Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I downloaded a Kenji video and the thumbnail on my phone is disturbing

Edit: deleted this because it became a very annoying snipe even for me

xtal fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Oct 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Chef John's lost his drat mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apDsAxKMgWY

you ate my cat
Jul 1, 2007

I mean, he has a history of making gross looking halloween foods, but drat.

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKsJC1nuqVo

These are getting better.

Looks like they are figuring out the format.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I just remembered this and had a good hearty lol at how badly the BA brand got torched.

They had a great deal going, millions of views each video, big shows that were bringing eyeballs on to the magazine, a large ensemble of on screen talent that people liked. Now one of their two cash cows is out, half of their on screen talent openly refuses to do video, their name is wrapped up in racism scandals and poor treatment of employees, and they haven't released a video in 4 months. All they had to do was treat the employees nicer and they could keep bringing in the money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ahaha this video is hilarious and those things look repulsive.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

piratepilates posted:

I just remembered this and had a good hearty lol at how badly the BA brand got torched.

They had a great deal going, millions of views each video, big shows that were bringing eyeballs on to the magazine, a large ensemble of on screen talent that people liked. Now one of their two cash cows is out, half of their on screen talent openly refuses to do video, their name is wrapped up in racism scandals and poor treatment of employees, and they haven't released a video in 4 months. All they had to do was treat the employees nicer and they could keep bringing in the money.

it's like when pesky employees try to unionize at certain locations and the franchise just says "welp we're closing that location instead of dealing with you."

CN has apparently concluded that it's better to blow up the entire thing and cost the company literally millions than to increase your payroll by like, a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and admit they hosed up lol

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

eke out posted:

it's like when pesky employees try to unionize at certain locations and the franchise just says "welp we're closing that location instead of dealing with you."

CN has apparently concluded that it's better to blow up the entire thing and cost the company literally millions than to increase your payroll by like, a couple hundred thousand dollars a year and admit they hosed up lol

I mean they didn't even need to reach this point, if they gave like a single PoC employee a CNE deal and didn't have a racist eye towards articles for the magazine, there likely wouldn't have been this whole firestorm. This was all preventable.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

piratepilates posted:

I mean they didn't even need to reach this point, if they gave like a single PoC employee a CNE deal and didn't have a racist eye towards articles for the magazine, there likely wouldn't have been this whole firestorm. This was all preventable.

It's only preventable if you think as BA as its own thing but if CNE had to apply it to every line of business it was not preventable at all

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I would not be remotely shocked if Claire never did anything public-facing for work again.

Also Sohla's new show is great, she's completely unhinged when it comes to throwing poo poo at the wall

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

kidcoelacanth posted:

I would not be remotely shocked if Claire never did anything public-facing for work again.

Also Sohla's new show is great, she's completely unhinged when it comes to throwing poo poo at the wall

Speaking of Sohla, new episode is up!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

kidcoelacanth posted:

You're almost certainly right, but if I'm her agent/publicist/publisher, I'm absolutely s c r e a m i n g at her to start her own YouTube channel. She's emerged from this shitshow pretty much unscathed, and having a following/platform like that? That's worth gold.

I mean, even if she's uninterested in being a YouTube darling, she probably wants to sell her cookbooks in order to be able to, I don't know, eat and have shelter.

Trabant fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 10, 2020

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

Speaking of Sohla, new episode is up!

LOL at Sohla making the challenge even more difficult so she could be even more unhinged with the recipes.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

.Z. posted:

LOL at Sohla making the challenge even more difficult so she could be even more unhinged with the recipes.

Yeah, her just tying one hand behind her back for giggles is a lot of fun

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

You are after all, the Mama Cass of eating rear end.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You are after all, the Mama Cass of eating rear end.

gently caress, that's one hell of a username

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I really like how two of these Sohla/Babish videos stuff just doesn't taste good. It's very much Sohla just loving around and it'd be a little disingenuous if everything worked perfectly. That was actually one thing I didn't like about Claire's stuff, everything worked out, every time. Even when it didn't work out it tasted good.

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
This is Hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skUl0P7_Nsg

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Grem posted:

I really like how two of these Sohla/Babish videos stuff just doesn't taste good. It's very much Sohla just loving around and it'd be a little disingenuous if everything worked perfectly. That was actually one thing I didn't like about Claire's stuff, everything worked out, every time. Even when it didn't work out it tasted good.

Benefit of making sweets is even when it's not perfect, you're still making a vehicle for butter & sugar.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Oh that is a good one.

