Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm very glad Ina has become the dad joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm very glad Ina has become the dad joker.

Elder Gods tell dad jokes. :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Raenir Salazar posted:

Elder Gods tell dad jokes. :)

:hmmyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/PasokonGal/status/1316148292129107970?s=19

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

:whitewater:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

I mean its only fair. Fubuki has Mio-waifu, Matsuri-waifu, Watame-waifu and Flare-waifu already. Would this count as a tangential waifu?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Ina's voice betrays her ability at minecraft; the soothing, calm voice does not go with the utter efficiency at which she's finishing everything she wants to do today.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lyer posted:

Ina's voice betrays her ability at minecraft; the soothing, calm voice does not go with the utter efficiency at which she's finishing everything she wants to do today.

Contrasting Gura who pretty much only accomplished putting a door on her house.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
What most impressed me was her ability to get back home without using coordinates.

MonsterEnvy posted:

She also made a tiny farm for wheat she never used, got a couple cows for no particular reason and moved Joergen from Ame's house to the same pen as the cows.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Speaking of Minecraft, Moona is hooked, and quite good at it. She streamed it for 7 hours the other day, and previously built a pretty amazing secret stairway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39oYWYVyfFk

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think Ina is literally going to feed the EN team while they build out their village with the farm she's quickly making. I know Kiara has some vegetable fields too, but uhhh I trust Ina's ability to get poo poo done more. Her and Amelia are basically building out the infrastructure for the server lol.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 14, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finally, Infrastructure Week is here.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ibblebibble posted:

Finally, Infrastructure Week is here.

:hmmyes:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Usada Construction's grip on the market has gone unabated for long enough. Akukin Construction threw the first stone, but it'll be Ina Infrastructure and Amelia Architecture that'll bust that monopoly wide open! :capitalism:

Either that or Pekora will embark on a campaign to blow up the EN server. 50/50 odds.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Tsilkani posted:

Speaking of Minecraft, Moona is hooked, and quite good at it. She streamed it for 7 hours the other day, and previously built a pretty amazing secret stairway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39oYWYVyfFk

Her hidden basement entrance is leagues above what the girls are building on the JP end. She's is going to blow some minds when her senpai's see it.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

SilverMike posted:

So wait. Idiots are getting mad because some South Koreans didn't mention Chinese military sacrifice for North Korea. The gently caress is wrong with the world?

It's just wild to me because this doesn't mention Taiwan at all and is just about South Korea and the US' involvement/partnership. It's not like they gave North Korea (lol) props for putting up a good fight but left out China or anything. It's somehow a bigger deal because you have both South Korean companies in China reacting and Chinese officials reacting, whereas Haachama and Coco were basically entirely on the random internet nationalists.

And this is what happens when one of the cornerstones of your national and foreign policy is using dogwhistles as your secret handshake with everyone and not just your in-group.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

Alright so I've just been watching clips from the thread and the holo live crew but while just browsing YouTube the almighty algorithm has recommended me Peekora trolling people in Minecraft and I'm falling deep into this rabbit hole now. She's genuinely funny but some of the pranks I've seen her pull are extremely well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73tdmtX5KXw

Like I saw another poster in the thread mention, I've had a bit of an itch for Minecraft Let's Play's that are kinda impossible to go back to now and this is probably better than most of what I used to watch already

that video thumbnail crosses like ten different wires in my brain

holoEN playing minecraft has gotten me playing vanilla again and drat it is really different than even having just JEI or whatever.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Hololive has tricked me into giving minecraft a go and uhhhh single player is a very different experience. Well, not so different from Gura's I guess.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Hololive has tricked me into giving minecraft a go and uhhhh single player is a very different experience. Well, not so different from Gura's I guess.

I feel like for single player you want to look into mods as soon as you got a good handle on things to make it more like factorio or add a more RPG like experience to it.

If you like lego and building massive sprawling megaprojects than its like crack and very zen like but I find it hard to come back to it because I feel like I know there's a goal and that once you meet the goal there's not much else.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brunom1 posted:

Either that or Pekora will embark on a campaign to blow up the EN server. 50/50 odds.

Pekora summons a Wither in the EN server dooming it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lyer posted:

To be fair to the others, Ina's goals all involved staying above ground and never having to be awake at night, which meant she was never in any real danger barring the odd creeper spawn that can happen.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Raenir Salazar posted:

I feel like for single player you want to look into mods as soon as you got a good handle on things to make it more like factorio or add a more RPG like experience to it.

