Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Vernacular posted:

plz remind me to tune in after the first inning

You missed the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You missed the best part

luckily i tuned in 😼

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jesus Christ Dodgers

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Just turned on the braves game what the hell happened

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

skylined! posted:

Just turned on the braves game what the hell happened

The Dodgers finally worked out that the Braves actually aren’t a very good team

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I check the score: Seager hit a double to bring Mookie in, good start, 1-0.

I check the thead: Huh, what happened?

I check the score: lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Braves smartly making the Dodgers use up all their runs in one game!

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

https://youtu.be/EF3g4Ua5e7k

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Vin Scully's favorite thing in the world was when a player would end the inning with a great play in the field and then lead off the next half inning. He probably loved Bellinger's dinger more than the grand slam

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Braves are gonna tire the Dodgers out by making them run the bases all night.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Smart of the Braves. When the schedule gives you no off days, just take the day off anyway.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/kengurnick/status/1316573380183613440

Tell Bryse Wilson he's throwing 100 pitches regardless of what happens to them. DH d'Arnaud and take your chances with Ozuna in the field. If you somehow win Thursday or Friday, great, but play with the assumption you're going into the weekend down 3-2 and set up to give yourself the best chance to win both of those games.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

There is a significant chance Kershaw starts the game but is still limited by his back.

Dodgers offense has a talent for making inexperienced young pitchers look lights-out, so still a long ways to go.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 15, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So we've gone from Cubsposting to Astrosposting to Dodgersposting

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The way this NLCS has gone I think both clubs are entitled to <team>post until it's somehow done.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://twitter.com/kengurnick/status/1316573380183613440

Tell Bryse Wilson he's throwing 100 pitches regardless of what happens to them. DH d'Arnaud and take your chances with Ozuna in the field. If you somehow win Thursday or Friday, great, but play with the assumption you're going into the weekend down 3-2 and set up to give yourself the best chance to win both of those games.

Basically no reason not to give Fried and Anderson their regular rest, and plenty of reasons not to force them into short-rest high-pressure starts, not least the potential damage to their bodies and psyches for next year.

See how far Wilson gets tomorrow and then just commit to giving everyone an inning or so on Friday, even Wright if he can come back for it.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Intruder posted:

So we've gone from Cubsposting to Astrosposting to Dodgersposting

We're too busy watching Tom Brady forget how to count

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Greinke is still smarting from Hinch's decision to pull him for giving up a single big hit in an otherwise stellar start

It wasn't even a bad pitch it was at the knees, Rendon was just ready for it

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1316596955615653890

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

Greinke is still smarting from Hinch's decision to pull him for giving up a single big hit in an otherwise stellar start

It wasn't even a bad pitch it was at the knees, Rendon was just ready for it

People always complain about Cole never getting the ball, but Hinch pulling Greinke is 100% the biggest mistake of that game. I honestly think we’d have pulled it off if he’d stayed in.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

People always complain about Cole never getting the ball, but Hinch pulling Greinke is 100% the biggest mistake of that game. I honestly think we’d have pulled it off if he’d stayed in.

Hey couldn't have gone much worse

Since the game was already lost at that point I'm kind of ok that Osuna got to embarrass himself

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 15, 2020

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

and they say baseball fans aren't passionate

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1316555462309941250

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Houston is a bunch of cheating cheaters and gently caress them forever, but this is kinda sad at this point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The thing about baseball is 100 years from now some dude's grandkid is gonna be yelling at the Robot Astros that they're dirty cheaters.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Fellow 'stros fans, although this series isn't going to workout the way we wanted, I actually feel pretty good about next year. The postseason has shown that our younger, talented arms are ready to take the next step. A rotation of Greinke, McCullers, Urquidy, Valdez and Javier is pretty solid! We may not have the regression that we expect in a couple of years.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

STAC Goat posted:

The thing about baseball is 100 years from now some dude's grandkid is gonna be yelling at the Robot Astros that they're dirty cheaters.

As well they should. Never trust a robot.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1316751149286920192?s=21

“Team offers huge deal” leaks are always a bit suspicious but this is interesting

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
definitely weird to offer fernando tatis that much money even though he did hit two grand slams in one inning

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

When I see a 12 year, $400 mil offer by a team like San Diego I am assuming that includes a lot of deferred money

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Bregor posted:

Houston is a bunch of cheating cheaters and gently caress them forever, but this is kinda sad at this point.

I'd agree if it wasn't obviously still pissing them off and forcing them to be further douches, which I do find funny.

WE BEAT MINNESOTA! gently caress YOU, WORLD!

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

https://twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1316751149286920192?s=21

“Team offers huge deal” leaks are always a bit suspicious but this is interesting

Far as I can tell from Googling, that guy is just a rando at some baseball academy in the DR, so yeah, it's even more bullshit than the usual "player turns down huge extension" stories

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm a bit sceptical of that offer if only because if it's real I don't see any reason why FTJ wouldn't accept it immediately

sure there's probably a whole lot of deferred money involved but even if he starts off making $5M a year that's ten times league minimum and it's not like there's an alternative open to him that gets him paid any sooner

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

rickiep00h posted:

As well they should. Never trust a robot.

Oh and I suppose pitch-o-matic 5000 was just a modified howitzer

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 15, 2020

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'd agree if it wasn't obviously still pissing them off and forcing them to be further douches, which I do find funny.

WE BEAT MINNESOTA! gently caress YOU, WORLD!

It's this weird dichotomy where the players themselves deserve to eat poo poo for the rest of their careers, but the people doing the heckling should maybe worry about other things with all of this *gestures wildly at everything in TYOOL 2020* going on.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm a bit sceptical of that offer if only because if it's real I don't see any reason why FTJ wouldn't accept it immediately

sure there's probably a whole lot of deferred money involved but even if he starts off making $5M a year that's ten times league minimum and it's not like there's an alternative open to him that gets him paid any sooner

Yeah he's under contract for 4 more years. Lets say he stands to earn 15M/20M/25M in arbitration. The Padres would basically be buying 8 free agent years for $340 million. He might be leaving a little money on the table but Jesus, no way he's turning that down 4 years out from free agency.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Bregor posted:

It's this weird dichotomy where the players themselves deserve to eat poo poo for the rest of their careers, but the people doing the heckling should maybe worry about other things with all of this *gestures wildly at everything in TYOOL 2020* going on.

Nah, it's fine to take a break from worrying about all the problems in the world to remind the Astros that they deserve to eat poo poo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
there is literally no way any team is offering $400M to any player ever again after 2020 and the threat of 2021

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Poque posted:

there is literally no way any team is offering $400M to any player ever again after 2020 and the threat of 2021

Now is the winter of our discontent at the number of one year deals being offered, and probably accepted.

Between cost cutting, fear of the new CBA, and unknowns for 2021 in general it’s going to be a bloodbath this winter.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao how are the sox interviewing la russa how is this real

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dusty Baker is nuts

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/1316794962374209537?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I don't think he has much of a choice, honestly. Pitching Valdez and Urquidy on short rest, something either of which have never done (and Urquidy isn't that far removed from a major injury), seems like a recipe for disaster. You just have to hope you get five innings out of Garcia.