Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Zerot posted:

Huh, surprised the account deleted it.

Here's another tweet.

https://twitter.com/xThe0x0/status/1316093263288434691?s=20

I mean, this is what the PC version has already looked like from the start. This isn't that impressive looking either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I mean, this is what the PC version has already looked like from the start. This isn't that impressive looking either way.

We will have to see what information comes out when the embargo ends, but 4k60 with ultra settings is pretty demanding on PC. There's also a 120hz mode.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Play it on hard i guess

Combat was very not my style and the thought of making what was already boring even longer seems dreadful unless your joke was I would have possibly quit instead of finishing the game in which case yeah thats true.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

Welcome to next-gen gaming.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Combat was very not my style and the thought of making what was already boring even longer seems dreadful unless your joke was I would have possibly quit instead of finishing the game in which case yeah thats true.

didn't you like the lake?
the lake was v good fun to explore.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://giant.gfycat.com/EarnestScaredBunny.mp4

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

didn't you like the lake?
the lake was v good fun to explore.

I got to the lake and just kind of sighed. I tried doing some side content and hit some monster that was multiple levels above me and after slooooooooowly chipping away at it and then seeing another one spawn went "well I guess Ill come back later" and just never did because by the end I 100% did not want any more content.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thats some goty quality masked loading going on

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

You know what? I never looked at these as loading screens. I totally see it now though.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im so excited for these to go away. Don't throw me down the rope, or fumble with the shutter, just get to it.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I knew the Dragon Engine was a beast but goddamn, for Yakuza: Like A Dragon they legit have a 1080p mode for the Series X because it's not locked 60fps otherwise. Weirdly, they also have a mode that's 1440p that's usually 60fps but has drops, as well as true 4K but only 30fps max with drops. (And DF tested in case the 1080p mode was actually 120fps but it isn't).

I think this is gonna be a PC playthrough for me.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Depends on denuvo for me

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently the thing chonks out 2080 cards too, so theres just something about it that wrecks hardware.

I only have a 1080p ancient TV so 60FPS baaaaaybeeee

mem
Sep 1, 2005
1440 with VRR it is. Seems like my hdmi 2.0 tv might be enough to pull through this gen. Can do 4k60, 1440p120, and 1080p120 with VRR on all three.

I'm actually not bothered too much by 30fps but it is jarring going from higher refresh rates to a 30fps game. Borderlands 3 felt terrible after playing Rage 2 on the one x. After 30 minutes or so my brain seems to adjust though.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Should we all be buying HDMI 2.1 cables to upgrade our cables?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

Should we all be buying HDMI 2.1 cables to upgrade our cables?

It'll come with the console

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
What size batteries do HDMI 2.1 cables require? Can I use my eneloops.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

just power it from your pepper grinder

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Crafty posted:

What size batteries do HDMI 2.1 cables require? Can I use my eneloops.

Powered HDMI cables usually just plug into a USB port. You can rest any kind of battery on said cable, though.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Does anyone still use their Kinect to turn their Xbox on?

“Xbox on”

Everytime I hear those words it’s not just the xbox getting turned on, if you know what I mean

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Barudak posted:

Im so excited for these to go away. Don't throw me down the rope, or fumble with the shutter, just get to it.

I'm sure some devs will still cling to moments like that, because they're "emotional character development and player investment" or something.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Crafty posted:

“Xbox on”

Everytime I hear those words it’s not just the xbox getting turned on, if you know what I mean

Not the Kinect, but I do use Google home to do it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

ErrEff posted:

I'm sure some devs will still cling to moments like that, because they're "emotional character development and player investment" or something.

Mass Effect 1 elevator talk was pretty fun though.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Crafty posted:

“Xbox on”

I remember when my friend got a Bone right after launch, my favorite thing to do when we were drinking was yell “XBOX OFF” when he was in the middle of a game

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Here's some new information I hadn't seen about the Microsoft/GameStop deal, which I had thought was just a deal for modernizing GameStop's infrastructure with Microsoft branded devices and services. If this information is correct and I'm understanding it right, GameStop is going to be getting a piece of all digital sales from Xbox consoles sold at GameStop.

https://twitter.com/DOMOCAPITAL/status/1316173476777136128

I hope there's more reporting on this. It's super interesting and I don't know how I feel about it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zerot posted:

Here's some new information I hadn't seen about the Microsoft/GameStop deal, which I had thought was just a deal for modernizing GameStop's infrastructure with Microsoft branded devices and services. If this information is correct and I'm understanding it right, GameStop is going to be getting a piece of all digital sales from Xbox consoles sold at GameStop.

https://twitter.com/DOMOCAPITAL/status/1316173476777136128

I hope there's more reporting on this. It's super interesting and I don't know how I feel about it.

this is ms going full court now. I expect them to try and turn more retailers into xbox promoters by tying sales to digital revenue kickbacks like this the same way i expect them to continue swallowing up IP.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Throw a bone to a dying company and get thousands of Xbox retail stores overnight. I like it. (As a business move, idgaf about gamestop).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's an interesting way to try and bring retail stores along into the digital world.

I think I kind of prefer Wal-Mart's strategy of just pricing new physical releases for $10 cheaper though still.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Is this a good choice for cold storage / backcompat games for next gen

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNTFHD5/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Hf2HFbM9M1VR1

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

AdmiralViscen posted:

Is this a good choice for cold storage / backcompat games for next gen

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNTFHD5/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_Hf2HFbM9M1VR1

Yes.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Some day one of your parents will injure their arm and have trouble manipulating their small wooden salt and pepper grinders but not want to use pre-ground pepper, so they'll buy a pair of the motorised versions with a simple button on top and even some LEDs to light up your food as you grind, and after you make a comment about them they keep bringing them out when you visit for dinner in what's become a harmless family in-joke. And each of them needs 4 AA batteries. It's not that extreme an example.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

are the LEDs addressable?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

how big is this pepper grinder that houses 4 AA batteries?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I have my pepper grinder hooked up to an app on my phone so I can have it start grinding pepper while I'm on my way home. Saves time.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

1glitch0 posted:

I have my pepper grinder hooked up to an app on my phone so I can have it start grinding pepper while I'm on my way home. Saves time.

Alexa, initiate peppercorn production

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can’t you just drop the pepper in the all in one blender series x

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
You can grate cheese into the series X vent and then flip it over to dispense evenly, like a big cheese shaker

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ethanol posted:

Can’t you just drop the pepper in the all in one blender series x

The series S lacks a pepper insertion chute

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Ur saying it plays halo 6??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Bad Parenting posted:

how big is this pepper grinder that houses 4 AA batteries?

I was curious and this is one variant I found on Amazon.

Anyway there is only one type of handheld battery-powered device that should be operated with one hand.

That's right.