Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Booky posted:

just had sushi after quite a while today, it was Very Yummy!! 😊

what's everyone's favorite sushi types? i like shrimp tempura and salmon a lot, for instance!

Smoked mackerel, salmon, and any type of tuna are always good picks.

Normally I'm not a huge fan of white fish but as sushi it's fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Booky posted:

what's everyone's favorite sushi types? i like shrimp tempura and salmon a lot, for instance!

One time at a sushi train in Japan I had this "Hamburger Sushi" which was like a mini Japanese style hamburg patty on some rice. It was very silly and good.

Serious answer though I love the basic salmon and tuna. Also the egg ones are pretty good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

bovis posted:

One time at a sushi train in Japan I had this "Hamburger Sushi" which was like a mini Japanese style hamburg patty on some rice. It was very silly and good.

hmm... maybe I should make this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I took a sushi class in Japan and mostly what I learned from it is that Im really lazy and shoveling rice + sashimi in my moth is 95% of the enjoyment of sushi for me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
sometimes i think I'm just in it for the wasabi, soy sauce, and pickled ginger

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I'm a slut for uni if it's fresh.

Spam musubi is maybe not sushi but it's a tasty snack.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
dumb post incoming: i've been looking at my list of games I've played this year, ramping up to goty, and i've hit a weird issue. i'll probably effortpost in the future about games i've played that won't make the cut but I think are interesting, but i almost feel like two games - Kentucky Route 0 and Pathologic 2 - are almost too good to be on a goty list, that putting them there would be frivolous. for me, at least, these two work at art pieces on a level above your average game and probably deserve a discussion of their own.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

metis is the self-appointed bingo cop, she will judge your posting crime

I judge the post justified.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I haven't had spam in a while... my local grocer is all organic and stuff so they don't stock it and I would have to drive to actually get it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

dumb post incoming: i've been looking at my list of games I've played this year, ramping up to goty, and i've hit a weird issue. i'll probably effortpost in the future about games i've played that won't make the cut but I think are interesting, but i almost feel like two games - Kentucky Route 0 and Pathologic 2 - are almost too good to be on a goty list, that putting them there would be frivolous. for me, at least, these two work at art pieces on a level above your average game and probably deserve a discussion of their own.

Just cause something is top notch Art it doesnt stop being the media it is. Thats a sort of reductive "this media can't produce art, because things which are art in that media cease to be that media". I say own your love of games that are not conventional game experiences and use that to deliver something that sets them apart!

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i don't disagree, it's more that goty lists in my brain still share space with you Keighly-award type things where sad dad game 2020 will sweep, it's not a knock on the medium, just on how I perceive these lists

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The SA Games Forum list is more insightful than any of those imo

May 8, 2006

I mean I strongly believe that there isn't a place online that has overall more interesting and nuanced thoughts on games than these forums, even if people (myself included) don't always post like it

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

SA's 2020 GotY thread will lift the genre to new artistic heights.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Floating an idea.
So it occurred to me today that I've been posting on these dead gay forums for over a decade now, and with the sale finally having gone through I'm actually optimistic about this place continuing to survive.

I was thinking at the start of December I'd throw up a thread for a Something Awful Games Forum Time Capsule, and get goons to submit their 1, 3, 5 and 10 year gaming predictions, collate them all and then we can all enjoy how utterly wrong we were over the course of the next decade.

Would people be interested in participating in something like that? Is there more we should include? Does 1/3/5/10 give us a good coverage of time? Hell, if enough people are interested should we do this on a yearly basis and get some hot gaming takes rolling?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mode 7 posted:

Floating an idea.
So it occurred to me today that I've been posting on these dead gay forums for over a decade now, and with the sale finally having gone through I'm actually optimistic about this place continuing to survive.

I was thinking at the start of December I'd throw up a thread for a Something Awful Games Forum Time Capsule, and get goons to submit their 1, 3, 5 and 10 year gaming predictions, collate them all and then we can all enjoy how utterly wrong we were over the course of the next decade.

Would people be interested in participating in something like that? Is there more we should include? Does 1/3/5/10 give us a good coverage of time? Hell, if enough people are interested should we do this on a yearly basis and get some hot gaming takes rolling?

Sounds like a wonderful idea! If you put together a nice OP for it I'll pin it for the first few weeks or so of it's existence.

