Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007

Elysium posted:

I don’t understand the Majordomo change, does it do anything different or is it just wording?

It gives at least +1/+1 no matter what now, so it's a slight buff and doesn't make him useless if you didn't play an elemental that turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Toshimo posted:

Whirlwind Tempest??? What a weird choice.

seen gigantic tempests with mega-windfury wipe out a board in one go more than once

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

peer posted:

seen gigantic tempests with mega-windfury wipe out a board in one go more than once

How did it get windfury in the first place? al-akir? And how were you going to beat it otherwise, if it was bigger than your entire board on the first swing?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Toshimo posted:

How did it get windfury in the first place? al-akir? And how were you going to beat it otherwise, if it was bigger than your entire board on the first swing?

oh oops, sorry, I thought whirlwind tempest was the 4/1 divine shield windfury guy. Anyway yeah I'm guessing they're removing actual whirlwind tempest because the 4/1 can get very strong with mega-windfury

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

They probably removed it because it's a very specific synergy, and Windfury minions get Mega-Windfury when they're golden anyway, so it's kind of in an awkward place.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If we are removing minions for being in an awkward place, why is Junkbot still here?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

kaesarsosei posted:

This is necromancy but I saved this deck because I haven't played much and only getting around to it now. 0-6, how are you winning matches of Hearthstone with this? I really liked the archetype in Standard but I just cannot get it to work.

Here is the current build, i'm sitting at 61% with it so it's not great. It's faster than the one you have though. Fire Plume Harbinger/Murmuring Elemental + Grumble/Bog Slasher or possible second Grumble is going to be what you aim for. Electra + Far Sight or Elementary Reaction is good too, especially before Harbinger/Murmuring. I've managed double battlecry double Kalimos on turn 5. It's all about figuring out when to discount, when to double battlecry, when to return to hand and how you manage from there. While you can combo out in a few ways it's usually easiest to just go for face.

### WildElemental
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Fire Fly
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) Elementary Reaction
# 2x (2) Fire Plume Harbinger
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 2x (2) Murmuring Elemental
# 2x (3) Bog Slosher
# 1x (3) Electra Stormsurge
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 1x (3) Hot Spring Guardian
# 1x (3) Marshspawn
# 1x (4) Fire Plume Phoenix
# 2x (5) Servant of Kalimos
# 1x (6) Emperor Thaurissan
# 1x (6) Fire Elemental
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 1x (7) Blazecaller
# 1x (8) Al'Akir the Windlord
# 1x (8) Kalimos, Primal Lord
#
AAEBAZu1AwwgvQHWEazCAvPCAofEAsjHAqvnArDwApn7Api5A4/OAwmyBpPBApfBAuvCAsLDAuDqArP3AoqAA4uFAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Love the Sindragosa buff, I'm a habitual over-freezer so I'm looking forward to this.

The Rag/Djinni swap is great as well

feller
Jul 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Rag wasn't a new hero, it was re-worked and re-released, everyone pass or not had access to Rag from the start.

55 Health was the exact buff I suggested months ago. It was straightforward: 60 was OP, 50 was garbage, just do 55. But in today's meta 60 may be fair and 55 too low, we'll see.

wow I just got mega-unlucky then lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I wish they just put Patchwerk back to 60. It's just a funnier number and heroes have gotten so much stronger and it's the least toxic way for a hero to have a high winrate.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Toshimo posted:

Whirlwind Tempest??? What a weird choice.

E: did the same thing as the other guy and thought it was the divine shield dude. Still kinda makes sense but yeah a little weird

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is the game down? I can't log in.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Chernabog posted:

Is the game down? I can't log in.

It's really laggy at least.

I was on Rexxars last mission, and the deck given to you blows nuts, and I had to do it 3 times, and the concede/restart cycle takes like 2 minutes

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Maybe everyone knew this already, but I just figured out today that Jandice's hero power works with Nomi buffs when you send an elemental back to the tavern.

So if you have, say, +20 on elementals from Nomi, and you swap one of your elementals back to the tavern, it will gain the +20 and you can just buy it again.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Pyrolocutus posted:

Pro tip: For the Misha encounter in the new Book of Heroes, you have to kill the trap. I misplayed it the first time around because I thought it was Rexxar trapping Mishra (I didn't pay too close attention to the pre-battle chatter, maybe it was explained there?) and it was a rush to down her before she downed me.

No, you didn't miss anything. The explanation is not there and I did the same thing.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Elysium posted:

Maybe everyone knew this already, but I just figured out today that Jandice's hero power works with Nomi buffs when you send an elemental back to the tavern.

So if you have, say, +20 on elementals from Nomi, and you swap one of your elementals back to the tavern, it will gain the +20 and you can just buy it again.

The gently caress

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
That's part of why shes broken as hell with pogo hoppers but they're leaving so it doesn't seem as bad but I am looking forward to when elementals stop being in every match in however many patches

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Xguard86 posted:

No, you didn't miss anything. The explanation is not there and I did the same thing.

