Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I like the new blue colored iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shifty Pony posted:

as an aside it is pretty great that they featured photography of PoC models. we've come a long way from poo poo like Kodachrome being explicitly designed for Caucasian skin tones.

i did laugh at the multiple shots of people of color driving vintage convertibles around. thats a traffic stop in 2020

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
i guess mrs. forstall is getting the pro max in gold this year, her 8 plus is showing age.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Anyways i dont give a single poo poo about anything they just talked about, i am not a professional photographer that makes money taking pics of wheat fields and neon signs, and more importantly I am not their target market of would-be Instagram superstars that spend money so they can take pics of wheat fields and neon signs.

no touchid = hard pass

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

lol the trade in value of an iphone 11 is only $450

doesn't matter how much storage it has

lol

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

thank god they’re adding colors. nothing bothers me more than boring rear end people with the same liquid aluminum extensions of their arms.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it would be funny if just once they showed what the rigs for those "this hollywood movie was shot on iphone" videos look like, it's a huge cage mounted on a steadicam with 20 grand in lenses and external recorders mounted on it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

Anyways i dont give a single poo poo about anything they just talked about, i am not a professional photographer that makes money taking pics of wheat fields and neon signs, and more importantly I am not their target market of would-be Instagram superstars that spend money so they can take pics of wheat fields and neon signs.

no touchid = hard pass

yeah, i'm having a hard time imagining giving that much of a gently caress about my cell phone snapshots.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
the ceramic shield is the most compelling feature for me, my SE 2 is scratched to poo poo already

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Perplx posted:

the ceramic shield is the most compelling feature for me, my SE 2 is scratched to poo poo already

Scratches at a level 5, with deeper grooves at a level 6.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

it would be funny if just once they showed what the rigs for those "this hollywood movie was shot on iphone" videos look like, it's a huge cage mounted on a steadicam with 20 grand in lenses and external recorders mounted on it

You can get a lot done with a DJI osmo but yeah they've got those things strapped into an enormous rig

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

qirex posted:

lol

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

when are we going to get RED cameras in the iPhone

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

you buy 16 phones and what do you get?
another day older and deeper in debt
don’t call me st Peter cause I can’t go
I owe my soul to the Apple store

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

power botton posted:

Apple will finally sell expandable storage in the form of Red cards.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

power botton posted:

just buy the red phone oh wait you can't was $1300 and it sucked and was only on sale for like 4 months

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

wtf is the phone doing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

lol the verge accidentally posted new beats headphones

article is gone now, I assume it'll be back in a couple hours it's back so I'm guessing they posted it like 5 minutes early?

thanks for the press release, the verge

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

wtf is the phone doing

being a CCD with some flash storage. thats it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
as someone who cares about the oled screen but doesnt about the camera this is a pretty great update. i can now buy the cheaper iphone and they even made a smaller size. thanks for the $300 savings tim

poty fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 13, 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

oh wow!!! the superior iPhone 4/5 body is back!!!

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
The 12 Pro Max is slightly over half a pound (228 grams for our non-:911: friends). :eyepop:

Edit: At least throw in a free fitness subscription with it timb!

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

wtf why aren't all the original SE fans clamoring about the 12 mini

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i still love the home button so i can't 100% endorse the new small pohone

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Maximo Roboto posted:

because it doesn't cost four hundred dollars

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

President Beep posted:

yeah, i'm having a hard time imagining giving that much of a gently caress about my cell phone snapshots.

yep, my xs does a very good job at it and better with a raw shot and some tweaking. the only selling point is night photos but where the gently caress am i going at night in crazy pandemic world 2020?

if anything, this is a good pitch to skip an upgrade and buy my dad a se2 to replace his 6 instead of giving him my my current phone. his current case will fit it and it has all the features he knows like touchid and a home button

the mini looks interesting and is perhaps the platonic ideal of big screen goofy notch iphone but again no compelling reason to change what works right now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it's going to be cool when i can buy an iphone 12 mini shaped android for like $200

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
*me, whispering to the gurgling, gently trembling brood of young growing inside the pockmarks on my leathery back*

"young ones! timb has finally made a phone for us"

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the ceramic shield is to protect you from the 5g

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Vintersorg posted:

oh wow!!! the superior iPhone 4/5 body is back!!!

no joke the case matching the 5/ipad pro 2018 design is the best change here. all the grip comfort and none of the sharp edges and dings

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Last Chance posted:

i still love the home button so i can't 100% endorse the new small pohone

qirex posted:

because it doesn't cost four hundred dollars

True, tbh the cheapness of the SE and its retention of most of the pre-X form factor is more compelling to me than small size. But I thought most SE lovers are obsessed with small

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
always a pleasure to hear from the staring-lovingly-at-phones-without-using-them crowd

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Maximo Roboto posted:

True, tbh the cheapness of the SE and its retention of most of the pre-X form factor is more compelling to me than small size. But I thought most SE lovers are obsessed with small

also touch id.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rjmccall posted:

always a pleasure to hear from the staring-lovingly-at-phones-without-using-them crowd

thats what happens with thousand dollar phones

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

PUT the iPAD OS 14.1 update on my iPAAD tim.

tired of this poo poo:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i cant afford any phone though lol

yay new house - i got an X free thru work so that's good enough

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i dunno, when i bought my $1300 phone for $400 i was like, drat, i better use this thing

and since i used to have an ipad but stopped using it because my phone was just fine i guess it's worked out

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Maximo Roboto posted:

we are, but also it was leaked before the event, and it's a phone, so who gives a gently caress?

i've been using an se for four years. i'll probably buy this thing whenever my contract comes up for renewal

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

apple tipped their hand with usb c and the touchid button on the ipad air, I'm waiting for that in a phone. I shoot for a 3-4 year upgrade cycle anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

dang. those amazon iphone lens kits are really something else.