Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
most helpful would be if its sub rosa because that would like, actually make me reevaluate things. sub rosa are you the confirmed mason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I tried to visit my friend RF last night and I was rudely prevented from doing so

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

sub rosa are you the confirmed mason?

No.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aw damnit, here we go again

##vote sub rosa

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Pretty sure q res is the confirmed mason.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Amnistar posted:

Pretty sure q res is the confirmed mason.

I have reason to believe they are not.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

I have reason to believe they are not.

oh cool. thanks ;)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
u should join me in getting scum rosa out

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

oh cool. thanks ;)

No problem.

?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:wink:

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Mr. Steak posted:

wow that... changes nothing.

anyway who was masons with sandwolf so we can cross u off the list? we still have amni, somehow, so it'd be nice to be working with 2 confirmed towns. so come on, out with it

I am mason with Sandwolf. We discussed early reads, and vote strategy for day 1.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

u should join me in getting scum rosa out

If you give me a case on them I just might. :V

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maigius posted:

I am mason with Sandwolf. We discussed early reads, and vote strategy for day 1.

oh. uhh cool thanks. :)

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

aw damnit, here we go again

##vote sub rosa

Yeah, okay.

##vote steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

If you give me a case on them I just might. :V

the fact that people suddenly got real excited to vote epsilon when i started arguing with sub rosa isnt enough...? i mean come on that was obviously manipulated by scum to avoid a rosa vote gaining traction.

which... now that i look at the vote logs... makes you look particularly bad. hrrmm maybe i should be having this discussion with somebody else

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yami and RF look the worst if we assume rosa is scum. possibly thats the team right there

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

I specifically said that I would prefer to vote subrosa over Epsilon, lol. I can't help the deadlines being horrid for me and EP was looking like a likelier lunch at the time. I don't want my vote to be wasted.

Either way, I just wanted to hear your reasoning.

##vote Sub Rosa

You are right though, the EP votes are worth looking at.

In fact, I'mma do it right now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

One thing I've been thinking about during night phase is Humalong.

This is largely a meta case but I felt like they are acting unusually aggressive this game with a lot of snipes in their post history.

I felt the same way during Castle mafia where they ended up being scum.

It's not really anything actionable but I was wondering if anyone else feels the same?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got meta pings of a similarly meta nature w the whole "why would you breadcrumb" thing yesterday

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hmm... I've gotten at least cursory reads on the people from the EP lunch and the only one I can really see is sub rosa out of that bunch. Not seeing RF.

But honestly none of my reads are strong reads currently, I kind of arrived at the stage of second guessing my reads and then second guessing my second guesses....

I'm even starting to think that Steak pinging my scumdar so much comes from... well, him being Steak.

:negative:

Maybe I just need to sleep on it and come back to it tomorrow.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Yami Fenrir posted:

One thing I've been thinking about during night phase is Humalong.

This is largely a meta case but I felt like they are acting unusually aggressive this game with a lot of snipes in their post history.

I felt the same way during Castle mafia where they ended up being scum.

It's not really anything actionable but I was wondering if anyone else feels the same?

Yeah, I've been wondering about Hum since the NK was posted. Tommu is the only one who threw any real shade Hum's way, roleblocked him and tried to make a late push on him before securing the hammer on Epsi. Now Tommu's dead.

Also Maig, if you were the confirmed Mason why the hell have you been such a non-entity this game?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Also Hum's defense was that Tommu was a scum roleblocker, who blocked a (potential) cop and then advertised that in the thread. I guess that jives with Tommu's description (some investigations will make you look anti-town), but does that make sense to anyone?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Q_res posted:

Yeah, I've been wondering about Hum since the NK was posted. Tommu is the only one who threw any real shade Hum's way, roleblocked him and tried to make a late push on him before securing the hammer on Epsi. Now Tommu's dead.

Also Maig, if you were the confirmed Mason why the hell have you been such a non-entity this game?

This week's been busy for me, I know I'll not be available for most of Sunday.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm... I've gotten at least cursory reads on the people from the EP lunch and the only one I can really see is sub rosa out of that bunch. Not seeing RF.

But honestly none of my reads are strong reads currently, I kind of arrived at the stage of second guessing my reads and then second guessing my second guesses....

I'm even starting to think that Steak pinging my scumdar so much comes from... well, him being Steak.

