Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I think there's basically four levels of singing streams from (Hololive) Vtubers: Bottom level is "song practice", trying out new songs and straight up practicing and starting over, not everyone does this. Above that is regular karaoke, picking out songs as you go often taking requests, most do this often. Then there's self-produced mini concerts, this is with pre-determined set list and practice beforehand to deliver every song well, it's generally Live2D but not everyone does this. At the top are the professionally produced concerts in Cover's studio with 3D models and all the flash.

Also, if Aloe hadn't been bullied out, she'd have been producing music too. She very heavily suggested that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Aloe was definitely a producer, I showed her debut to another producer I know and apparently doing the specific stuff she did to her voice is expert-level stuff to do live

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1315546320845729793

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Finally, the chicken has been unleashed.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I am in awe by the power of our chicken. May she collab with everyone. Considering her surprise duet with Nene, I think a stream with them together would be very cute and fun!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1315582697025101825?s=20

i love how quickly Amelia's opinion on minecraft turned after one collab

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Polka is celebrating 300k subs by performing small skits requested via Marshmallow. This includes things like walking to school together, her confessing to you, a weird genesis/mythology of Polka, and more. I'm not able to follow it myself (work) so this is mostly second-hand information from chat so far. But several of these are things you'd buy in a 10,000 yen voice pack from other members...

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Amelia contains the salt levels of a person who spends their time near exclusively soloing in multiplayer games. It seems like this is the first time she's played Minecraft and was actually sharing a world with her friends. I'm glad that even if she was sleepy and mostly just dug a tunnel, it was still so fun she wants to keep working on it even outside of collabs.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Minrad posted:

https://twitter.com/watsonameliaEN/status/1315582697025101825?s=20

i love how quickly Amelia's opinion on minecraft turned after one collab

No APEX and no Valorant. Have we reached the promised land?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
aren't those often guerilla

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
also oh my god kiara and amelia clubhouse 51 sounds like an incredibly lethal dosage of salt

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Minrad posted:

also oh my god kiara and amelia clubhouse 51 sounds like an incredibly lethal dosage of salt

I'm ready for an American TV dinner level of sodium

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm ready for an American TV dinner level of sodium

Whole bag of Munchos brand chips.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The first half of this is just a series of unrelated clips, but the last half is all related and really wholesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeoUrrp0TCs

Edit:
Pikamee and Hana are playing Phasmophobia, a co-op horror game, and it's going well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpHgyfRGw04

Onean fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 12, 2020

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Kiara is now playing Minecraft with shaders, and Gura and amelia are both in the server and totally addicted

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I started playing Minecraft again cuz of vtubers so I totally get the feeling.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Pollyanna posted:

I started playing Minecraft again cuz of vtubers so I totally get the feeling.

Yeah same. It's wonderful. There's so much more stuff to mess around with since the last time I played.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Half the Nijisanji streamers have been playing either Minecraft or Genshin Impact for a good while now, and it's a good thing there's so many people in total since I'm not super interested in either of those. Relaxing background listening though.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Did Kiara say what shader pack she's using?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Honestly if I lived next to korone during one of her shriekathons in the middle of the night I'd consider breaking my lease and moving

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Did Kiara say what shader pack she's using?

Sildur shaders. It's the same one Pikamee uses.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Amelia built a more direct tunnel to Gura's base and signed it "Gura's Backdoor :wiggle:"

Kiara's getting almost twice as many viewers as she usually does for these morning streams. People really love shared minecraft servers.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Sindai posted:

Amelia built a more direct tunnel to Gura's base and signed it "Gura's Backdoor :wiggle:"

By herself? :stare:

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Oh Snapple! posted:

By herself? :stare:
Guras home wasn't that far from the main tunnel, and assuming she didn't do a 3x3 highway like the main tunnel it was probably pretty quick.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

For some reason my brain went directly to an entirety new tunnel instead of a split from the current one

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Sindai posted:

Kiara's getting almost twice as many viewers as she usually does for these morning streams. People really love shared minecraft servers.

