Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

its also an absolutely dogshit song

the non-player protagonist 9/11s the moon with no buildup or explanation and then

".... she's just a girl and shes on fi-yah"

it really elevated the whole thing from lame to hilarious. i used to edit more appropriate credits music onto the endings of games with awful stories, but i couldn't really do it with borderlands 3 because they already did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Dyz posted:

The villians basically devolve into typical villain cliches. They could have been a good way to mock streamer culture the same way Handsome Jack/Hyperion was used to mock corporate culture but :effort:

The baddies weren't racist enough to be accurate depictions of streamers

Not that would've been an improvement, of course

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
The real BL3 credits song is Tyreen's jazzy rendition of Claptrap's "stealth time" antics dialogue from the tutorial mission. :colbert:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I have a feeling that the credits song was there specifically because it didn't match the tone, but the rest of the credits sequence doesn't really support that. I think maybe they just assumed we care as much about Lilith as we did about Roland.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
What’s the best top tier gun to farm in order to progressively “ladder up” to M10? Is it the Light Show pistol from the pterodactyl thing in Bounty of Blood? I remember that one being pretty quick and easy.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

crestfallen posted:

What’s the best top tier gun to farm in order to progressively “ladder up” to M10? Is it the Light Show pistol from the pterodactyl thing in Bounty of Blood? I remember that one being pretty quick and easy.

That or the Flipper in BoB/Bloodsun Canyon - easy farm and the gun works on basically any character.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

A Moose posted:

I have a feeling that the credits song was there specifically because it didn't match the tone, but the rest of the credits sequence doesn't really support that. I think maybe they just assumed we care as much about Lilith as we did about Roland.

we might have had they not dedicated so much time to making her irritating. she was fine in borderlands 2 but they really hosed up her character for 3.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

juggalo baby coffin posted:

we might have had they not dedicated so much time to making her irritating. she was fine in borderlands 2 but they really hosed up her character for 3.

Agreed. Moxxi, Brick, and Tina all sucked in BL3, too. Mordecai was pretty bad, but wasn't anywhere as annoying as what they did with the others. Ellie was slightly more annoying this time than before, but she was already pretty annoying.

Only Marcus and Tannis seemed more or less okay compared to their earlier iterations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

That's what happens when Lilith was forced into being the new Roland but making her also insecure about it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Lilith's biggest sin was gearbox forcing us to "talk to" her a hundred times, because they're experts at destroying flow/pacing

I don't know if I'm alone, but I always get anxious with these limited time events. I either hardcore poopsock or stay away cause I know I get unreasonably stressed about getting the shiny things, and so far I'm sitting this one out.

I've been playng some BL2/TPS instead, and enjoying my time doing so! I know it's a pipe dream, but TPS characters in BL2 would be soooo good.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Rinkles posted:

I don't know if I'm alone, but I always get anxious with these limited time events. I either hardcore poopsock or stay away cause I know I get unreasonably stressed about getting the shiny things, and so far I'm sitting this one out.

I wouldn't sweat it, there's nothing that drops that's really worth going out of your way to try and farm imo. I mean, they're good items but not like OPQ level strong.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
The Ghast Call grenade is incredible. But otherwise, don’t worry too much about it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, other than Ghast Call this event doesn't have anything special, the cosmetics aren't even that great.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I'm a dumbass that cares about cosmetics. And I think you have to unlock the character skins separately for each vh.

Doesn't help that there's nothing fun about Terror.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

yeah its a terrible mechanic that means 99% of the loot you get from the event is basically worthless

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
Last year, I remember there being a couple cool builds if you went all in on Terror stuff. I don’t think they would compete any more though.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
It still screws with my head that Lilith and Tannis have the same VA.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Dewgy posted:

She can do a ton of voices. She's a very prolific anime VA.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Devorum posted:

She can do a ton of voices. She's a very prolific anime VA.

I pulled up the IMDB page for the game, and apparently Teller did the voice of Ramsden in a random side mission on the prison level.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Dewgy posted:

Captain Scarlet from BL2 as well, which is doubly funny when you know she's the english voice of Luffy.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dewgy posted:

Yup me too. When my brother told me I didn't believe him until I checked the IMDB page.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1316740809983619073?s=19

Season Pass 2 on sale next month, with the Designers Cut initially and a Directors cut in Spring. Tentpole feature of designers cut is the extra skills trees, to be revealed next week. Arms Race reveal the week after that.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Arms Race had better be good to have half the season pass dedicated to it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Judge Tesla posted:

Arms Race had better be good to have half the season pass dedicated to it.

I think Arms Race and Designers Cut are one half.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://twitter.com/Borderlands/status/1316740809983619073?s=19

Season Pass 2 on sale next month, with the Designers Cut initially and a Directors cut in Spring. Tentpole feature of designers cut is the extra skills trees, to be revealed next week. Arms Race reveal the week after that.

