Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

Unions are so, so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Unions are so, so good

Cop unions are not good, but that goes without saying.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Khanstant posted:

It's an odd gesture, but when your livelihood is based around the devil you make some weird symbolic sacrifices I guess? WoW is a strong drug, if not for this news last night I would've fallen prey to the pre-patch email they sent me.

Oh, I didn't know they were a streamer

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

Cop unions are not good, but that goes without saying.

Cop unions aren't unions because cops aren't workers.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Cop unions aren't unions because cops aren't workers.

Or people for that matter.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

how do I get money for deleting battle.net

£40 every two years for expansions and £120 every year in subs.

A penny saved is a penny earned!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh, I didn't know they were a streamer

Yeah, it's two people who do WoW specific content but they're relatively good people and I've seen them have to grip with Blizzard being lovely a few times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Every single time since the Blizzcon disaster that had the Diablo Mobile announcement, Blizzard has done something controversial and bad that corresponded with the major release of a content update or game. I appreciate that they remind me each time to stay the gently caress away.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

It's shocking how irrelevant Battle.net became. It was a fairly decent launcher (minus the always running background process) that just got wasted away on a company who thought Blizzard's pedigree as a studio could carry them forever.

By the way, is the Warcraft 3 remaster still busted as poo poo?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What was wrong with Diablo Mobile, besides being a thing no one asked for?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codeacious posted:

It's shocking how irrelevant Battle.net became. It was a fairly decent launcher (minus the always running background process) that just got wasted away on a company who thought their pedigree as a studio could carry them forever.

By the way, is the Warcraft 3 remaster still busted as poo poo?

Yes, Blizzard abandoned the remaster. Originally they promised everyone that all of the character models, and cutscenes would get the remaster treatment, but then later on announced they canceled these plans and the game would be left on maintenance mode.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Its announcement at Blizzcon was just awkward and weird. It was the textbook definition of not reading the room. Two years later and Diablo Mobile is still not out yet, and there has been no updates on its status in those two years.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Jay Rust posted:

Nothing, nerds are just terrible. Gamers acted like we were getting Diablo mobile instead of a new game and pitched a fit.

Not to excuse gamers, but Blizzard did also hype it and used it as their show closing big announcement because they're stupid. That didn't help things.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mango sentinel posted:

Nothing, nerds are just terrible. Gamers acted like we were getting Diablo mobile instead of a new game and pitched a fit.

Not to excuse gamers, but Blizzard did also hype it and used it as their show closing big announcement because they're stupid. That didn't help things.

Uh no, that's super wrong. For starters people found out that Diablo Mobile was literally just a reskin of another mobile action RPG made by the same company (Blizzard outsourced the entire project to a Chinese developer). It was beat for beat the exact same game, including art assets, abilities, skills, and characters.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

cybercrunch 2077 hours a week

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1316384649577402368

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I've heard that unions can help with this issue.

But also, yeah, gently caress CDPR.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Uh no, that's super wrong. For starters people found out that Diablo Mobile was literally just a reskin of another mobile action RPG made by the same company (Blizzard outsourced the entire project to a Chinese developer). It was beat for beat the exact same game, including art assets, abilities, skills, and characters.

That doesn’t seem like a big deal at all!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

mango sentinel posted:

It's definitely not the fault of gamers that Blizzard's big Diablo reveal (which they'd been hyping for ages) was the worst possible thing it could have been.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

What does that have to do with what I said? :confused:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
What I'm hearing is it's time to gas the Blizzard subforum and give it to uh poo poo um....Supergiant Games? Have they done anything bad?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Organize digital employees

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

What I'm hearing is it's time to gas the Blizzard subforum and give it to uh poo poo um....Supergiant Games? Have they done anything bad?

People here have been asking for this to happen for years. It really should just happen already. Blizzard/Activision titles shouldnt be welcomed here.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Woof, those CDPR comments really encourage second thoughts about Cyberpunk. Was Witcher 3 development like that too? The Reddit comment heavily implies yes.

I said come in! posted:

Yes, Blizzard abandoned the remaster. Originally they promised everyone that all of the character models, and cutscenes would get the remaster treatment, but then later on announced they canceled these plans and the game would be left on maintenance mode.

And still banning people talking about refunds too, I'd imagine. drat, that's disgusting. Did they even restore the ability to play old WC3?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

CottonWolf posted:

I've heard that unions can help with this issue.

But also, yeah, gently caress CDPR.

Every delay reinforces my belief that the Witcher 3 was a fluke and CDPR knows Cyberpunk is going to be bad, they're just trying to lessen how bad the game is going to be.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Codeacious posted:

Woof, those CDPR comments really encourage second thoughts about Cyberpunk. Was Witcher 3 development like that too? The Reddit comment heavily implies yes.

And still banning people talking about refunds too, I'd imagine. drat, that's disgusting. Did they even restore the ability to play old WC3?

Witcher 3 development was bad, but this sounds like it is significantly worst. For original Warcraft 3, no its gone for good unless you have the discs.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Blizzard's truly so determined to gently caress up their games that not even their earlier titles are safe.

It'd be easier for them to just restore old WC3 instead of maintain a busted remaster.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Arrrthritis posted:

Every delay reinforces my belief that the Witcher 3 was a fluke and CDPR knows Cyberpunk is going to be bad, they're just trying to lessen how bad the game is going to be.

Thing is, Witcher 2 was a fantastic game too. I can completely believe that they're basically Rockstar in that they can put out incredible stuff, but not without killing their workers to do it.

I'd be genuinely shocked if Cyberpunk doesn't come out to near universal acclaim.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Yeah, Transistor

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Rockstar making now anyways

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Massive stacks of cash selling virtual GTA V currency.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Massive stacks of cash selling virtual GTA V currency.

Billions of dollars a year, on top of GTAV being the best selling video game of all time, and early next year GTAV is going free to play and will have PS5/Series X enhancements. No more 5 minute load times. :toot:

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

CottonWolf posted:

Thing is, Witcher 2 was a fantastic game too. I can completely believe that they're basically Rockstar in that they can put out incredible stuff, but not without killing their workers to do it.

I'd be genuinely shocked if Cyberpunk doesn't come out to near universal acclaim.

imo that's a very generous use of the word fantastic. Witcher 2 had some pretty interesting concepts and a cool execution of a branching storyline, but the moment-to-moment gameplay was not enjoyable.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Help Im Alive posted:

GTA V content

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Arrrthritis posted:

imo that's a very generous use of the word fantastic. Witcher 2 had some pretty interesting concepts and a cool execution of a branching storyline, but the moment-to-moment gameplay was not enjoyable.

Each to their own I guess, it got me to play through it 3-4 times, at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think I'll pass on Cyberpunk, then. I'm not naive enough to think most of the games I own weren't made under similar conditions, but I do know their studios weren't dumb enough to publicly announce "we won't grind our labor into dust" before beginning development.

I'll be playing Yakuza and enjoying it in blissful ignorance of the blood shed to make it. Dangit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There is no ethical gaming under capitalism

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

There is no ethical gaming under capitalism

Yes there is, choose the good option instead of the evil one

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

the battle net launcher isnt good, its like bizarrely slow and unresponsive which ihad thought was just my old pc but since upgrading and putting it on a good ssd it still sucks majorly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

every single company just completely unable to make something that launches games normally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

At least now cyberpunk has now instantiated its criticisms of capitalism into a clearly visible form.