Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I can't believe they really put Lidar in the phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
the music, the script, the deadpan delivery... these people are very capable in their field but they suck as presenters

it feels like a silicon valleyesque parody

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

the panacea posted:

use it to make a DEM of the camera bump

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

mulligan posted:

but seriously these launches stopped being fun and are just so lame and condescending, I think this is the last one I pay attention to.

what if this next launch is for the AR goggles

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
so the iphone and the iphone pro have the same oled screen this year?

the only diff is the camera?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the panacea posted:

google put a radar in their phone and apple just copies what android does

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm the dude who puts his iPhone PRO (tm) on a tripod at night.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hmm summary screen doesn't mention touchid.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

literally forgot there was an event today, tuned in as they announced them no longer including a charger or earpods, lol

gonna keep on trucking with my iphone 8. if that suddenly exploded i'd probably just get an se. might be interested in something new if they put in that touchid side button from the ipad air but wouldn't be surprised if that takes them another 2 revisions because gently caress you.

lol at anyone who was hoping for USB-C, keep dreaming

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

miss timb, stebe and phil... it sounds weird but they brought some sort of showmanship... all these people named Kozargi and Jeesensa and presenting with the charisma of a wet paper towel and the loving Google music ugh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
thats a pretty cool video camera, i guess its also a phone

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mulligan posted:

miss timb, stebe and phil... it sounds weird but they brought some sort of showmanship... all these people named Kozargi and Jeesensa and presenting with the charisma of a wet paper towel and the loving Google music ugh

i'm going to quote the tremendous racism in this post so you can't edit it out later

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Perplx posted:

thats a pretty cool video camera, i guess its also a phone

it's also an ipod

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

are they trying to make phones into fashion by constantly changing the color options year to year. the army green 11 pro color is really nice

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

whatever apple magic these events had is gone with Senior EVP of Touch Interface Kazania and Eco Senior GM of Environment Issues for Deserts in the Americas Foliasteri Gozariouz and that loving music

the panacea
May 10, 2008

mulligan posted:

can't outshine the boss!

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

no touch id, guess i'm waiting until next year

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

carry on then posted:

buy android you idiots

ahahahahaha

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Puppy Galaxy posted:

loving same.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

hmm summary screen doesn't mention touchid.

wait what the hell is that big window under the power button? is it just an antenna window for 5G bands?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it's never coming back lol, they've made it very clear touchid is the low-cost alternative when faceid won't fit in the bim target

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Maximo Roboto posted:

what if this next launch is for the AR goggles

Gurman’s article makes it sound like it’s still a few years away. Also sounds like the project could just blow up given they had a bunch of departures and Ive pushed the AR team in a direction they didn’t want to go and then left Apple.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

also lol at the usb c cable with no power adapter. because i have so many usb c hubs and power adapters lying around the house. not!!!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Puppy Galaxy posted:

also lol at the usb c cable with no power adapter. because i have so many usb c hubs and power adapters lying around the house. not!!!

you have a macbook pro or macbook air on an otherwise completely empty, tastefully designed desk

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

lol at anyone who was hoping for USB-C, keep dreaming
I'm pretty sure they will eventually, just think: tim could use a single part for every product apple makes, think of the economies of scale

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

carry on then posted:

i'm going to quote the tremendous racism in this post so you can't edit it out later

love that you inmediatley saw race 🤔

whatever, products are still good and I'll wait for refurbs

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

qirex posted:

it's 15% thinner :eng101:

WHY DO THEY KEEP DOING THIS!?

STOP!!!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Pulcinella posted:

Gurman’s article makes it sound like it’s still a few years away. Also sounds like the project could just blow up given they had a bunch of departures and Ive pushed the AR team in a direction they didn’t want to go and then left Apple.

every ar project to date has a bunch of fundamental physics/optics problems nobody has overcome yet

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

mulligan posted:

love that you inmediatley saw race 🤔

whatever, products are still good and I'll wait for refurbs

you sound like a republican

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

cool unlocked iphones now cost more than the ones for at&t and verizon straight from the apple store

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

STOP!!!

it's like the tiny flip phone or phablet periods. a trend run amok.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

PIZZA.BAT posted:

STOP!!!

if they don't make it thinner, mkbhd and the verge will say bad things about them

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

lol the verge accidentally posted new beats headphones

quote:

Beats is today announcing what the company says are its “most affordable premium wireless earphones to date.” The new $49.99 Beats Flex earbuds are an evolution of the neckband-style Beats X from 2017; they now charge via USB-C, have longer battery life (12 hours), and the internals have been reworked for better sound quality and improved mic performance. They’ll be available starting on October 23rd in black, yellow, blue, or gray.

Like the Beats X, the Beats Flex have a lightweight “Flex-Form” cable that rests around the back of your neck when worn, and the earbuds can magnetically attach to each other when not in use. Beats has taken a cue from OnePlus this time around: your music will automatically pause when the buds are magnetically linked, and playback resumes once you put them in your ears.
Image: Beats

As for the sound quality refinements, here's what Beats says is new:

Beats Flex employs a proprietary layered driver with dual-chamber acoustics to achieve rich, balanced sound with outstanding stereo separation. Laser cut micro-venting and an optimized driver angle ensure ear pressure relief and accurate sound delivery. Additionally, an advanced digital processor fine-tunes the audio for accurate bass, precise mids, and low distortion across the frequency curve.

The Beats Flex earbuds charge over USB-C, marking a move away from Apple’s Lightning connector, which was used on the Beats X. But they retain the Apple W1 chip for instant pairing with iPhones or iPads and software features like audio sharing. Plugging them in for just 10 minutes will get you an hour and a half of listening time.
Image: Beats

Beats is announcing the Flex earbuds on the very same day that Apple is set to reveal the iPhone 12, which has been rumored to ship without any earbuds bundled in the box for the first time. If AirPods aren’t your thing, Beats is happy to try to fill that void with these new $50 earbuds.

But the move to USB-C is also a sign that Beats is making more of an effort to appeal to Android phone owners. The company offers an Android app that can be used for quick pairing and firmware updates. With Apple expected to unveil its own set of premium, noise-canceling headphones in the coming months, it makes sense for Beats to branch out beyond the Apple ecosystem.
article is gone now, I assume it'll be back in a couple hours it's back so I'm guessing they posted it like 5 minutes early?

qirex fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 13, 2020

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

PIZZA.BAT posted:

STOP!!!

the iphone 11 is a bit too thick and heavy and the battery life is more than fine

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
I assume the new macs are getting MagSafe that goes on the back of the screen?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

wtf, thjey removed headphones + charger but iphone12 costs 100$ more than 11??
tendency of rate of profit is down, so gotta do something, sorry poors

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PIZZA.BAT posted:

STOP!!!

you have a problem with this?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

as an aside it is pretty great that they featured photography of PoC models. we've come a long way from poo poo like Kodachrome being explicitly designed for Caucasian skin tones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just noticed the iphone 12 non-pro also has the side window, it's absolutely an antenna window and its ugly as poo poo. ugliest phones on the market but im still going to buy a mini