Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I did kingsbane for the brawl, thinking the minions don’t matter much, so having them swap would be okay. It worked out first try to get the pack. The only thing that went weird is that while battlecrys do go off (so you can get the weapon, etc), if a pirate switches to something else it wont trigger patches. And I assume the pirate-from-hand also wouldn’t come out either, but I didn't draw it this time. However if something turns into a pirate, then patches pops out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!
Only related as far as patches goes, but I think he deserves a battlecry: gain charge, as a consolation prize if he ends up in your hand.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017
Tried to get cute with Teron Gorefiend in the brawl, but his own deathrattle doesn't re-summon... anything. I did have a Tess Greymane on board (after his battlecry) and played broomstick after, so it still worked out. Played warlock and spammed a bunch of 0 and 1 cost minions mostly.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 7, 2020

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Brawl is pretty dull, it's the play cheap battlecries/0 mana minions show zzz

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Played a zoo druid thing and had an interesting interaction after one of my minions turned into Magic Carpet: it applies the +1 attack and rush AFTER your 1-cost minions transform, so your evolved minions get the buff. Seems wrong but it helped me out!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Is there a HearthArena type site for Battlegrounds I can use to track stats in more detail than the lovely in game resource?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
I’m just glad i was able to be one and done with this brawl by top decking savage roar on an empty hand after my opponent got a bunch of stargazer Luna refills

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Looten Plunder posted:

Is there a HearthArena type site for Battlegrounds I can use to track stats in more detail than the lovely in game resource?

I think HSReplay has a thing

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Looten Plunder posted:

I use Boonwins plugin for HDT, because it lets me auto export to Google Sheets in addition to a web dashboard. But there are a few others.

The HSReplay direct one is the paid subscription.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Cool route for the brawl is that when your minions die and revert to the original version it counts for thr hunter vault quest. Got 20/20 minions and quest completed by turn 7.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
One thing that makes me feel bad is the Un'Goro Mage Quest. I've always been a fan of time travel and while I missed the original Time Walk in M:tG, I did cherish my copy of Time Warp from later on. Originally it seemed more balanced in HS, something you had to work for instead of being able to include up 4 of in your deck, but it seems to be abusable. I wish there was a way to implement it for Mage without having it be painful to play against.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Boy it sure is fun in battlegrounds to have a decent setup going then you battle the guy who highrolled and you take 25 damage and die. They really need to cap the amount of damage you can take in one round.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i was gonna make some dumb joke but minions not being able to contribute more stars than the tier you are at would be a decent change

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I'd actually like to see not taking damage for the Hero tier. Like if you kill all their minions but leave 1 health on one minion, I feel like you shouldn't lose what could be as much as 12 health.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It sucks to get wrecked out of nowhere, but also some of those changes would make the game take much longer to win. Big reason I stick with BG over the DOTA or TFT versions is the length of the game.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The biggest offender was rat pack but I think it's fine at 3*. Then there's also Boat and Coiler to a smaller extent but those are 6* so it seems fine to me.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
played 3 BGs today, one ended at turn eleven, the other two hit 17+. was crazy! almost assembled the ol' baron/selfless/poison to beat jandice but missed it

not had games as long as that in forever. the t11 ones happen a little more often, usually if i get an early nomi (which means i don't get huge eles, cmon man)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fenarisk posted:

A good start would be allowing Kayn to only let either minions or the hero ignore taunts, not both. Also it shouldn't have charge on top of all that.

Really it should just be HoF though. It wouldn't even be so bad if it wasn't a DH card.

It used to be a permenant battlecry, though only for your hero.

I don't think he's too bad though.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol I decided to play as stitches because hero powers are boring. lets leverage this hp as much as actually possible! first turn bought the tier pirate and didn't play, second turn upgrade third turn upgrade, fourth i bought a shifter zerus. it turned into a nomi on fifth turn. that uh... got crazy pretty fast. I finished with the tier 2 2/3 taunt ele being 43/99.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

kater posted:

lol I decided to play as stitches because hero powers are boring. lets leverage this hp as much as actually possible! first turn bought the tier pirate and didn't play, second turn upgrade third turn upgrade, fourth i bought a shifter zerus. it turned into a nomi on fifth turn. that uh... got crazy pretty fast. I finished with the tier 2 2/3 taunt ele being 43/99.
The high roll of high rolls!

