 was kinda bland, but I'm all in for season 5. Looks amazing.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

An all-at-once release is good for binge watching if you want to get it out of the way as quickly as possible, but the slower drip feed of a weekly release is probably better for keeping the show "sticky" for the purposes of engagement and discussion. Not to mention, it makes things a lot easier for online discussion forums like this one where you'd otherwise have to figure out how to talk about each episode without spoiling things for people who aren't completely caught up

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It's full book spoilers. The literal first post is the giant spoiler from this book, and it just goes on from there.

Thanks, I'll stay out for 2 more books and whatever novellas are in between!

I'm going to do a full rewatch starting in November.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought season 4 was kinda bland, but I'm all in for season 5. Looks amazing.

It's been said a lot already, but Book 4 is the weakest one (that I've read so far) and Book 5 was really great so you should be in for a real treat.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
That trailer bangs so hard and has so many cool spoilers for book readers! :monocle:

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
gently caress yes

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

johnsonrod posted:

Was there ever any updates on the whole Cas Anvar thing? The last I heard Alcon was starting an investigation but nothing since.

I don't think there's been any official announcements, but aside from not being present at the panel, he's barely in the trailer and doesn't even get a single line in it.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Alex died on the way back to his planet

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I was surprised he even made an appearance in the trailer.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
I feel like they'll probably just minimise his role/scenes in S5 in the edit, and then sometime after all of S5 is out they'll announce the recasting for S6 and beyond, so as not to put a damper on the new season.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Probably right about waiting to announce. I don't know how they would minimize his role, they'd finished filming before it all came out and book 5 is the big one for Alex. Unless they already changed his storyline a lot for the TV version he's going to be doing a lot this season.

I know they changed it some, since some of what Bobbie was doing in S4 was Alex's book 5 storyline.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

They had one picture of him looking chastened / deeply worried, which is reasonable under the circumstances.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Also makes more room for motha phuckin Fred Johnson

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Drummer, join the roci

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Madurai posted:

I am hype as gently caress for Amos and Peaches in the wasteland

pretended i quoted this about 500 times

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
More Bobby and more Drummer make me happy. Bobby doing the Captain America thing with two spaceships, but looks like she'll be hanging out with Alex so, ugh

Excited to see more of Earth outside the corridors of power though.

But during the trailer did someone say Naomi's son was a spy within the Free Navy?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Belters stole the one weird asteroid attack trick from the starship troopers bugs.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I've watched the trailer 3 times now, it's gonna be so good.
Also look forward to figuring out where dystopian baltimore was filmed in toronto

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Will this be all released December 16 or is it gonna get The Boys weekly treatment?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Will this be all released December 16 or is it gonna get The Boys weekly treatment?

I believe it's 3 episodes on drop day then weekly. Which should allow for some fun thread discussions on each episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually think that might be my preferred method. Give us a 3 episode arc on day one then one an week.

Pretty sure cabbagetown already looks like dystopian Baltimore.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

twistedmentat posted:

dystopian Baltimore.

A lot of you are being redundant.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

etalian posted:

Belters stole the one weird asteroid attack trick from the starship troopers bugs.

buenos aires was an inside job

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

But during the trailer did someone say Naomi's son was a spy within the Free Navy?

Fred Johnson says "we have an OPA informant" and then it cuts to him showing Naomi a picture of Filip saying "this is your son". I interpreted that as the informant being someone else who provided Fred with Filip's location

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

MA-Horus posted:

I've watched the trailer 3 times now, it's gonna be so good.
Also look forward to figuring out where dystopian baltimore was filmed in toronto

Why are you doing this :stare:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
What book are we on? Or are we off the rails from the source material, don't spoiler me.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

MoaM posted:

What book are we on? Or are we off the rails from the source material, don't spoiler me.

We're on book five, more or less. Season four pulled in a bit of material from book five already, but otherwise we're more or less synced up at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Mambo no. 5