Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, statistically speaking there has to be some overlap in the multiple major cities he and Nappa blew up and poo poo like him wasting half a stadium of people and all, so there must have been some who couldn't get double-dipped

I think they can lawyer out of that, the wishes as given just have to be different.

But Vegeta has absolutely genocided planets before arriving in the series that haven't been wished back. The first panel he appears in he's engaged in cannibalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Vegeta - and this is actually in the loving manga - is also a victim of how the Saiyans were shaped into a paramilitary client state by the Frieza Force

End boss Of SGaG*
Aug 9, 2000
I REPORT EVERY POST I READ!
There's specifically a scene when they wish to resurrect the namekians killed by frieza soldiers and vegeta says 'oh yeah i wiped out a village too' and everyone is pissed off at him.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I mean, Goku is willing to become friends with anyone and anything, a little genocide, a little cannibalism, a bit of slave trading, he's not bothered.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Its a good thing it was Sunday or else all those buildings Vegeta blew up might have been full.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
If they wished everyone that was killed by Frieza's soldiers back to life, and Vegeta was one of Frieza's soldiers, that must mean Napa is somewhere out there alive again.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Leal posted:

If they wished everyone that was killed by Frieza's soldiers back to life, and Vegeta was one of Frieza's soldiers, that must mean Napa is somewhere out there alive again.

Delivering derailing one-liners.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Thats a fun loophole, but the dragon must not have seen it that way since that wish didnt bring back anyone killed during the Nappa battle.
Oh wait two of them killed themselves and one of them died to a Saibaman. So who knows how pedantic the dragon was that day.
But if not, then the city Nappa blew up is the only unlucky one.

Everyone killed by Buu came back regardless since the Namekian dragon didnt have a limit on repeating wishes. (and some of them died and came back to life just weeks ago!)

Its also funny to imagine if one city had everything happen to it (King Picollo blows it up, gets rebuilt, Nappa blows it up, gets rebuilt, Cell murders everyone inside it, gets repopulated, Buu genocides the whole planet)

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Arcsquad12 posted:

Its a good thing it was Sunday or else all those buildings Vegeta blew up might have been full.
Lots of prople saying they say Vegita murder entire villages of Nameks, but I was there, I could see the parachutes and they're OK.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mr Phillby posted:

Lots of prople saying they say Vegita murder entire villages of Nameks, but I was there, I could see the parachutes and they're OK.

I mean, Vegituh, Yumcha, Tenshen and Clearin, they had survived. So they couldn't have all been bad.

Big Green had perished, though.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Casey Finnigan posted:

I thought Persona 5 was a good game when I played it, but the writing in it is pretty bad, it feels like a major backslide from Persona 4. I don't think I'm gonna bother with P5 Royal.

persona 5's writing isnt great yeah but honestly persona 4 has some of the most actively unfunny, unpleasant scenes ive ever had to sit through in a game (let alone a jrpg)

luv to be a game that simultaneously has a character whose backstory is "people brutally made fun of me for being kinda overweight so i reinvented my entire self-image when i moved schools" and a character who literally only exists to be made fun of for being fat and gross

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

Vegeta - and this is actually in the loving manga - is also a victim of how the Saiyans were shaped into a paramilitary client state by the Frieza Force

And the current storyline in Super has a significant subplot about him wanting to atone for what he's done.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mean, Vegituh, Yumcha, Tenshen and Clearin, they had survived. So they couldn't have all been bad.

Big Green had perished, though.

WHA!? BIG GREEN DEAD!?!? :stare:

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Broey Deschanel - Kids (1995): Can Realism Get Too Real?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PSRSUxdiYE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Leal posted:

Brutalman Ian Moose eating more hungry man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJyqRq3Bcs

E: Ian likes corn

Ian's been talking about this super big project for like a year now I wonder what the gently caress it could possibly be at this point

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Ms. Lola-"Problematic Faves (NUANCE, Part 1)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLlbM62kLg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
vegeta is the real protagonist of dbz

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I am hopeful that the new thread will be better (and the next controversy that causes the next thread won't happen for at least 3 more years).

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mraagvpeine posted:

I am hopeful that the new thread will be better (and the next controversy that causes the next thread won't happen for at least 3 more years).

They'll get Zack Snyder to make the film adaptation of Fallout and the thread will implode.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Nuebot posted:

They'll get Zack Snyder to make the film adaptation of Fallout and the thread will implode.

Zack Snyder will make the movie adaption of Spec Ops the Line and Hbomberguy will have a scorching hot take on it. That'll be the event that leads this thread to reach derail singularity.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

But real talk tho, this thread will always be like this until we all collectively agree to try to stop owning each other for having different opinions on games/movies/books/whatever. That's how derails always start. Someone likes/hates a thing, and then we get some wannabe comedian sarcastically going "I too, am an idiot who doesn't understand media" :smug: and it all spirals from there.