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I almost lost this game *several* times before I finally won because the lag from the elemental upgrades prevented me from freezing a triple, buying a triple, discovering from a triple, playing half my hand, and ending turns a minion down.

But then I won because I rolled an insane amount of the “add an elemental to your hand” “add an elemental to the tavern” and “add a minion from your opponent cards with Brann.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Did pogo hopper get removed from BG? I haven't seen a patch note for it but every time I play Jandice with mechs it never shows up.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Did pogo hopper get removed from BG? I haven't seen a patch note for it but every time I play Jandice with mechs it never shows up.

He did not. Also goddamn, elementals are overpowered as hell. They're a million times stronger than demons could ever hope to be, and demons you have to sacrifice your HP to get that power AND they have more synergy together than murlocs, which is the whole point of murlocs. Only poison beats them, and poison doesn't really matter when they have divine shields, megawindfury and splash damage

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
First 12 in a while :toot:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Can anyone recommend a fun Wild Mage deck?

Edit: Hunter and Druid too.

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 10, 2020

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Highlander mage has been one of my favorites for a long time. You can go with dragons, Nzoth, Brann and some other variations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Secret Mage is an old reliable that’s also dirt cheap, though the one must-have legendary is only any good in it.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Secret Mage is good although I'm not sure I would say fun. But in terms of ladder speed to say Diamond 5, its probably the best mage deck.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Speaking of wild, I have to take back my reservations about Archwitch Willow working in Cubelock. Being able to drop down both a Voidlord/Dreadlord and Mal'ganis in a clench for longer matches has proven useful more often than not. Its definitely not a must include or something to actually craft, but its actually a pretty useful addition.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Speaking of wild, I have to take back my reservations about Archwitch Willow working in Cubelock. Being able to drop down both a Voidlord/Dreadlord and Mal'ganis in a clench for longer matches has proven useful more often than not. Its definitely not a must include or something to actually craft, but its actually a pretty useful addition.

Do you have a decklist guide with her? She was my free legendary from the hallow's end bundle.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

also speaking of wild, just hit legend with Reno priest. Last push at a 2/3 win rate

### cloning device reno
# Class: Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) Cloning Device
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Pen Flinger
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Renew
# 1x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Novice Engineer
# 1x (2) Penance
# 1x (2) Seance
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (2) Zephrys the Great
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Lorekeeper Polkelt
# 1x (4) Spawn of Shadows
# 1x (5) Mass Hysteria
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
#
AAEBAaCsAx77AZcCnALtBdMK1wryDPsM9xPDFoO7ArW7Ati7AtHBAt/EAvDPAujQApDTAvf8ApeHA+aIA/yjA5mpA/KsA5O6A5/NA8vNA9fOA/vRA/bWAwAA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

And I still don't really know how best to play Illucia. Used it well a couple of times, but a lot of time it just sat in my hand since I wasn't sure if it was a good time to play it or not.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Do you have a decklist guide with her? She was my free legendary from the hallow's end bundle.

This is my current main build, but you can sub out the Albatross' for Doomguards, and I've also seen builds with the broomstick.

### intelligent qube
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Expired Merchant
# 1x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (4) Bad Luck Albatross
# 2x (4) Voidcaller
# 2x (5) Carnivorous Cube
# 2x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 1x (5) Skull of the Man'ari
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (8) Archwitch Willow
# 2x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (9) Mal'Ganis
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
# 1x (10) N'Zoth, the Corruptor
#
AAEBAfqUAwjCD+CsApfTAtvpAqCAA/2kA+usA/TOAwuTBNwGjg7exALnywLy0AKL4QLo5wKdqQP9sAPEuQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: Spiritsinger Umbra is a great greedy add, and Kanrethad can aid in turn 3 Voidcallers, but you really don't want to cheat out the Prime. Take the Albatross' out completely if you're not running into Reno matchups. I've had good luck running an EVIL conscripter as another Cube trigger. Khartut Defenders are good and can add to the N'Zoth pool. Expired Merchant is almost exclusively to get two DK triggers against other control decks.