Ooof.

Ooooooof.

I'm guessing (hoping?) that the Director's cut is an attempt to remake the main campaign into something less embarrassing. I can understand why they'd want to do that, considering how universally hated the main campaign was. And I assume it's possible to do remote VA work even with the pandemic, which is nice.

But that's literally the only meat on the Season pass, and all we're getting right now is sprigs of parsley doled out piece by piece over several weeks.

I'm going to need to see all of the cards on the table, because after my experiences with BL3 being bookended by the main campaign and FusterCluck's final boss I am not immediately ready to give Gearbox the benefit of the doubt here.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Hopefully Arms Race will be something fun and interesting. I suspect it'll be a BR + horde mode mashup where you drop into the map with nothing and pick up guns a you go while fighting waves of enemies. That's what I hope anyways. That's the only thing that really interests me out of everything in there.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
I’m very underwhelmed by the Season Pass 2 announcement so far. Unless it’s like $5 getting new skill trees and a gameplay mode I’m not interested in feels not worth it for me. The director’s cut being unknown doesn’t help either. It has to be new content for me to get excited not just another play though of the story with a twist

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1316770826285248513?s=21

“Squad up” as if multiplayer isn’t still broken as hell

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Sex Hobbit posted:

https://twitter.com/borderlands/status/1316770826285248513?s=21

“Squad up” as if multiplayer isn’t still broken as hell
On console or PC?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

weird rear end naming convention.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Rinkles posted:

weird rear end naming convention.

It actually makes sense to me. The two DLCs presented are a distinct departure from the usual 'Classic Expansion Pack' formula that's been used since the first game.

The first is what appears to be an MP mode that's totally divorced from the core game, and the second sounds like an attempt to do-over the main campaign to provide a story that won't require a reboot to continue the franchise. There's a lot of questions to be had, like why the gently caress would anyone release a pay to play multiplayer game when the market is so inundated with free to play multiplayer games that it's gone past saturation point, but the naming clicks with me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i hope it isnt mp focused

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames

its also an absolutely dogshit song

the non-player protagonist 9/11s the moon with no buildup or explanation and then

".... she's just a girl and shes on fi-yah"

it really elevated the whole thing from lame to hilarious. i used to edit more appropriate credits music onto the endings of games with awful stories, but i couldn't really do it with borderlands 3 because they already did it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doS6rwyIkfA

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
I have beaten the story mode for the first time and am currently level 39. I haven't played any of the dlc missions yet, what would be the best way to go about doing that? The base game seemed pretty easy and I skipped most side missions as a result to avoid being too overleveled. So I guess I start over on tvhm and adjust mayhem level as necessary for difficulty? But then the DLC only unlocks after a certain point in the story? Or do I just do a bunch of side missions until I can complete this postgame lvl50 mission I unlocked before restarting on tvhm? Of course, I need to restart the story for the dlc to rescale to my level, right? Not sure what I'm doing here

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

After you finish the campaign, everything scales to your level. Play whatever content you want. I wouldn't to TVHM at all until you hit level cap, and only if you're interested in specific quest rewards.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

hi liter posted:

After you finish the campaign, everything scales to your level. Play whatever content you want. I wouldn't to TVHM at all until you hit level cap, and only if you're interested in specific quest rewards.

Thank you. I apologize if these questions are quite basic. I tried to do some googling but this seems almost intentionally confusing. Imo the main story content seems to be of generally higher quality than the sidequests (writing aside). There's bigger battles, longer stretches of battles, most of the bosses, and that's all the cool stuff I want to do. Side missions seem to have a lot of down time, going from point a to point b, and so on. So if I want to play the *best* content, I don't need to restart in tvhm to play those main missions again? Or is any ol' mission just as good now with level scaling and proper mayhem tuning?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Father Wendigo posted:

Ooof.

Ooooooof.

I'm guessing (hoping?) that the Director's cut is an attempt to remake the main campaign into something less embarrassing. I can understand why they'd want to do that, considering how universally hated the main campaign was. And I assume it's possible to do remote VA work even with the pandemic, which is nice.

But that's literally the only meat on the Season pass

You think re-doing some story elements in a looter shooter is more meaty than a brand new skill tree for each character?

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

So wait, what are the options for the postgame? I’ve been doing all the side quests and I’m at level 43 on the Eridium planet close to the end. If I start the dlc after the main story will I be over levelled to play them?

What mode do I have to select to have everything at my level, the game is the most fun when my VH is the same level as the enemies.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Turning on any level of Mayhem scales everything to your level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Scumbag posted:

You think re-doing some story elements in a looter shooter is more meaty than a brand new skill tree for each character?
If it makes replaying the story something to be enjoyed rather than endured, then yes.