Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zaphod42 posted:

Bloodborne 60fps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0tqppZDYxw

Already people are arguing that it looks worse, and I'm reminded of the journalists who reviewed Bloodborne at E3 and said it was "more cinematic or something"

Definitely live-action filmed at 24fps looks more cinematic than high frame rates, and interpolated hand-drawn animation can have weird artifacts and ruin the artistry, but with 3d graphics?
I think that's pretty silly. Especially in a fast-paced environment like a souls game.

Looks good to me.

That's gorgeous. It's stoked my yearning for a PC version.

And the people who say games feel more cinematic at 30fps are as idiotic as people who thought The Hobbit was better at 48fps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

stev posted:

And the people who say games feel more cinematic at 30fps are as idiotic as people who thought The Hobbit was better at 48fps.

Hey now, the Hobbit movies sucked big time and the 48fps part was at least interesting.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

stev posted:

I'm one of the weirdos who kinda likes high frame rate in films, but even I'll admit that Directors should use it sparingly and with intent.

Like, having the action sequences at 48fps adds so much clarity, you don't really realize how blurry everything gets when the camera moves at 24fps, but at 48 its crystal clear.

But just parts where people are talking to each other? That makes it look like actors on set talking to each other. 24fps helps blur things enough to make them look magic. Good for locked-off shots or slow-paced moments.

I think eventually Hollywood will go that way, using both. Like the opposite of a slo-mo shot.

Dewgy posted:

Hey now, the Hobbit movies sucked big time and the 48fps part was at least interesting.

Yeah pretty much. :haw:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't know about Demon Souls but Bloodborne didn't even get a pro patch.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

and thank god for that

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What's Westernised about the DS remake?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

What's Westernised about the DS remake?

It's being developed by westerners (Bluepoint is based in Austin) so it's automatically inferior to a True Japanese Game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

i fundamentally lack the par tof the brain that makes me want to collect things and i feel overall its a net positive in my life

i used to collect lots of things as a kid but my ocd made collections into painful anxiety that they weren't perfect complete collections properly displayed so i decided that i would just try to have no collections at all because that is very easy collecting goal to 100% although sometimes i catch myself with surprise collections developing and i have to think of some way to be rid of them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The only things that need fixing in DeS is add a plunging attack and maybe reduce the damage spells do. Or don't and leave them broken, it doesn't really matter

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My bookshelf (which contains both my books and physical video games) is a collection of memories, not of objects, and thus 100% completion is not applicable to it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

haveblue posted:

It's being developed by westerners (Bluepoint is based in Austin) so it's automatically inferior to a True Japanese Game
it's true

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cheetah7071 posted:

The only things that need fixing in DeS is add a plunging attack and maybe reduce the damage spells do. Or don't and leave them broken, it doesn't really matter

Delete the scraping spear

e: sell a one-shot version as DLC

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its gonna look purdy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

brb grabbing my wallet

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

I want all collectors editions to come with actual useful tools instead of overpriced shaped plastic lumps.

Give me videogame themed cookware!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Codeacious posted:

I want all collectors editions to come with actual useful tools instead of overpriced shaped plastic lumps.

Is this useful

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Codeacious posted:

Never 4get the Batarang.

That fucker would've been lethal if it wasn't welded to a stand.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Is this useful

This is annoying. If you’re making a zombie shelter pre-zombie-apocalypse, you don’t need to make it look like Fallout, just use normal person materials like a normal person would

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
it seems like a zombie apocalypse means you don't need diapers, you're allowed to just poo poo on the floor at that point

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Help Im Alive posted:

Is this useful

Seems like a good deal at that price, tbh

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Relax Or DIE posted:

it seems like a zombie apocalypse means you don't need diapers, you're allowed to just poo poo on the floor at that point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg30bXfz2JQ

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

I said come in! posted:

Working through the Might and Magic series, starting with 9. I finished that game, it really loving sucks. Maybe it's just because its a very dated game and it was better back in the day, but this was not fun to play in any way.

9 was legitimately the worst M&M game of all the numbered entries. And that includes the weird early ones!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

haveblue posted:

Delete the scraping spear

I'm very curious to see if they take a purist approach and maintain magic and things like scraping spear as-is (probably?) or if they try to rebalance everything.

The biggest question to me is What happens to world tendency

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

don't ruin demon's by removing the scraping spear

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also will they add a sin/absolution mechanic or can you still gently caress your whole save by murdering the blacksmith or stash guy

Weedle
May 31, 2006

scraping spear available exclusively as a gamestop pre-order bonus

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Weedle posted:

you're a monster :cheeky:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Weedle posted:

Calm down, Satan.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i finished luigi's mansion 3 several days ago and very much enjoyed it but it's only now occurring to me that the final boss doesn't use the super suction mechanic introduced kinda late at all. like what the heck, such a missed opportunity!

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Help Im Alive posted:

Is this useful

:laffo:

Did the house actually get built? Or lived in?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

Also will they add a sin/absolution mechanic or can you still gently caress your whole save by murdering the blacksmith or stash guy

That already is in DeS though. It’s called NG+ :unsmigghh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codeacious posted:

:laffo:

Did the house actually get built? Or lived in?

I cant find anything on Google that suggests anyone purchased this.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Remembering how that one guy who writes the OFFICIAL Minecraft books also wrote a few books about Zombies and in one of them said a Gamecube will not help you during the fall of civilization.

I can think of many situations where someone or something is blocking your path and a Gamecube would come in handy. More than possibly any other console at the time.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ive been playing a bunch of amazing cultivation simulator aka chinese fantasy rimworld. its v good but weird and complicated and ive realised 60 days in all of my mistakes mean i should probably start again, bu ti dont want to do that so im going to play something else now and come back to it sometime in the future. v cool tho, once you work out all the bizarre arcane mechanics. also the default difficulty settings are way too easy/quiet.

in memoriam

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the few things i've read seem strange enough that the game sounds cool. my biggest issue with rimworld is that I have a hard time deciding what to actually do (that's on me, not a flaw in the game imo.) Does this one have any more direction to it?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yes its laser focused on the specific mechanic of pushing your disciples into godhood but theres tons of stuff you wont work out and cant all be adequately explained beforehand in a way that makes sense that determine very heavily how long that process takes and if it will even be largely successful, def relies even more than rimworld on rolling for good characters to start out with. and the default difficulty is very very relaxed in both resource requirements for feeding ppl etc and events.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theres also more of a main storyline but it very quickly becomes incredibly obtuse w progression gated behind its weird conversation system

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Doesn’t sound v good at all!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

my brain desires the most unapproachable and player ambivalent gaming experiences