Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Rick posted:

I don't think you beat a team with Giannis or punk the team with arguably the regular bubble season MVP in TJ Warren, or the most "modern game" rear end team in the east if you are just gonna roll over so I expect a war tomorrow and will not be shocked if Miami wins. This isn't over yet.

Playoff Buckets game incoming. He’s been dribbling in the hotel room since 2AM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

YUCK

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Cursed images thread is in GBS bucko

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Irrelevant magazine gassing up irrelevant Twitter guy

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Who are the people who don't say something when they speak?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Who are the people who don't say something when they speak?

Most coaches, hockey and football players, fluxus poets, politicians , my dad, etc.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

BIZORT posted:

The Professor has covid now. Just got over blowing out his achilles. Not a great year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZW0Tj0eCE

My godson 😨

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1314588201542053900

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

I don't think you beat a team with Giannis or punk the team with arguably the regular bubble season MVP in TJ Warren, or the most "modern game" rear end team in the east if you are just gonna roll over so I expect a war tomorrow and will not be shocked if Miami wins. This isn't over yet.

The Lakers will win and this beer I bought will not be drunk in vain

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/MettaWorld37/status/1314600460884426752?s=19

Inside the NBA should have Metta off screen scowling at Chuck every time he starts to talk

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Coming from the guy who launched a full body elbow at Harden's head I think he knows what he's talking about.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Literally saw a man impaled to death with a table leg at a pickup game.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1314574453855137794?s=21

Just in time!!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Re: Low Finals Ratings

Chuds are blaming the politics but I have noticed thread posts are way down and posts and ratings seem a bit correlated (some people have done work to track this in wrestle hut). Why are y’all not watching?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Too busy watching president die

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Chuds are blaming the politics but I have noticed thread posts are way down and posts and ratings seem a bit correlated (some people have done work to track this in wrestle hut). Why are y’all not watching?

Election, baseball playoffs, hockey playoffs, NFL, busy as poo poo with work

Ratings are down across the board for basically all sports except NFL

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
some people are less interested without fans / the game is out of season. people will tune in to the playoffs because nothing else is happening, but everything is happening

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Ratings are down across the board for basically all sports except NFL

Those are apparently down too, just at a smaller percentage

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Also we're not spending all of our time mocking the poo poo out of KD and Draymond Green

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

fondling Bron’s balls all the time just ain’t the same

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Rick posted:

I’ve only been half heartedly following the finals after the Heat injuries in game 1 made me think the Lakers winning was inevitable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rick posted:

Because these finals have sucked and instead of being the only major sport on like it normally is it’s butting up against every sport at once

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Rick posted:

The finals started with half the heat getting hurt and they got put in a 0-2 hole so everything the heat does is now thru the lens of mercifully not being swept or whatever.

I'm not really a big playoffs guy either anyways, it's more fun to decide to tune into the bulls or whatever and obviously that doesn't happen when there's one game on tv.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Also I'm a football guy first and if it's running up against football like it did last Sunday I'm not watching. I assume most of America is like that too.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
LeBron isn't a draw.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

NFL is boring though

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Let me spend this Sunday watching 4 hours of penalties MMmmhmmm

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MelancholyMark posted:

I’ve only been half heartedly following the finals after the Heat injuries in game 1 made me think the Lakers winning was inevitable.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

de curry GOAT posted:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-much-football-is-even-in-a-football-broadcast/

quote:

The numbers are startling. An average NFL broadcast lasts well over three hours, yet it delivers a total of only 18 minutes of football action.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Henchman of Santa posted:

Because these finals have sucked and instead of being the only major sport on like it normally is it’s butting up against every sport at once

yeah these finals are only slightly worse than last year's which were a loving disaster

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

de curry GOAT posted:

I like the NBA more too but not sure the level of referee involvement is the argument you want to make for it.

The ratings dip for everything happened in 2016 too; as long as Trump is a thing election stuff is going to suck up a ton of attention. Throw in general pandemic malaise, lack of crowds, and the fact that all the major sports are happening at once rather than the NBA playoffs being the biggest thing happening in US sports like it usually is, and it's not that surprising that they're way down this year. Guys like Ethan Strauss trying to make it all about backlash to politcal stances that they personally do not like is one of the more shameless columnist grifts in a long time. Hope he gets that regular Tucker Carlson guest slot he is clearly dying for.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ammanas posted:

yeah these finals are only slightly worse than last year's which were a loving disaster

Those finals were compelling even as the Warriors fell apart, plus they had actual atmosphere and the narrative of Toronto getting their first chip/The Warriors dynasty falling

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Heat all died, and yeah football is around (for now).

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I didn't even think to associate chuds with the NBA dip. It's obviously because footballs on and America loves football. This is with a side slice that the Heat fell 0-2 and lost two big names. It's such a non issue but I guess people need talking points.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Rick posted:

I've been watching the finals but in general I have barely had my TV plugged in

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

Literally saw a man impaled to death with a table leg at a pickup game.

the craziest part of that story is that it is in no way embellished and happened basically the way mwp describes it

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

I didn't even think to associate chuds with the NBA dip. It's obviously because footballs on and America loves football. This is with a side slice that the Heat fell 0-2 and lost two big names. It's such a non issue but I guess people need talking points.

If chuds being mad at social messages were responsible for the drop, I’d think NHL wouldn’t have a comparable drop. I think you’re right and some people just need talking points.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I am astonished that ratings talk ever captures the attention of a normal fan. The NBA isn't at risk of like...losing TV contracts, who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Strauss in particular has blamed like a half-dozen different things for dropping ratings over the years. People are just watching TV less in general