Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

just give Myers more ice time, sorted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1314763405799161858

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FBS posted:

just give Myers more ice time, sorted

Myers' fancy stats weren't terrible last season, surprisingly
he definitely didn't earn the contract but he appeared to be a real top 4 D on paper

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I'm glad the canucks didn't make those signings, they're bad. Jimbo comes out of this looking decent for actually walking away from them

Now please sign Toffoli so I don't feel bad for not betting on them not signing any of them.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ceci sweepstakes still a go and Vancouver looking like they have a good space for him!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I can't imagine that he's healthy for 2 full years......

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is he even capable of playing 10 games? He's a concussion mess
Not pumped about this

Hold the phone he put up a .917 last year? Ok not as bad as I thought. Sure

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Not having to be a number one and instead playing 30 to 35 games is about perfect for Crawford. Think that is a solid job by NJ to get him in to help and mentor along with provide hopefully solid performances.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Do the Devils think they are going to be good next year?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
They thought they were last year but they forgot John Hynes was their coach.

The good news is he's gone. The bad news is they replaced him with Lindy Ruff. Poor Jack Hughes.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

They thought they were last year but they forgot John Hynes was their coach.

The good news is he's gone. The bad news is they replaced him with Lindy Ruff. Poor Jack Hughes.

They were utter poo poo last year and they haven't really added much to make you think they would be that much better. I dont' see it.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

So the Islanders are hosed huh? They have to give Pulock and Barzal huge raises and they have 7m in cap and a bunch of bad contracts

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

mcmagic posted:

They were utter poo poo last year and they haven't really added much to make you think they would be that much better. I dont' see it.

Oh yeah I mean the Devils thought they were going to be good. They had decent expectations for Hughes and then got Subban and Gusev and people thought they'd make noise. They fell apart pretty quickly, traded Hall early on and canned Hynes. They really can't be much worse, but Lindy Ruff isn't going to do anything positive for them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

Oh yeah I mean the Devils thought they were going to be good. They had decent expectations for Hughes and then got Subban and Gusev and people thought they'd make noise. They fell apart pretty quickly, traded Hall early on and canned Hynes. They really can't be much worse, but Lindy Ruff isn't going to do anything positive for them.

I know but we saw them be horrible last year even though they acted like they were going to be good.... It really was moronic that they hired Ruff over Laviolette over like 600k or some stupid poo poo.,

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Sad to see Tanev go, especially to the Flames, but I don't think that contract will look good in 2 years time.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

fawning deference posted:

Is he even capable of playing 10 games? He's a concussion mess
Not pumped about this

Hold the phone he put up a .917 last year? Ok not as bad as I thought. Sure

He was excellent last year and most years he has been healthy, but injuries are a real concern.

He also put up those numbers behind a very bad defense.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/AmalieBenjamin/status/1314757420980338691

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Sad to see Tanev go, especially to the Flames, but I don't think that contract will look good in 2 years time.

Yeah, Canucks weren't willing to go more than 4m/2yrs for Tanev, which is smart. I am gonna hate seeing him in a Flames uni, though.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1314776316802105344

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Koth posted:

Haha that's ALL 7/8 D.

I watched Sbisa in Vancouver for 3 seasons

he was unabashedly loving dogshit every night

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

gently caress you Benning

you couldn't afford that? gently caress you

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

I have no idea where the cap space for this would come from.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

Barrie is a terrible fit for the Canucks. He's not going to play on PP1 while Hughes is here and there's no one to cover for him defensively.

Also, what D are going to penalty kill for this team??

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What FA defensemen are left after pietrangelo

Flyers could use someone to replace Niskanen

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
I don't know if the Leafs could match a 1.4 million AAV zero compensation offer sheet on Travis Dermott.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I wouldn't have given Tanev 4x4.5 so good for Vancouver for walking away.

It would have been great if they exercised the same discipline before signing Myers to a bigger and longer and worse contract, but alas.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I love Chris Tanev, but the Canucks need that space in a year or two. I had the reflexive "what the hell?" but it probably isn't wrong.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

I don't know if the Leafs could match a 1.4 million AAV zero compensation offer sheet on Travis Dermott.

Assuming they do the simple thing of giving Ottawa Johnston’s 3.4 million cap hit/750k salary, they’d have around 2.9 to split on Dermott and Mikheyev, so 1.4 might be doable. But 1.4 is also a pretty big overpay for Dermott based on today’s market so you’d be screwing yourself over as much as you’d be hurting the Leafs so it’s not really in anyone’s best interest to do so. Like is Dermott worth double what Victor Mete got?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Everyone’s badmouthing the Myers contract, but I’d like to see you take that many undisciplined penalties in the playoffs.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Mike Works posted:

Everyone’s badmouthing the Myers contract, but I’d like to see you take that many undisciplined penalties in the playoffs.

They won every game he took a penalty. It was only because he failed to take on in the last game that they lost.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Mete and Dermott might be similar, but Montreal could easily match so it doesn't matter that Mete was signed for $735,000, signing him wasn't an option for anyone who would be offer sheeting Dermott. Dermott's price is compared to the other inexpensive D-men remaining, plus he's in his prime and has 4 years of team control.

...and I think $1.5 million is a little low for Mikheyev just because he can threaten arbitration and the KHL.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

They won every game he took a penalty. It was only because he failed to take on in the last game that they lost.

can't gently caress up if you aren't on the ice

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
C'mon, some goalie has to want to come get their sv% obliterated in Detroit

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
man i thought blues fans would be more pumped about a guy like Krug even if we're losing petro

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What FA defensemen are left after pietrangelo

Flyers could use someone to replace Niskanen

Sami Vatanen probably the best fit available in UFA. Troy Stretcher could do a job on the cheap with a lowered standard of course. Unfortunately Cody Ceci is still available which would be sub-optimal in every way.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I didn't react well initially, but after actually hearing from SAS and looking at the performances, I am very happy with Ryan Murray and Corey Crawford - it's not a big cap hit, Murray has one year left, and Crawford signed for two. Shrewd stuff and they still have tons of cap. Fitzgerald was saying in an interview a few days ago that patience is a virtue here, and the Devils are probably getting lots of calls from teams who need to dump money. It's a good place to be in.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Sami Vatanen probably the best fit available in UFA. Troy Stretcher could do a job on the cheap with a lowered standard of course. Unfortunately Cody Ceci is still available which would be sub-optimal in every way.

Vatanen is low key pretty drat good when he's healthy and would probably be had at a good price considering he was hurt for much of last season.

Also, nobody is really talking about Dadonov, who is, after Hall, the best UFA forward available. He's a possession monster and 60-70 point player every year who would really help a team get over the top with another scorer - the Flyers come to mind.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Blues are set to finish 5-8 in the West for the next 5ish years, back to normal.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

If anyone's getting offersheeted, it's got to be Barzal/Pulock. Like the one chance MB has to be in character and also make an unambiguously good move for his team and also for my entertainment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yesterday blew for Canucks fans. Benning likely make the right choices when considered in isolation but man it sucks to see the team taking an immediate step back after one year in the playoffs. If management had shown an iota of restraint in the past we'd likely have Markstrom back and be serious players for Pietrangelo with cap room to spare.