:negative:

Maybe I just need to sleep on it and come back to it tomorrow.

Hmmm this post feels sorta bad to me

I also need to check what RF said yesterday, I think he said if Ep flips towns he’d feel better about sub Rosa which sorta feels like he knew what was coming and this would let him back off SR today

Unless I’m remembering wrong

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hmm... I've gotten at least cursory reads on the people from the EP lunch and the only one I can really see is sub rosa out of that bunch.
???

So of the people who voted to lunch someone who flipped town, the only person you find scummy is someone who didn't vote for them?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hal Incandenza posted:

I also need to check what RF said yesterday, I think he said if Ep flips towns he’d feel better about sub Rosa which sorta feels like he knew what was coming and this would let him back off SR today

Hi Hal, who scum?

All of the people you were sus of appear to be dead

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Q_res posted:

i dont think this makes as much sense as you think it does. you could just as easily say tommu would be kept alive because a claimed roleblocker is easy to get lunched. just because a person has suspicion on *one* member of scum doesnt mean they'll kill for that.

so i dont think the "this nk was suspicious of x y and z" stuff is much help at all tbh

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sub Rosa posted:

???

So of the people who voted to lunch someone who flipped town, the only person you find scummy is someone who didn't vote for them?

wait that wasn't you?

Let me check.

(why tf is there no VF post for the flip, makes everything more difficult)

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##unvote

How the hell did I mix this up?

It's Retro Futurist I was thinking of, not Sub Rosa.

There's some early things like the self conscious-looking posts Amni posted out regarding the turbo (around this area:)

Retro Futurist posted:

I am always willing to participate in a turbo regardless of alignment, but there are rules.

Followed with a lot of opportunistic snipes at various people.

This post in particular bothered me:

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote epsilon

Just did a quick read to confirm but this is where I was leaning yesterday. Ep keeps making the same kinds of posts I make as scum, and in retrospect dropping the PR looks like a self conscious move after it starts getting some heat.

Day 1, they dismissed EP's fake PR almost instantly as yet another jokephase thing but then suddenly they're leaning scum on them?

Retro Futurist posted:

Ok I had no problem with the PR but between that last post and this one ep is making my nose twitch something fierce. You’re willing to clear sng based in meta, but in the same post you say you don’t know what their scum meta is like?

Retro Futurist posted:

I think ep is scum as well and I think he's attempting a last minute rush on db to save sng

Idk, it's 11 pm here and I've been up for way too long so maybe I'm going loopy but the switch seemed a bit sudden to me.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

##vote Retro Futurist for now.

Will revisit this when my brain actually works again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hi Hal, who scum?

All of the people you were sus of appear to be dead

Well thats not true, sub rosa is alive, I then said your post seems scummy to me and that I didn't like the way RF looks post EP flip, so there are 3 people I am thinking may be scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yami Fenrir posted:

Day 1, they dismissed EP's fake PR almost instantly as yet another jokephase thing but then suddenly they're leaning scum on them?

That’s what retrospect means

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

It’s just that my read on sub Rosa was primarily based around them protecting Ep, which obviously wasn’t the case. If someone wants to make a more detailed case on Rosa for other stuff I’ll read it. There was some stuff around the original amni lynch but I don’t think it’s enough to call them scum imo

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

You know how I said that one of E+ and RF was suspicious, yesterday? This still applies. With E+ confirmed to be town, I will take a closer look at RF.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

##vote Retro Futurist for now.

Will revisit this when my brain actually works again.

im confused. you specifically said you looked at RF's vote in the post where you voted sub rosa. so what did you mix up?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: one of the posts after u voted, but still

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well thats not true, sub rosa is alive, I then said your post seems scummy to me and that I didn't like the way RF looks post EP flip, so there are 3 people I am thinking may be scum

oh hey! you have the exact same 3 as me

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tried to visit my friend RF last night and I was rudely prevented from doing so

Nothing on my end, Tommu probably targeted you

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

Well going into today I was really leaning towards Maigius, but given their uncontested Mason claim I can't see them as anything but confirmed Town right now.

I'm really not sure where to look today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Went back to check and sandwolf and magrius don't mention each other at any point.
It would be insanely ballsy to try and fake claim it at this stage and nobody countered, so I can't imagine it's fake though so I guess that's that.