"I am happy yet also dead inside." That's why you eat the hot food, Mike. To feel things.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The World Inferno posted:

Benefit of making sweets is even when it's not perfect, you're still making a vehicle for butter & sugar.

Same goes for lasagna. Paris Hilton's recipe looks so bad but it's just a poo poo ton of ricotta cheese and tomato sauce going in your mouth so who is going to complain.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Priya cooked bow pasta like tteokbokki and that looks pretty drat good.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's a really good idea. I think ttekbokki is usually too chewy so something like gnocchi or bow tie pasta would be a good replacement.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

"You are the miss Jackson, if you're nasty, of your Cornish pasty."
- Chef John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsZCkBH7v2k&t=281s

how can someone hate this man.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Since not everyone uses the Subscribe feature on YouTube, I'll just post Motz as his videos go up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aHgoow2_yE

I'm a fan of the thin & crispy patties, but that looks righteous.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Trabant posted:

Since not everyone uses the Subscribe feature on YouTube, I'll just post Motz as his videos go up:

I've been having a deep dirty unspeakable desire for a patty melt for going on like 6 weeks.
This isn't helping.

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

Sohla has another video series for Food52! Is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsJilIaFio

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Sohla could get another side gig as the next Will It Blend spokesperson

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

God drat, George Motz is a good host. I'm definitely going to make a couple of those this week. It's like a gyudon patty melt.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Trabant posted:

Please hide the videos in spoiler tags next time, I’m stuck in a waiting room and am unfathomably hungry now.

Patty melts are the best burger on Whataburgers menu (second to the honey butter chicken biscuit for the best menu item).

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Seluin posted:

Sohla has another video series for Food52! Is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PsJilIaFio

Ah that's some good stuff. I'm so happy things are going good for Sohla and we get to see her in the spotlight. BA is dead, long live Sohla.

edit:

what the hell, and Kenji just released a video on cooking paella :thunk:, odd timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASP74I0B7zo

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 12, 2020

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Taking Friday off with nowhere to go due to covid. Anyone have a favorite Chef John recipe? Planning on copying his cadence while cooking and driving my wife crazy.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

Taking Friday off with nowhere to go due to covid. Anyone have a favorite Chef John recipe? Planning on copying his cadence while cooking and driving my wife crazy.

I'm immediately ignoring the premise of your post by not going with a Chef John recipe, but I made Rick's chili colorado yesterday and it was loving amazing. Takes time*, but it's pretty simple in terms of ingredients if you can get the chiles. I made instant pot black beans and mexican rice while it was simmering.

So just pretend you're Chef John while cooking it? "Aaand now Iiii'm deseeding the chiles."

*Like I planned for 3 hours. Ended up being 4, but I also did 3.5 lbs of meat instead of 2.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I make Chef John's almond flour pancakes a few times a month. I add lemon zest and chocolate chips and it's really good.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Fartington Butts posted:

I'm immediately ignoring the premise of your post by not going with a Chef John recipe, but I made Rick's chili colorado yesterday and it was loving amazing. Takes time*, but it's pretty simple in terms of ingredients if you can get the chiles. I made instant pot black beans and mexican rice while it was simmering.

So just pretend you're Chef John while cooking it? "Aaand now Iiii'm deseeding the chiles."

*Like I planned for 3 hours. Ended up being 4, but I also did 3.5 lbs of meat instead of 2.

Hell yeah. I might use beef since we’ve had lots of pork recently, but this looks great. We made Rick’s Mexican rice for carnitas and it was delicious. Simmering a big batch of meat and a pot of charro beans is my wife’s love language.

Mu Zeta posted:

I make Chef John's almond flour pancakes a few times a month. I add lemon zest and chocolate chips and it's really good.

Pancakes would also make up for almost any annoying thing I could do. Chef John posted a banana bread pancake recipe that looked good as well...

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
Go old school with the meatloaf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1jz6hYxE8k

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Unrelated to Chef John, I started watching a bunch of these korean baking videos on youtube by "Cooking tree".

I have these in the oven now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Vdg2MgA5M

I tried this before but it didn't turn out well, but I think I just underbaked it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKG_g9B4fQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDsYheHNE1o

Everything they do looks beautiful

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

I've used Chef John's video on deboning a whole turkey several times, which takes a while and will give you plenty of opportunities to drive your wife batty.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

His Thomas Jefferson Mac and Cheese is a good one - I still get compliments about it after I made it for the holidays 2 years ago or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

BA has posted a new YouTube video. I'm not going to link it here but it's easy enough to find.

The comments are about what you would expect.