I edit this deck a lot, but the general Cubelock shell is my main wild deck and I'm generally hanging around Diamond 1-5. Feel free to ask any general questions about piloting and building.

Willow is a good legend for a niche Cubelock player and some builds of Renolock. Unless there is some crazy big warlock demon tech coming in the next year that will probably be where she stays, so if that's not your thing she's a safe dust.

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Oct 12, 2020

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Pardot posted:

And I still don't really know how best to play Illucia. Used it well a couple of times, but a lot of time it just sat in my hand since I wasn't sure if it was a good time to play it or not.

Grats on legend! It's harder to pull off than people make it sound. But it's great when it works. Feeding bomb warriors their own bombs or stealing a mage's timewarp. Although a good mage will be sure not to let it sit in hand.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Desert Bus posted:

9-5 now. Just dropped two Ragnaros and a Blazecaller on someone on turn 7 thanks to Electra Stormsurge/Elementary Reaction giving me two Ragnaros and two Grumble allowing a ridiculous Fire Plume Harbinger/Murmuring Elemental/double Grumble World Shaker combo. Thaurissian was a good add but the quest seems too slow. Dropping it and the last Fire Elemental for two Witch's Apprentice to help out the early game which is where I usually lose and assist the Marshspawn.

### WildElemental
# Class: Shaman
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Witch's Apprentice
# 2x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 2x (2) Fire Plume Harbinger
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 2x (2) Murmuring Elemental
# 2x (3) Bog Slosher
# 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Marshspawn
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (6) Emperor Thaurissan
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 2x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (8) Al'Akir the Windlord
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 1x (8) Ragnaros the Firelord
#
AAEBAZu1AwYg9gLWEfPCAqvnApn7AgyyBpPBAuvCAsLDAsjHAuDqApbvArDwArP3AoqAA4uFA5i5AwA=
#

This is necromancy but I saved this deck because I haven't played much and only getting around to it now. 0-6, how are you winning matches of Hearthstone with this? I really liked the archetype in Standard but I just cannot get it to work.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23537436/18-4-2-patch-notes

battlegrounds patch coming soon. Rag severely nerfed, Maiev slightly nerfed, Sindragosa, Chenvaala, Mukla and Patchwerk (lol) buffed, Bartendotron removed. Some minions moved up and down in tavern tiers, incl. Lil' Rag to tier 6 and Djinni to tier 5, and some stat changes

edit: oh and pogo and whirlwind tempest removed

peer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 13, 2020

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pro tip: For the Misha encounter in the new Book of Heroes, you have to kill the trap. I misplayed it the first time around because I thought it was Rexxar trapping Mishra (I didn't pay too close attention to the pre-battle chatter, maybe it was explained there?) and it was a rush to down her before she downed me.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

peer posted:

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23537436/18-4-2-patch-notes

battlegrounds patch coming soon. Rag severely nerfed, Maiev slightly nerfed, Sindragosa, Chenvaala, Mukla and Patchwerk (lol) buffed, Bartendotron removed. Some minions moved up and down in tavern tiers, incl. Lil' Rag to tier 6 and Djinni to tier 5, and some stat changes

edit: oh and pogo and whirlwind tempest removed

gotta balance rag now that the non-pass scrubs have him

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Whirlwind Tempest??? What a weird choice.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

yikes! posted:

gotta balance rag now that the non-pass scrubs have him

Rag wasn't a new hero, it was re-worked and re-released, everyone pass or not had access to Rag from the start.

peer posted:

Patchwerk (lol) buffed

55 Health was the exact buff I suggested months ago. It was straightforward: 60 was OP, 50 was garbage, just do 55. But in today's meta 60 may be fair and 55 too low, we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I don’t understand the Majordomo change, does it do anything different or is it just wording?