Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!

martinlutherbling posted:

Can someone point me to a good resource that lists worthwhile horror movies organized by streaming service?

I put together a list like that if you trust a stranger’s taste

https://letterboxd.com/benitocereno/list/the-haunting-of-netflix-house-viii-the-satanic/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Just watched Scanners for the first time. Kind of hated it! Nearly every line delivered by the protaganist is eye rollingly bad. Couldn't wait for it to end. Neat effects during the ending though.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Scanners has the best head explosion with an honorable mention to the original Maniac shotgun scene

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

Scanners has the best head explosion with an honorable mention to the original Maniac shotgun scene

Ahem.

Deadly Friend, friend.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

When we watched Maniac on the Scream Stream, there was some debate as to whether the fidelity of the effect in Scanners beats the fact that in Maniac there is another actor within splatter range to get covered in brain blood

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Burkion posted:

Ahem.

Deadly Friend, friend.

i havent seen this one but it looks amazing ima put it on tonight or tomorrow

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Kvlt! posted:

That scene does indeed own. Unfortunately, the remaining 80 minutes were just a slog for me to get through

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kvlt! posted:

Have you updated your rankings to account for The Boys recent head explosion scene?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (theatrical cut) also has a pretty righteous head explosion.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Kvlt! posted:

Maniac's scene owns because Tom Savini didn't have a permit to film it so he just blew up a fake head with a shotgun in the middle of NYC in the middle of the night and threw the gun in the trunk and sped off before the cops came lmao

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kvlt! posted:

Its a low key favorite Craven. I love it

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

I still can’t find The Long Island Cannibal Massacre short of buying the DVD

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Kvlt! posted:

It's part of Lurdiak's scream stream tonight!

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
Hey y'all YouTube!!! it's ya boy Anime Tupac here to deliver a HOT-rear end review of "We Summon the Darkness!" ok check it:
(I had no strong feelings about it one way or the other, I like anything with an 80s vibe but it didn't stand out much at all)
((and then I just like limp out of the room with the camera still on so it's clear I'm incredibly low-energy))
thank you for your time.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

NUMBER 1 FULCI FAN posted:

Maniac's scene owns because Tom Savini didn't have a permit to film it so he just blew up a fake head with a shotgun in the middle of NYC in the middle of the night and threw the gun in the trunk and sped off before the cops came lmao

I don't know anything about this but as a Savini fan I hope it's accurate because he owns

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think he threw it in a car driven by another member of the crew to further distance himself from the gun. Could be misremembering. I believe he tells the story in the Savini doc on Shudder?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

He tells the story during the Maniac episode of Last Drive In.

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Hey Horror Thread. If any of you use poster Windows 98’s movie streaming site, windowsmoviehouse.com, I’ve curated a 24 block of horror movies starting at midnight EST tonight! Please enjoy throughout your Sunday.

Queue:

https://imgur.com/HZHAk2o

TrixRabbi fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 11, 2020

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

I have somehow never in my life seen Poltergeist and am watching it for the first time, and just 7 minutes in it's so goofy, and Craig T. Nelson was there, and you were there, and you were there! *points to random horror thread posters*

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

anime tupac posted:

Hey y'all YouTube!!! it's ya boy Anime Tupac here to deliver a HOT-rear end review of "We Summon the Darkness!"

no

unless this is a gag and you're specifically making fun of walrus, don't loving do this

we don't need more dollar-store outlaw verns

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

no

unless this is a gag and you're specifically making fun of walrus, don't loving do this

we don't need more dollar-store outlaw verns

(i am in fact making fun of this whole thing which is awful and should go away)

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 11, 2020

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
What whole thing

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Everyone should develop a gimmick to use when posting in here on Halloween.

And then dispose of it the day after.

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

What whole thing

idiot youtubers

OP modified for clarity I guess!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

EL BROMANCE posted:

He tells the story during the Maniac episode of Last Drive In.

I've never seen that so I guess he also tells it in either his doc, or that four hour In Search of Darkness thing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darthemed posted:

Uh

I could talk about

romantic comedies?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

Darthemed posted:

Idk I guess I'll pretend to be a bad poster for a day

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

What if I am the gimmick or another poster come to life

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Darthemed posted:

I will write all my posts in a spooky ghost voice.

like this.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My spooky halloween gimmick will be to post good

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

my gimmick is that it's secretly my skeleton posting everything

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My gimmick is I'm under investigation for Epstein connections and pretending everything's ok.

Haha, anyone seen any good horror movies lately? Boy I sure like the ones with adults in them. Not that I... uh... Anyway. D-do you guys like Scream Stream? There's definitely gonna be more of those.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

posers

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

tag yourself in a horror movie, i'm easily this guy

huge nerd, died as he lived: chomping on a chicken wing, clearly about to get killed by a ghost (I can only hope)

e: wait no I'm this sad dog that looks extremely miffed about having to leave a haunted house

anime tupac fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 11, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

anime tupac posted:

idiot youtubers

OP modified for clarity I guess!

there was a guy who was in here a while back, TheOmegaWalrus, who was doing that kind of bit completely unironically to try and build some kind of personal brand/sex cult and it got me on edge. you're good. :unsmith:

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never really watched any franchise. I'm through part 4 of the Nightmare on Elm Street and honestly they keep getting better and better. Well maybe not 4 is better than 3 but I still liked 4.

Patricia Arquette was great in 3 and I'm really disappointed she got recast.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I never really watched any franchise. I'm through part 4 of the Nightmare on Elm Street and honestly they keep getting better and better. Well maybe not 4 is better than 3 but I still liked 4.

Patricia Arquette was great in 3 and I'm really disappointed she got recast.

After watching Never Sleep Again, I got the distinct impression that Renny Harlin gave the role (and a one shot record deal) to the first person willing to bang him for it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

anime tupac posted:

I don't know anything about this but as a Savini fan I hope it's accurate because he owns

The Berzerker posted:

I think he threw it in a car driven by another member of the crew to further distance himself from the gun. Could be misremembering. I believe he tells the story in the Savini doc on Shudder?

I saw William Lustig a few times/spoke with him a bit when he was screening the recovered/restored Maniac print at theaters in NYC and that's how he told it. On the night they did it one of the crew's sole task that night was to be their "getaway driver" for this purpose, so that as soon as they got the shot it could be placed in the trunk and that other crewmember immediately drove to NJ for the night so they could be as distanced as possible.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

also Bly Manor is very good so far. Very BBC Christmas Ghost Story, very MR James.

Finished it a few minutes ago. My hot take is I love it more than I loved Hill House?

It being way more sad and way more gay than Hill House almost certainly has a lot to do with that, but still

At the very least it should be easily agreeable that Bly Manor is the better Turn of the Screw-esque piece of horror media this year. gently caress The Turning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

I saw William Lustig a few times/spoke with him a bit when he was screening the recovered/restored Maniac print at theaters in NYC and that's how he told it. On the night they did it one of the crew's sole task that night was to be their "getaway driver" for this purpose, so that as soon as they got the shot it could be placed in the trunk and that other crewmember immediately drove to NJ for the night so they could be as distanced as possible.

it is kind of amazing that a film once practiced sfx so far outside of its region's boundaries that it required a getaway driver and I loving love it

WE GOT THE SHOT, MAYBE!

CHEESE IT, THE FEDS!