Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Melissa Joan Hart supported Mitt Romney/Gary Johnson, and starred in "God's Not Dead 2." She is not to be trusted.

The Adventures of Pete and Pete is right there, what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

whos that broooown posted:

Melissa Joan Hart supported Mitt Romney/Gary Johnson, and starred in "God's Not Dead 2." She is not to be trusted.

The only thing I remember about MTV's "Cribs" was Hart showing off a giant bottle of vodka like it was a feature of the house. Former child actors are almost always gonna be loony tunes, Blossom included.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Sekhmnet posted:

The only thing I remember about MTV's "Cribs" was Hart showing off a giant bottle of vodka like it was a feature of the house. Former child actors are almost always gonna be loony tunes, Blossom included.

All the more reason to celebrate Kirsten Dunst and Drew Barrymore.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Dear Goons:

Will I like Bly Manor if I didn't like Hill House?

I'm not worried about character based material, but I found the character stuff insipid and undramatic in the other season, but I'm hoping it's just the characters.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Surely one of the petes has killed a hooker or something

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Khanstant posted:

There's clearly something wrong with me but I can't find the wiki that spoils what exactly that is.

Lol.

You keep on doing you, weird goon.

I use wiki all the time to construct hastily built political arguments like i actually read a lot so its not a big diff imo

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Oh, no, Big Pete or Little Pete?

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Watched the first TV I've sat down for in months and binged Bly Manor with my housemate last night, I liked it a lot.

Uh, very mild LOST spoilers as well:
The structure and general feel made me think of LOST a lot. Especially the focus on characters at the beginning, followed by a few plot centric episodes that got increasingly weirder, and then back to characters for the denouement. Oh and also the second to last episode that was a flashback to hundreds of years before that explained the entire premise of the show's main mystery.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just watched the first episode of Evil on Netflix and it was way better than I expected. Does it stay pretty consistent or does it poo poo the bed later in the season?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Evil rules

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is evil still technically around or has it been a casualty of covid? The ending of s1 is loving BONKERS

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
They sort of released a trailer for Evil S2

I haven't seen the last half of S1 but I liked what I saw

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished the boys s2 and liked it but I don't know how I feel about the AOC expy being secretly evil. I feel like it kind of undermines the show's central metaphor for a cheap twist

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I feel like people are reading waaaay too far into that

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Pretty much all authority figures aren't truthworthy in The Boys and I also don't think the character is 1:1 with the real people

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is evil still technically around or has it been a casualty of covid? The ending of s1 is loving BONKERS

I just don't see the show moving forward when New York is the hotbed of Covid again. Maybe they can change production to Vancouver like everyone else.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 10, 2020

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks like the boys thread is talking about that right now so I'll move my discussion about it over there instead of derailing this one

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Pretty much all authority figures aren't truthworthy

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is 'newsradio' worth watching? too dated? no idea if 'frasier''s comparable, but i still love it.

if so, any tips i should know? seasons or episodes to avoid?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

abelwingnut posted:

is 'newsradio' worth watching? too dated? no idea if 'frasier''s comparable, but i still love it.

Newsradio is still excellent though it obviously lost a lot of its steam when Hartman died. If you don’t like it past there, don’t feel like you have to keep watching.

The Hartman seasons are still fantastic.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

abelwingnut posted:

NewsRadio holds up, generally. It skips a few beats when Hartman was murdered, but I'll fully admit that my opinion might be because I don't generally care for Jon Lovitz. That was during the golden age of NBC sitcoms. They had Frasier, Seinfeld, Mad About You, Friends and NewsRadio all going at the same time, holy moly.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Show me a single funny or memorable scene from Mad About You

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I rewatched NewsRadio a few months back and it does hold up. But Phil really carries the show and the magic mostly ends with his passing.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

The Klowner posted:

I finished the boys s2 and liked it but I don't know how I feel about the AOC expy being secretly evil. I feel like it kind of undermines the show's central metaphor for a cheap twist
They definitely went down the predictable route to appease the masses. Anyone could have seen the good guy was the bad all along! twist coming from a mile away. It's a shame when writers decide to abandon good plot structure and character building to make room for shocking twists and turns. It's like when horror movie writers choose to add jump scares instead of adding to the atmosphere. I'll probably give the next season a pity view, but this show has definitely jumped the shark.

On the other hand, I started watching Utopia and finished the first episode. Interesting, but it's a bit of a chore so far.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bioshuffle posted:

They definitely went down the predictable route to appease the masses. Anyone could have seen the good guy was the bad all along! twist coming from a mile away. It's a shame when writers decide to abandon good plot structure and character building to make room for shocking twists and turns. It's like when horror movie writers choose to add jump scares instead of adding to the atmosphere. I'll probably give the next season a pity view, but this show has definitely jumped the shark.

On the other hand, I started watching Utopia and finished the first episode. Interesting, but it's a bit of a chore so far.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry the obvious nazi was actually a literal nazi.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry the obvious nazi was actually a literal nazi.
Are you ok?

I'm referring to the AOC character. It's clear from the get go Stormfront is evil. Unless the whole killing off an entire building full of innocents wasn't enough of a clue to you.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bioshuffle posted:

Tread carefully. Just because you're banned from the thread for The Boys does not mean you can come and start laying bait in here.

This first post is fine, but

Bioshuffle posted:

Are you ok?

I'm referring to the AOC character. It's clear from the get go Stormfront is evil. Unless the whole killing off an entire building full of innocents wasn't enough of a clue to you.

this post is flying too close to the sun. I'm warning you now. We are not restarting that drama in another thread. You will not get three strikes here, it'll be an immediate boot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

phosdex posted:

I rewatched NewsRadio a few months back and it does hold up. But Phil really carries the show and the magic mostly ends with his passing.

I don't know, I feel like that undersells the job Foley, Lewis, Alexander, Root, and Tierney did (gently caress Rogan and Dick). They all could absolutely carry episodes. And hell Phil wasn't in the show's funniest moment.

Man, I need rewatch Super Karate Monkey Death Car sometime.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Man, good lord bird was way funnier than I had kind of expected it to be.

Keith David talkin' cousins killed me.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I wish Newsradio was on a streaming service because it's a pretty good comfort show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just remembered the saga of Bill's cane.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Evil spoilers

Oh my god the end of the incel plot line was perfect. Having him go out as a pathetic loser was done just right.

If you haven’t seen it yet I really have to recommend it. That was like the ninth episode and I started watching it this afternoon, if that puts how addictive it is into context.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The heatwave will always be my favorite episode.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Submitted a complaint about the complaint box. Delicious.

gently caress Andy Dick forever but Matthew asking Catherine to say something in African and her response is funny as hell

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

Submitted a complaint about the complaint box. Delicious.

gently caress Andy Dick forever but Matthew asking Catherine to say something in African and her response is funny as hell

Who was it who beat the living poo poo out of Andy Dick at a bar when Andy wouldn't stop mocking Phil Hartman's death?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

Who was it who beat the living poo poo out of Andy Dick at a bar when Andy wouldn't stop mocking Phil Hartman's death?

Jon Lovitz.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Evil spoilers

Oh my god the end of the incel plot line was perfect. Having him go out as a pathetic loser was done just right.

If you haven’t seen it yet I really have to recommend it. That was like the ninth episode and I started watching it this afternoon, if that puts how addictive it is into context.

The high point of the season is either this or the cornfield demon baby

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I recently binged all of Evil with my mum, and we're both extremely sad now that it's over. Great, weird series.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Watch The Good Wife then. It's the same creative team.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Adjunct Professor Metis posted:

I recently binged all of Evil with my mum, and we're both extremely sad now that it's over. Great, weird series.

It’s so good. I thought it sounded stupid when it first came out but it really makes the premise work. It’s kinda like Person of Interest in that way, but with less wait for it to really get going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Speak of the devil, and it shall appear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtNM05rbCas

Evil Season Two.

Wtf,