If you like lego and building massive sprawling megaprojects than its like crack and very zen like but I find it hard to come back to it because I feel like I know there's a goal and that once you meet the goal there's not much else.

how do i make it so my stuff doesn't despawn after 5 minutes

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Argas posted:

It's just wild to me because this doesn't mention Taiwan at all and is just about South Korea and the US' involvement/partnership. It's not like they gave North Korea (lol) props for putting up a good fight but left out China or anything. It's somehow a bigger deal because you have both South Korean companies in China reacting and Chinese officials reacting, whereas Haachama and Coco were basically entirely on the random internet nationalists.

And this is what happens when one of the cornerstones of your national and foreign policy is using dogwhistles as your secret handshake with everyone and not just your in-group.

I believe that its because saying the US is involved is the reason that its become a thing. Coco and Haachama mentioning Taiwan is the catalyst but if you look at most of the smear campaigns and twitter spam they've been directed at Coco because the extreme nationalist see her as the "American target" that they can direct their hate to. Haachama's twitter has actually gotten much less in the way of hate messages and spam in comparison to Coco and based on some of the information I've been following they main push by the extreme Chinese nationalist was Coco and Haachama(being Japanese but from Japan) is just collateral. They can't go after Youtube (ie. Google) because they are too big of an American company but they can try to pin all of that on Coco having lived in America and thus can be sacrificed for their cause. What they didn't expect was how much international support Coco had and their willingness to engage the antis. This coupled with Gura (they decided not to target her because she was too big and did not reside in Japan) outright paying tribute to Coco in song and Fubuki tweeting about future plans has caught their push off guard. The real test will be what happens with the 3 weeks are up and what final push they do. If they get sucked up with the BTS stuff it'll cripple their plans which will be a good thing. After that Cover needs to decide how it wants to handle Billibilli and doing business with them.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When will holoen play ARK. That's the content I want to see. Minecraft ftl.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Brunom1 posted:

Usada Construction's grip on the market has gone unabated for long enough. Akukin Construction threw the first stone, but it'll be Ina Infrastructure and Amelia Architecture that'll bust that monopoly wide open! :capitalism:

Well, she has been experimenting with death machines, giant demonic portals, and is soon to discover flying TNT machines so I would say Usada construction is in a good spot. Like, who is going to compete with the rabbit that's crazy enough to build a slime farm by hand.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tabletops posted:

which... stuff

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When will holoen play ARK. That's the content I want to see. Minecraft ftl.

Probably when Coco returns. Though I wonder about the ping playing on the JP server. Ark is already janky enough with good ping.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tabletops posted:

You don't unless you install a mod.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Your items might despawn if you're in the chunk for 5 minutes if you died, in that case there's a tombstone mod which will collect your things into a breakable block.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Lyer posted:

Such is the power of a triple Legend

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Raenir Salazar posted:

Your items might despawn if you're in the chunk for 5 minutes if you died, in that case there's a tombstone mod which will collect your things into a breakable block.

which one should i use

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tabletops posted:

which one should i use

I haven't played minecraft in forever but its an extremely common mod I'm sure there's like 1 of two options in the twitch mod manager that will come up for you.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Tabletops posted:

which one should i use

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718099

modded minecraft thread, you'll probably get quicker and more specific answers there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hey so if you see Gura suddenly changing her emotes, this is why.

https://twitter.com/dokibird/status/1316194316566458369

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tae posted:

Hey so if you see Gura suddenly changing her emotes, this is why.

https://twitter.com/dokibird/status/1316194316566458369

I hope Gura gets her money back.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

re: minecraft mods, the server I've been playing on uses a mod where you just don't drop your stuff when you die. That might be a much easier solution than non-despawning.

Corpse runs are boring.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

you don't even need a mod for that, just put gamerule keepInventory true in the console.

If the world was created without cheats enabled, you can open to lan plus allow cheats to turn it on, and the command is saved even if you go back to non-lan play.

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
If you're hungry or want to see some good cooking, Aki Rose is doing a Hamburg cooking stream for 290k subs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESo3w2bSwso

Greader
Oct 11, 2012
Think you can also type "/gamerule keepInventory true" into chat (might need to have cheats enabled though). That way you can just keep your inventory on death and not worry about losing potentially hours of progress because you acccidenly walked into lava.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I hope Gura gets her money back.

Did she pay?