Yeah I kind of figured since the trap was damaging misha it meant I was to kill the trap, but beyond that it gives no information. As usual this cycle most of the solo adventure sucks and the reward sucks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Most of those changes are fine but moving Djinni to tier 5 is not okay what the hell. I hope they at least adjust it so it can’t give you minions above your tavern tier.

By the way the secret quest that gives you golden transfer student is active. Here’s how you complete it:

quote:

One game of arena, one game of battlegrounds, finish book of Rexxar, play a game of the Dalaran Heist, Tombs of Terror, Galakronds Awakening, and Trial by Felfire. It doesn’t seem like you need to have all of these done today, it counts everything done since the dual class arena patch as far as I can tell.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Does the golden transfer student unlock at a later date? Because I just finished everything (having done arena with the ticket a few days ago) and nothing unlocked.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Fenarisk posted:

Does the golden transfer student unlock at a later date? Because I just finished everything (having done arena with the ticket a few days ago) and nothing unlocked.

No it should unlock right away.

Did you do the Trial by Felfire challenge mode instead of story? Apparently that isn't working. Also try playing another arena game, maybe it didn't count for whatever reason.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I did the one match of the last 4 solo stuff, in normal modes, did the rexxar story thing, entered BG and left right away, and got the golden students. Didn't even do arena - mabe just have to have an active arena run.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Mogrin can't catch a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAv__cLRJHk

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

I did the one match of the last 4 solo stuff, in normal modes, did the rexxar story thing, entered BG and left right away, and got the golden students. Didn't even do arena - mabe just have to have an active arena run.

I just tried entering a BG, got into the game, and HS crashed.

Upon reloading I now have 2 golden students :psyduck:

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Fenarisk posted:

I just tried entering a BG, got into the game, and HS crashed.

Upon reloading I now have 2 golden students :psyduck:

Can you disenchant them?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Wow Cenarius really sucks in the Brawl

e: Actually everyone sucks except for the Rotnest Drake

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 14, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Boatswain posted:

Can you disenchant them?

you can't disenchant free cards

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wowhobbs has been dethroned as the Lorewalker Cho-Master.
The fun starts at around 5 minutes and the clown ride goes on until the very end.

"The Cho must go on".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEhhU8hZP8

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I see Blizz's response to the Jaina Book of Heroes being a complete walk-over was to make the Daelin fight as absurd and unfair as humanly imaginable.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Anyone else stuck in a 3h queue to access Battlenet?

Julio Cruz posted:

you can't disenchant free cards

Right cheers.

Semper Fudge posted:

I see Blizz's response to the Jaina Book of Heroes being a complete walk-over was to make the Daelin fight as absurd and unfair as humanly imaginable.

I just focused on using my hero power every single turn and never letting him stick a boat and had no issues.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Boatswain posted:

Anyone else stuck in a 3h queue to access Battlenet?

Right cheers.

I just focused on using my hero power every single turn and never letting him stick a boat and had no issues.

yeah his fight was ezpz, just kill the boats.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Too Many Birds posted:

yeah his fight was ezpz, just kill the boats.

It's super easy to get hosed on the draw.

Also helped when I quit just spamming secrets and waited for the right times to use them.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah I’ve had to restart twice now, still get overwhelmed even killing ships asap

edit: finally beat it due to some better luck, but it was still really close

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 14, 2020

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Do you have a decklist guide with her? She was my free legendary from the hallow's end bundle.

My dude, I already posted a Cubelock guide, but I've been tooling around with a Big Warlock in standard. 6-4 so far at Diamond 9/10. Willow pulling out two uncharged Void Drinkers is still a good stat dump for 8 mana. I Keep flipping back and forth between Zephrys, Dragonqueen Alexstrasza, and OG Alexstraza

### spirit demons
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (2) Nether Breath
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (3) Dragonblight Cultist
# 1x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (4) Devoted Maniac
# 2x (4) Veiled Worshipper
# 2x (5) Crazed Netherwing
# 2x (5) Shield of Galakrond
# 2x (5) Void Drinker
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 1x (6) Kronx Dragonhoof
# 1x (7) Galakrond, the Wretched
# 1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
# 1x (8) Archwitch Willow
# 2x (8) Enhanced Dreadlord
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
#
AAECAaPDAwbFBNwG47QD8b8D9M4Dz9IDDKGhA52pA+WsA+isA+qsA+ysA/6uA6qvA8S5A7jOA8zSA83SAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 15, 2020

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Do I have to play through the single player Jaina stuff to get to rexxar and do this quest?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Toebone posted:

Do I have to play through the single player Jaina stuff to get to rexxar and do this quest?

Yes

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I'm doing that right now and Christ it's awful.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
IMO without the voice lines it would be ok. Still not very engaging though.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
just watch the relevant wc3 / wow cutscenes in their place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Cry Havoc posted:

just watch the relevant wc3 / wow cutscenes in their place

It's all garbage, I just want to play some cards and get a free pack :tipshat: