Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I remember when people were pissed off at Vivendi/Blizzard for screwing over Blizzard North, now that's the good old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Kestral posted:

Is this the place to ask about controllers for PC gaming? I'm having some wrist issues that I'm trying to prevent from turning into RSI, so I'm looking into getting a decent gamepad and working with that for a while. Always preferred PlayStation controllers to Xbox ones, and I'd prefer wireless to wired, but I'm flexible. Any recommendations?

I use a DS4 on my PC and it works pretty well for the most part, and there is a program (DS4Windows) you can download for successful compatibility if you are playing non-Steam games.

An alternate is the 8BitDo controllers, which are supposed to be great as well, but evoke a more Nintendo vibe than Xbox or Playstation. Once my DS4 dies, I'm probably going to switch to this on: 8BitDo SN30 Pro+.

*Note: if you use a DS4 and need DS4Windows, make sure you use the one from ryochan7, and not Jay2Kings. The former picked up the project after the latter abandoned it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
actiblizzion

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Please do not continue this slapfight. I will make a post with my mod voice on when I'm not phoneposting.

e: the slapfight about posters, blizzardchat is fine

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I think I still have my WC3 discs in a box somewhere. Are those worth money now that the remaster broke WC3?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Awesome Animals posted:

I think I still have my WC3 discs in a box somewhere. Are those worth money now that the remaster broke WC3?

There's still :filez: so I don't think the collector's value has really been affected, sorry

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kerrzhe posted:

if all the people who made Blizzard good in the old days are gone and the company name has been sort of haphazardly pasted on to another, much worse company's name to try and ride the coattails of goodwill that blizzard once had, is it still the same Blizzard?

the answer is no. also the old blizzard folks are Dreamhaven now

Well some entity called Blizzard is currently handling all of the old Blizzard properties so I’ll still call them Blizzard

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The games that come out of the Blizzard Entertainment building in Irvine, CA, are poop. The people that work there are awesome I am sure, minus the ones that run the joint, but the games are poop because the people running the poo poo show are assholes that are greedy.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Zaphod42 posted:

There's still :filez: so I don't think the collector's value has really been affected, sorry

drat. But what if I told you they're in cracked jewel cases to really lean into the nostalgia factor?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I said come in! posted:

The games that come out of the Blizzard Entertainment building in Irvine, CA, are poop. The people that work there are awesome I am sure, minus the ones that run the joint, but the games are poop because the people running the poo poo show are assholes that are greedy.

assholes make poop. It checks out.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zaphod42 posted:

assholes make poop. It checks out.

Actually I think you will find assholes do not make poop and poop is made in the intestines.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Actually I think you will find assholes do not make poop and poop is made in the intestines.

they do release poop, though

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

blizzard leaving gamers out in the cold...how appropriate........

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Weedle posted:

they do release poop, though

:hmmyes:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

poo is stored in the bowels

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I do personally know someone who just got a job this year at Blizzard Entertainment in their Irvine office, and its their dream job according to them. Been curious about how they like it, but not about to ask because its none of my business.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

is there a thread for amazing cultiviation sim or am i the only person on earth playing it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
posting on page 69 whilst I smoke weed, hail satan and happy halloween

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Stux posted:

is there a thread for amazing cultiviation sim or am i the only person on earth playing it

Try forums.somethingawful.cn

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

I do personally know someone who just got a job this year at Blizzard Entertainment in their Irvine office, and its their dream job according to them. Been curious about how they like it, but not about to ask because its none of my business.

"How's work going?" is quite a normal conversation starter tbf.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I said come in! posted:

There's probably still people working on cool stuff at Blizzard. Unfortunately the nature of projects like these, even if you get your dream job of working on a game or a big movie, when its a huge several-year multi-million dollar project, you're invariably going to have to do things that you don't really want to do because its the nature of the project.

Even if you work at a cool game studio, all of a sudden you could be told that you're gonna work on Hello Kitty Island Adventure for the next 3 years. You could jump ship at that point, but is it worth it when the same thing could happen elsewhere? So instead you just have fun designing a really cool shader for water or sunsets even though its for Hello Kitty Island Adventure, they're still good looking sunsets. Yaknow?

Also your friend can leave after a few years and put "worked at Blizzard 20XX-20XX" and then go to wherever they want! So definitely nice.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

:same:

playing Black & White again, this game has a loving rad intro movie for a 2001 game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8sfa_KKpFY&t=57s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Encourage people to talk about their work. Literally the norms around not discussing business, not sharing salary data, etc. are all bullshit with the goal of suppressing labor consciousness

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

hail sex weed satan

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

hail sex weed satan

Ah yes my chili peppers metal tribute band

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bowsette

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

cheetah7071 posted:

Am I understanding you're fine with just completely normal controllers, and don't need a special RSI one? In that case, if you like playstation controllers, dualshock 4s work extremely easily on PC. Especially if you have Steam open, it will convert the signals to XInput so even games which only natively support xbox controllers will work fine with a dualshock

Right, I'm not quite at the RSI stage yet, but I have the warning signs, so I'm trying to head it off and give my wrist a couple months' break from things that have been aggravating it, like Warframe mouse+KB movement. A completely normal controller is aces.

Does Steam perform that controller-managing function even on games that you add to Steam from other sources (GOG, Epic, etc.) ? Seems like it would, but weirder things have happened so I have to ask.

Looking into these wireless adapters for the DualShock and Xbox, and yikes – the DS4 ones are running $80-150 from what I can only assume are scalpers, except for some third-party ones that look sketchy. Anyone know which are reliable, or where to get a first-party one that isn’t being sold for some extortionate price?

Awesome Animals posted:

An alternate is the 8BitDo controllers, which are supposed to be great as well, but evoke a more Nintendo vibe than Xbox or Playstation. Once my DS4 dies, I'm probably going to switch to this on: 8BitDo SN30 Pro+.

Interesting! This is tempting, though it being literally half the price makes me wonder about the components. Anyone have experience with these 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ models for use with PC gaming?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

actual cut corners

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Have any of you looked at Bowsette recently? She’s not as spicy as I remember

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Have any of you looked at Bowsette recently? She’s not as spicy as I remember

:swoon:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's Peachowser

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
:siren: This is a post with my mod voice on :siren:

Zaphod, you are a good poster 80% of the time. Most of the time you are helpful and insightful, and have heterodox opinions which spark legitimate discussion. When you're posting like that, you're a wonderful poster whose posts I'm happy to read.

However, ultimately, (shudder) Stux is right. You have a serious issue with reading people's posts and comprehending them. Worse, when people say "hey that's not what I meant" you get defensive and accuse them of misunderstanding you. This is grating to read time after time. And it feels like every time you post, we're rolling a die--if it comes up 6, we get a stupid slapfight because you just didn't read the post you were replying to, and other posters, who are all tired of that, just make a lazy snipe about it and the thread is just poo poo for a whole page or more. You've been better about not responding to the snipes and just moving on. That's commendable! But the ultimate source remains your repeated misreading of posts, not people who have a forums grudge against you.

As such, with the support of the other Games mods, I am instituting two zaphod related policies:

• Zaphod, if you just misread a post and double down on your misreading, you will be probated. This probation will be ramping and will end with a forums ban from Games. To be honest, we've already considered a forums ban for you in the past. We are being lenient here, not harsh, because this is clearly an important place for you--you are the most prolific poster here by almost 50% of the second place poster.
  • Everyone else, and especially Stux, if you snipe at Zaphod during this last chance, you will be probated. You have three options: respond calmly, report the post, or ignore the post. Know that Zaphod will either improve or be forumbanned. You do not need to cause page long lovely derails to score internet points.

I would not recommend PMing me complaining about how unfair this is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
posts to the effect of "finally" will be considered snipes, the point is to stop these stupid zaphod derails, not start a new one

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

NGL uh, same

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Kestral posted:

Does Steam perform that controller-managing function even on games that you add to Steam from other sources (GOG, Epic, etc.) ? Seems like it would, but weirder things have happened so I have to ask.

I'm not sure. I tried to mess around with Steam's controller settings for Genshin Impact because it had terrible customization, and it had no effect. But Genshin's controller setup is so weird I just don't know.

There is a program called DS4Windows which offers full DS4 configuration for all of windows. It's more annoying than Steam but it will absolutely do anything you want a DS4 program to do.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Kestral posted:

Right, I'm not quite at the RSI stage yet, but I have the warning signs, so I'm trying to head it off and give my wrist a couple months' break from things that have been aggravating it, like Warframe mouse+KB movement. A completely normal controller is aces.

Looking into these wireless adapters for the DualShock and Xbox, and yikes – the DS4 ones are running $80-150 from what I can only assume are scalpers, except for some third-party ones that look sketchy. Anyone know which are reliable, or where to get a first-party one that isn’t being sold for some extortionate price?

Interesting! This is tempting, though it being literally half the price makes me wonder about the components. Anyone have experience with these 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro+ models for use with PC gaming?

A regular bluetooth dongle works with a DS4. You don't need the Playstation one. I use one off of Amazon.

As for the 8BitDo, I think a few users that post/lurk use them here and they generally review pretty well, but I don't have first hand experience.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Transistor isn’t bad, I just didn’t love it. I loved Bastion.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I like the 8bitdo but idk that even the + with the handles is an ergonomic controller. being a snes controller it's still perfectly flat on top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Somehow Torchlight III manages to be more system demanding than Microsoft Flight Simulator.