May 8, 2006

yeah that's a cool idea!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

<me watching you post that while Im out for a walk in my white suit> Thats Rad.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

1: Cooking Mama joins Smash
3: Sonic finally dies
5: Xbox Xbox One Series Xbox X Box Series releases worldwide
10: World’s first Gamer world leader elected in USA

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I mean sure but it's fun to post hypotheticals rather than stuff we all know is going to happen.

May 8, 2006

Shadow Hearts returns, becomes Call of Duty level franchise

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Skies of Arcadia PC port

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh no I accidentally Darkest Dungeon for 3 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abudgvoLo1o

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

locking in my one year prediction as: Fire Emblem Echoes: Light of Jugdral

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Legitimate guess: in 10 years time someone will have made a Castlevania fangame covering the 1999 invasion of Dracula's Castle. It will copy a mix of Castlevania 3's character unlocking but with the post-SotN style of play. There will be references to the cast of Castlevania 64 and 64's various unfinished content. There will also be references to Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and Bloodlines. This will be a complete game and it will be impressive that it will have been finished at all but will be otherwise forgotten with the other Castlevania fangames. It will also receive a C&D to prevent distribution but this will not stop people from finding and sharing copies of it.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I've just discovered that DOS platformer Crystal Caves by Apogee is getting a "HD" remaster including a brand new episode and it comes out in 2 days! I can't wait to play through Crystal Caves again, hell it was one of the first PC games I ever played along with Commander Keen, Cosmo and Secret Agent. :3:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Best I can tell it's a real rear end remaster too, not just dosbox and a .cfg file. there's a gosh dang level editor

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's Prime Day. Give Jeff Bezos your money

or he will take it by force.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes I almost buy a kindle because I should read more but then I don't because idk if reading books on a screen would feel weird + who needs books when I can immerse myself in the incredible world of video games

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Getting a kindle rekindled (haha) my love of reading after a long drought. It's easy, accessible, cheap, and even if you forget to bring your kindle with you you can continue reading with the kindle app on your phone. I still read physical books but will buy ebooks if they're cheaper.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Help Im Alive posted:

Sometimes I almost buy a kindle because I should read more but then I don't because idk if reading books on a screen would feel weird + who needs books when I can immerse myself in the incredible world of video games
I exclusively read on a Kindle Paperwhite now. It's not really a screen in the same sense as tablets or phone. It looks pretty much like dynamically updatable printed text. Being able to search within the text, look up words, and get translations on the fly is cool and no unwieldy books to have to hold open. It got me to start reading regularly again.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Saint Freak posted:

It's Prime Day. Give Jeff Bezos your money

or he will take it by force.

hah, sucker. I already gave him my money.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The good thing about books is that you can drop them and step on them

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Our house has been going in deep on Thriftbooks purchases this year. Also I know exactly what bin and aisle you can find Kallax bookshelves at Ikea.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If you get a Kindle (or even the free Kindle app, or any ebook reader really) you can use your public library card to borrow ebooks without leaving the house. I don’t read as much as I used to but it’s nice to decide I want to read something I’ve heard about and effortlessly borrow it or put a hold on it, and it automatically is returned at the end of the loan so you don’t have to worry about any fees. I wound up turning my Amazon wishlist into a list of library books. If I want to read them again, I just borrow them again. If I want to recommend it to someone, they can get it from their library.

Pretty neat!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Booky posted:

the sushi place I'd frequent in the before times has something called a golden crunchy roll and i can't quite remember what actually goes in it but it's delicious and i usually get at least two plates of it

FirstAidKite posted:

Skies of Arcadia PC port

be still my heart...

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are the newer Kindles good for ready? Do even the entry models have backlight now?

I have an ancient one that still does the job whenever the mood takes me, but yeahhhh no backlight.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Infinitum posted:

Are the newer Kindles good for ready? Do even the entry models have backlight now?

I have an ancient one that still does the job whenever the mood takes me, but yeahhhh no backlight.

I have the Oasis (because I'm a rube) and it is great. They've made the frontlighting a bunch better than it used to be, but honestly I have a hard time recommending anything more than the Paperwhite to people.

I'm also not sure if you're just calling it a backlight because that's the common parlance, but it's not like you're staring a screen for the lit ones, they're shining and LED from the bezel onto the display so it's sort more accurately front-lit.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Jay Rust posted:

The good thing about books is that you can drop them and step on them

Ahhh, books and I have so much in common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
at last, I can become a vtuber irl