Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
no mostly it was your incessant support for the Astros that did that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

it's a heavy lift, but i'm confidant in Spoeank's ability to be unbearably smug about an Astros championship despite their Giants fandom

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Julio Cruz posted:

no mostly it was your incessant support for the Astros that did that

Spoeank posted:

gently caress the
Dodgers, Yankees, Astros, Ryan Braun

Incessant you say

bawfuls posted:

i'm confidant in Spoeank's ability to be unbearably smug

turn on your monitor my man

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I for one can't believe a Giants fan would find joy in Dodgers misfortune

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Incessant you say

I mean that post was before you apparently adopted the Astros as your postseason team, so yeah I'd say "incessant" fits pretty well

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

who's surprised?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

who's surprised?

Probably the guy who thinks Spo really likes the Astros and doesn't just want to lol at the Dodgers forever

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Julio Cruz has been posting in SAS for years so I somehow doubt they earnestly thought Spoeank is a Houston fan, as opposed to a troll enjoying the Houston bandwagon a bit too much.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eh probably fair

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Instead of this circle jerk we should be laughing about the Padres using 11 pitchers to give up 12 runs last night

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

It's shocking! I love the Astros now! They are the best team ever and I'm glad they cheated and got away with it!!! Jose Altuve and Carlos Correa are my best friends in the world!!!

bawfuls posted:

Julio Cruz has been posting in SAS for years so I somehow doubt they earnestly thought Spoeank is a Houston fan, as opposed to a troll enjoying the Houston bandwagon a bit too much.

George Springer backwards is Ssory Clayton

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

After the Bauer poo poo in the playoffs, a lot of Braves fans were on Twitter begging him to come here iirc. Not convinced those arent the dudes alts, but also I know very well that I should always be disappointed and expect the worst from other Braves fans.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bauer constantly talked about year to year free agency being the best avenue to getting paid, but I think we're seeing the real reason he wants year to year free agency

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

Bauer constantly talked about year to year free agency being the best avenue to getting paid, but I think we're seeing the real reason he wants year to year free agency

To be arbitrarily different and unique so people talk about him more?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well maybe that too but I meant so he can have people telling him how much they want him every offseason

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

bawfuls posted:

we should wildly speculate about the integrity of any offensive success they have at this point

:hai:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bawfuls posted:

if Spoeank actually was a Houston fan I'd be cutting them some slack since, y'know, it's pretty loving hard to not support your team even when they do lovely things and/or employ lovely people

but jumping on the "lol I hope they win because it'll be funny/make people angry" bandwagon just makes you sound like a shithead imo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

blossommirage posted:

After the Bauer poo poo in the playoffs, a lot of Braves fans were on Twitter begging him to come here iirc. Not convinced those arent the dudes alts, but also I know very well that I should always be disappointed and expect the worst from other Braves fans.

Bauer would be a natural fit for AA's signing strategies, I think the only good thing about him being on fire this year is he probably priced himself out of the Braves' budget.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

Dear Baseball Goons,

I'm glad everything is ok so far and my fingers are crossed for you and your family

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spoeank posted:

It's shocking! I love the Astros now! They are the best team ever and I'm glad they cheated and got away with it!!! Jose Altuve and Carlos Correa are my best friends in the world!!!

Guys I swear I'm not Spoeank's alt account.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
I largely think Bauer is an idiot and his whole gimmick is essentially "U mad, bro??" personified but I do appreciate him being vocal on the kids having fun stuff even if its not in good faith because it helps normalize kids having fun while stigmatizing headhunting/unwritten rules and thats a thing baseball needs more of.

I also thought him throwing the ball over the fence was legitimately funny because it was so drat petulant.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

It’s really too bad giants fans have so much free time this offseason, during an even year too no less. You hate to see it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So if anyone's been holding off on buying a new av

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Lowtax about to make a few hunded bucks off people believing him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jeffrey had already said he had all the logins and it was just a signature away from being a done deal

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
I like the dodgers, but I rarely ever post in SAS.

love to hear my co-workers who are also ostensibly dodgers fans say stuff like "Kenley keeps pulling that poo poo after his tommy johns" after game 2 and I just don't know where to start

sorry, when i say like the dodgers, i mean that I have been living in constant pain since I was 2 years old in 1988

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Intruder posted:

So if anyone's been holding off on buying a new av

If there's one source I feel I can trust, it's Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

bawfuls I may be a smug, lifelong astros fan who actually came up with the idea to bang the trash cans, but the av cert link is down for whatever reason right now. I didn't forget about it and I'll get it for you asap (and when jeffrey gives us confirmation) :wink:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

boroda posted:

love to hear my co-workers who are also ostensibly dodgers fans say stuff like "Kenley keeps pulling that poo poo after his tommy johns" after game 2 and I just don't know where to start

One thing I do enjoy about living in LA is that Dodgers fans seem to hate the Dodgers and poo poo on Kershaw almost as much as Giants fans do lol.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Ammat The Ankh posted:

One thing I do enjoy about living in LA is that Dodgers fans seem to hate the Dodgers and poo poo on Kershaw almost as much as Giants fans do lol.

too true. It's a Lakers town for sure. My heart aches for clayton. His mortality makes me love him even more. Still, please no more relief appearances, unless there is another loving 18 inning game, then i guess maybe still no.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
i hope there's a braves-rays world series so we can have "hello mr freeman" jokes

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Tweezer Reprise posted:

i hope there's a braves-rays world series so we can have "hello mr freeman" jokes

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

bawfuls I may be a smug, lifelong astros fan who actually came up with the idea to bang the trash cans, but the av cert link is down for whatever reason right now. I didn't forget about it and I'll get it for you asap (and when jeffrey gives us confirmation) :wink:
I'm gonna hold out till the Dodgers season ends so I can make a thematically appropriate choice :thumbsup:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Jesus Christ, if the Astros make it to the Series despite having an under .500 record I don't know what I'll do. Please stop them! I'll even root for the Yankees to make sure it happens!

God, if you let the Astros lose the next series, I promise I'll go to church once the Pandemic is over.

As a former Astros fan I don't know how the fans of that team can take it. An under .500 record and still making it to the playoffs. It's utterly shameful and I'm embarrassed for my old team. Shameful. Can you imagine that rear end in a top hat hack Carlos Correa talking poo poo with a record like that? It's gonna happen. Please humble those fucks.

bawfuls posted:

I'm gonna hold out till the Dodgers season ends so I can make a thematically appropriate choice :thumbsup:

I'm rooting for the Dodgers to take it, Bawfuls!

Jupiter Jazz fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 10, 2020

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Braves-Dodgers at 8 E/7 C Monday

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Braves-Dodgers at 7 Monday

I'm rooting for the Dodgers. I truly hate the Braves but if it ends up coming down to the Braves and Astros I gotta go for Braves.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't have anything against him or the dodgers but i am rooting for a disastrous clayton kershaw melt down because at this point to me it is funny

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Dodgers pitching is deep enough that there should never be a reason to leave him in long enough to melt down for like 5+ runs, but Dave is full of surprises

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Dodgers pitching is deep enough that there should never be a reason to leave him in long enough to melt down for like 5+ runs, but Dave is full of surprises

when he unnecessarily put him in last year just to serve up the Tragic Homers i was cackling in shock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't have anything against him or the dodgers but i am rooting for a disastrous clayton kershaw melt down because at this point to me it is funny

this is fair. I just start mentally beating my head against a wall and praying to the gods that they are all solo home runs instead of grand slams please make it stop