And yeah I know I've been guilty of this in the past too but I stopped doing that for a reason. Actually assuming good faith on other posters and having a discussion is way more fun than dumb slap fights and pathetic attempts to own your posting enemies.

I know this is something awful and vicious mockery was the foundation of this site, but this site was also founded by a wife-beating lunatic. With the new management in charge, maybe we can all see this as a fresh start and at least try to be a little bit more chill?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Really looking forward to celebrating Year Zero of the new era of our glorious dinosaur posting palace with a new iteration of the thread.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

vegeta is the real protagonist of dbz

Grapplejack posted:

Ian's been talking about this super big project for like a year now I wonder what the gently caress it could possibly be at this point

I'm eagerly awaiting whatever it is. Even if its Suburban Knights 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mraagvpeine posted:

It'll still be anime posting by gross weight

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Leal posted:

Brutalman Ian Moose eating more hungry man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vJyqRq3Bcs

E: Ian likes corn

I'd really like his videos without the omnipresent sound effects. They drive me up the goddamn wall though.

You don't need to splice in crunching sounds or explosions every time he does something editor!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jamie Faith posted:

Zack Snyder will make the movie adaption of Spec Ops the Line and Hbomberguy will have a scorching hot take on it. That'll be the event that leads this thread to reach derail singularity.

Zack Snyder will join the forums and make the 5.0 chat thread dooming us all.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Snyder joins forum and says all of his own movies were phoned in garbage fires except for Sucker Punch which is the good poo poo.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The is a spectre haunting the forums - the spectre of Snyder. All the old posters have entered into a holy alliance to exorcise this spectre.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

If they wished back everyone killed by Freeza then shouldn't the Saiyans have come back?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ghostlight posted:

It'll still be anime posting by gross weight
god is in his heaven, all is right with the world

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
How would a movie adaptation of Spec Ops even work?

grittyreboot posted:

If they wished back everyone killed by Freeza then shouldn't the Saiyans have come back?

It only works for everyone killed in the last year.
Also I am not sure on the translation, but it may have been worded to only revive those who died on Namek. (and since Frieza never killed his own men in the manga, none of them came back either)

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
you can't really make it worth anything. it's a good story game because it's an actual story designed for its medium, rather than a game designer who desperately wishes they were a director. filming it as if there's no other anti-war movies or movies critiquing violence in media would be an ignorant ego move.

but you can still make it. monster hunter is a gritty military isekai now, nothing matters

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

you can't really make it worth anything. it's a good story game because it's an actual story designed for its medium, rather than a game designer who desperately wishes they were a director. filming it as if there's no other anti-war movies or movies critiquing violence in media would be an ignorant ego move.

but you can still make it. monster hunter is a gritty military isekai now, nothing matters

Still weird how they decided the best way to adapt Monster Hunter was to adapt GATE, but replace fantasy setting with Monsters and Tony Jaa.. Though credit has to be given, Tony Jaa is cool.

Oh wait its directed by Paul WS Anderson. That explains everything.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Marin Karin posted:

The twist is going to be it's not an isekai it's a secret time travel movie like planet if the apes cause that's what MH lore secretly is.

If you wanted to do a fish out of water story in the setting this at least makes thematic sense. The kind if military that would give birth to the Proto Hunters being flung to the modern MH world.

Personally I think it's weirder they're focusing on diabolos so much instead of like Ratholos. I guess Dio is iconic enough but he's not really The Brand like Rath is l.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The twist is going to be it's not an isekai it's a secret time travel movie like planet if the apes cause that's what MH lore secretly is.

If you wanted to do a fish out of water story in the setting this at least makes thematic sense. The kind if military that would give birth to the Proto Hunters being flung to the modern MH world.

Personally I think it's weirder they're focusing on diabolos so much instead of like Ratholos. I guess Dio is iconic enough but he's not really The Brand like Rath is l.

My guess is someone involved decided rath was a bit generic as a headliner being a pretty standard red dragon thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Also, Diabolos has a scarier name, is considerably more dangerous in-game, and has an in-story reputation for being a complete and utter rear end in a top hat. It's honestly a genuinely good pick for a villain monster if you don't want to jump straight to Elder Dragons.

The other option is the Deviljho, but let's be real here - the big angry pickle is mostly just a meme these days.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 11, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archer666 posted:

Still weird how they decided the best way to adapt Monster Hunter was to adapt GATE, but replace fantasy setting with Monsters and Tony Jaa.. Though credit has to be given, Tony Jaa is cool.

Oh wait its directed by Paul WS Anderson. That explains everything.

After a while I decided that the Resident Evil movies were an anniversary present to his wife so she could star in them and now that those are done I guess it was time for a new video game franchise.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

DeafNote posted:

How would a movie adaptation of Spec Ops even work?

During the intermission Zach Snyder appears on screen to tell you how mean you are for watching the film.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
You could've chosen to get up and leave the theater whenever you wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
what if... killing... is bad?