It's basically a collab with few extra steps and that's has been consistently one of her biggest strengths, so I'm not surprised.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm not particularly into Minecraft, but if nothing else it represents a sort of shared plotline between the group that keeps me interested.

And yeah, they're making me want to play.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Kiara was talking about what she wanted to do with her first paycheck and she talked about how she wanted to see her family/pay for them to travel over to see her and generally was very wholesome. Then she mentioned she wants to buy her brother a PS5 and that he wanted a Shamisen while her mom is a gamer mom. Her family sound amazing.

EDIT: She just mentioned that when her family comes over, she will ask them (and probably cover) if she could do a family stream with them.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 12, 2020

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, the fact she hasn't been paid yet makes sense. That came up last week or the week before, and it made sense why they couldn't dump money into new PCs immediately unless they had enough credit or cash on hand already.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's still absurd to me that they're not provided a baseline selection of equipment.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I assume Cover thinks that if they can submit their application and examples of their previous body of work which was done using their existing equipment, that means it's good enough.

I really don't know how much load the avatar interface, OBS and YouTube tie ins add on to the all that. I assume some of the avatar processing is off-loaded to their phone.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cover's whole niche at the outset was having very low costs for getting a tuber running- model, rig, iphone with app, go. That approach doesn't really make a ton of sense in their current dominant position but it's probably something slow to change.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Does anyone know how payouts work in Hololive? I'm assuming the performers get a percentage of superchat and membership revenue.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

No Mods No Masters posted:

Cover's whole niche at the outset was having very low costs for getting a tuber running- model, rig, iphone with app, go. That approach doesn't really make a ton of sense in their current dominant position but it's probably something slow to change.

As a market leader they should 100% be spending the gen spin up time vetting everyone's setup and if anyone needs assistance providing starting equipment. If they want to be annoying about it they can still make the girls pay but should be setup as an interest free loan that gets deducted from their paychecks monthly like a normal company computer purchase program. They also pay monthly due to Youtube taking forever to pay out which is why everyone waited till post debut to upgrade and pretty sure they all did it on credit/savings.

Everyone in holoEN gen 1 streamed at some point in the past but only Gura & Ame did really computer intense game streaming. I think the extra processing hit of the live2D model probably surprised Mori. Kiara I think had a fine PC but was more hurt by all the weird techissues with her mic and internet. Ina of course was fine because she had an insane station already and is now gonna use her first paycheck to upgrade to super top of the line with a 3080 lol.

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Does anyone know how payouts work in Hololive? I'm assuming the performers get a percentage of superchat and membership revenue.

Nothing official but Coco has said Cover takes 50%. Youtube takes 30% and the 70% remaining gets sent to Cover, not the girls directly. Cover then takes some amount and pays out monthly paychecks. Coco has mentioned being surprised at how little her first paycheck was compared to her expectation lol.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The numbers thrown around for superchats are generally youtube takes a 30% cut, and then cover takes 50% of what's left (so 35% of the total amount), and then the performers get the rest. Although apparently any sort of VAT also gets taken out of the total as well.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Nothing's confirmed but it seems like Coco mentioned that Youtube takes 30%, then of the 70% remaining, Cover takes half, leaving the rest to the talent.

So Youtube 30%, Cover 35%, then talent 35% (which is then taxed as income).

Source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5Omc7TwzA&t=600s

I believe Coco explicitly mentions the 35% cut in that video, timestamped.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cover isn't the leading tech in vtuber, FYI. They're still smaller than nijisanji despite a bigger global presence.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Tae posted:

Cover isn't the leading tech in vtuber, FYI. They're still smaller than nijisanji despite a bigger global presence.

I look at it like a sony vs microsoft situation, Cover is absolutely a market leader in vtubing as they must be the 2nd most successful company for it. There shouldn't be any excuse for them to support the talent better.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Tae posted:

nijisanji

Speaking of which, do they support their talent in the same way? Provide phones + apps and everything else is left to the streamer? Might explain why cover does things the way they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
https://twitter.com/tokoyamitowa/status/1315684065723310082

Towa is taking a break from solo streams to deal with personal matters (that she'd rather not go into details). Scheduled collabs will apparently still happen, mind.