Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

psiox posted:

i too make sure that the gravitational center of my worldview is twitter, a company

you're trying too hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

psiox posted:

i too make sure that the gravitational center of my worldview is twitter, a company

that is unironically the situation for anyone voting dem for any reason other than complacency or strategic voting

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the other rapist?

you mean the rapist with the blood of millions of brown people on his hands who will accelerate climate change, or the rapist with the blood of a mixture hundreds of thousands of americans and hundreds of thousands of brown people on his hands who will accelerate climate change?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fart simpson posted:

you mean the rapist with the blood of millions of brown people on his hands who will accelerate climate change, or the rapist with the blood of a mixture hundreds of thousands of americans and hundreds of thousands of brown people on his hands who will accelerate climate change?

well what the gently caress are we supposed to do? topple the existing power structure with our rambo skills and declare anime posting legal?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

well what the gently caress are we supposed to do? topple the existing power structure with our rambo skills and declare anime posting legal?

well yeah, what do you think the rest of us have been doing for the last couple years

e: wait don't answer that

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

well yeah, what do you think the rest of us have been doing for the last couple years

e: wait don't answer that

not sure what exactly you're referring to, but i assume getting probed up the bum repeatedly

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

not sure what exactly you're referring to, but i assume getting probed up the bum repeatedly

not *that* kind of anime

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

joe biden is a dirty old shitstain, but i assume that his administration would be staffed by people better than the actual nazis that trump employs

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
again, agreed, the best thing to do is absolutely nothing and everyone should get a good 'ratio' for having these opinions

and you're definitely different from everybody /else/ that got us into this

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Roosevelt posted:

joe biden is a dirty old shitstain, but i assume that his administration would be staffed by people better than the actual nazis that trump employs

it will be staffed by larry summers and co, people who got floated and rejected for the obama admin

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

psiox posted:

again, agreed, the best thing to do is absolutely nothing and everyone should get a good 'ratio' for having these opinions

and you're definitely different from everybody /else/ that got us into this

i'm not doing "nothing". i'm making sure that biden's popular vote count is one less than it could be. one tiny step towards destroying the festering wreckage of the democratic party. colorado is safe blue.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
gop: baby jails!
dems: ada-accessible baby jails!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

vote strategically because first past the post voting discourages anything but strategic voting

if your vote is 99% probable to have no effect and you have moral convictions then stick to them, gently caress it

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Roosevelt posted:

they will be very polite and be on good terms with their friends in the media while they throw refugees into concentration camps and repeatedly gas them with harsh disinfectants and contract out medical services to doctors that forcibly sterilize women

all the norms will be followed

there will be so much decorum

the dang cheeto will be out of the white house

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

i'm in a blood red state, so i have to do what i must

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

i'm in a blood red state, so i have to do what i must

gently caress and cum in you are ballot?

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

joe biden is less bad than donald trump. i dont think that's wrong? biden did bad and trump is doing bad, but unless you take an accelerationist approach, biden will be less bad than trump in office. if you do take an accelerationist approach not much i can do.

but yes. this is awful. we're doomed. hell world etc. not gonna convince folks to vote biden, per my previous posts. but painting voting for biden as worse than not voting or voting for trump is also bad, is all.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Kazinsal posted:

vote strategically because first past the post voting discourages anything but strategic voting

if your vote is 99% probable to have no effect and you have moral convictions then stick to them, gently caress it
Yeah this is a good point if you live in a state where you've been disenfranchised by the winner-take-all system then your vote is purely symbolic anyway

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

until he helps start another war that kills over a million people and devastates an entire nation and destabilizes a major region of the world then trump doesn't hold a candle to joeseph loving biden. if you vote for joe because he's the "lesser" evil you are either a credulous moron or a colossal piece of poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

did you not see the thing earlier today where trump basically said "come at me bro I'll loving nuke you" to iran

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

did you not see the thing earlier today where trump basically said "come at me bro I'll loving nuke you" to iran

yes, and after similar bluster north korea is a smoking, radioactive ruin. oh wait, trump just likes to talk big about poo poo. better to have dems that apply sanctions that kill tens to hundreds of thousands of people, progressively.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I mean I guess if you're so deeply uberwoke you need to write-in vote for smdftb 420 and running mate hmbol 69 you should at least check to see whether or not that's considered a spoiled ballot because downballot voting is important and can more immediately be responsible for the life or death of underprivileged people in your immediate area than which megaboomer tweets angrily and signs bills

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Oneiros posted:

until he helps start another war that kills over a million people and devastates an entire nation and destabilizes a major region of the world then trump doesn't hold a candle to joeseph loving biden. if you vote for joe because he's the "lesser" evil you are either a credulous moron or a colossal piece of poo poo

this is stupid and reductionist. blaming joe biden for either 9/11 or iraq, and the resultant huge loving watershed of issues, while not completely inaccurate, is dumb as poo poo and reductionist. stop learning your politics from twitter ffs

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

fwiw dubya is definitely worse than trump too and you can draw a straight line from vietnam to the current brokebrain politics but openly saying you think trump would be better the next 4 years than biden because of the middle east is one of the stupidest things ive ever read.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is some d&d poo poo please stop nobody's going to convince anybody else itt to vote or not vote or vote differently

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

this is some d&d poo poo please stop nobody's going to convince anybody else itt to vote or not vote or vote differently
and really this means this thread is a microcosm of american politics and how fundamentally broken they are for the foreseeable future

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

vote for whoever is likely to bring on the nukes and free the rest of the planet from your stupid failed nation's dumb bullshit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
we're going to let this chill for a bit, come back tomorrow!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
in the meantime check out these highlights from this compelling match earlier today at roland-garros. tsitsipas took two sets from djokovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xum-b-Uw6U

man can dole out the two-handed backhand like no one else. lots of great matches this week from the french open!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM7jCuN1838

kvitova broke kenin twice in the second set for a comeback to no avail. still a great match!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

bump

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
frosty denver tonight

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:911:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S3cF4h03hw

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

bernie would never tell anyone to hurt themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-N0OsLJa2U

im not voting for biden right now and it feels great

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ll never vote in north america

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Imagine living in a country with non compulsory voting lmao

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Republicans; we need to do everything in our power to stop people from voting

Twitter leftists; jokes on them, I wasn't voting anyway!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I would say vote to fix the two party system but lmao