Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao how are the sox interviewing la russa how is this real

Jerry is a hack who's more interested in getting his old friend on payroll than he is actually letting the FO do it's job and find somebody who will actually nurture and take advantage of the Sox young and fun core.

I'm still in shock he let the new Bulls FO fire Boylen. Jerry seems to be a sucker for the cantankerous tough guy coach routine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

So Manfred hasn't decided yet if the NL will use the DH next year? Would be nice to know that before free agency starts...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

The Pussy Boss posted:

So Manfred hasn't decided yet if the NL will use the DH next year? Would be nice to know that before free agency starts...

Don’t want it but if it happens the Braves need to break out the goddamn checkbook for Ozuna

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

The Pussy Boss posted:

If he wants it then he'll get it, outside of a couple pitchers who think they can hit the DH seems to be popular with players, and of course the union would love for there to be more slots for big beefy guys who can't field. I'd be very surprised if the universal DH was a one and done.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
isn't there also the two-way designation specifically for pitchers to be DH on their off days

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

DH in the NL is fine, I have resigned myself to it. But gently caress them if they try implementing this years playoff format from now on.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Tweezer Reprise posted:

isn't there also the two-way designation specifically for pitchers to be DH on their off days

Why is this a requirement?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Maybe he feels like he's more likely to get a few good innings out of him and then a bullpen day than he is to get two good games on short rest from two pitchers who've never done it

Of course, if the plan was to go with a bullpen day then Javier probably should have gotten less work last night but you have to win one before you can win the next one

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Who tf is Luis Garcia?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
https://twitter.com/mlbbowman/status/1316833452713562113?s=20

Good call, only call

now if you'll excuse me i'm going to sleep until at least Sunday morning to see if I have a game 7 to avoid or not

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Who tf is Luis Garcia?

23 year old with 12.1 IP at the major league level

Not the first Luis Garcia that comes up when you google

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
he was solid for liverpool

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Astros and Braves are both going to win today with starting pitchers who have less than 60 innings between them in MLB

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

E: oops

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I was watching a video that showed all the Dodgers' runs yesterday and I kept noticing how LOUD a lot of that contact was. I mean, they were just hammering those first two pitchers.

Later, I saw this:

https://twitter.com/darenw/status/1316511671557525504?s=20

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Astros are truly America's team.

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh

Kirios posted:

Astros are truly America's team.

Morey died for this

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

23 year old with 12.1 IP at the major league level

Not the first Luis Garcia that comes up when you google

Speaking of the first x that comes up when you google I laughed when I learned the name of the reliever who gave up Correa's walkoff

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Is that a riddle?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
No I just find it kind of amazing/funny that there are now two Nick Andersons who had bad outings against a Houston team in the playoffs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

Speaking of the first x that comes up when you google I laughed when I learned the name of the reliever who gave up Correa's walkoff

Yeah the last time a Nick Anderson blew a game in the playoffs to a Houston team that team won the rest of the games in the series so let's see if history repeats itself

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is that a riddle?

Magic were up 3 with like 10 seconds left in the NBA finals game 1 and Nick Andersen missed four free throws in a row, Rockets hit a three to go to OT and swept the series

e: I miss the days when the Astros weren't the heels of MLB because this would be iconic and badass and Bautista-esque pre-scandal but is now Correa being a giant rear end in a top hat

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1316906906837987330

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 16, 2020

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1316898297827741696

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/danielbrim/status/1316940664693731331?s=21

:tif:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better at the moment but the Dodgers are young and great and have a good farm and are probably best positioned of any team to make a run year in and year out for the next 5-10 years and as you like to point out you have Mookie

Surely May will be stretched out to start going forward?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Intruder posted:

I'm sure it doesn't make you feel any better at the moment but the Dodgers are young and great and have a good farm and are probably best positioned of any team to make a run year in and year out for the next 5-10 years and as you like to point out you have Mookie

Surely May will be stretched out to start going forward?

the dodgers have been the best team in the NL for years with an unparalleled amount of talent and they keep doing this

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The more chances you get the more chances you get to succeed

e: also there are worse positions to be in than "best team in the league for many years and failed and now positioned to be the best team in the league with completely different guys for many more years"

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Oct 16, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope the Dodgers decide to blow it up and trade Bellinger cause he's a choker

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Me, remembering how I posted in July that this wasn't a real season: :smugdog:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

The more chances you get the more chances you get to succeed

e: also there are worse positions to be in than "best team in the league for many years and failed and now positioned to be the best team in the league with completely different guys for many more years"
They steamroll the league every summer and blow it every fall. No other fanbase will ever shed a tear for us because like you said the team is good and exciting every year.

Doesn't change the fact that they do the same poo poo every October and it is incredibly draining to watch over and over and over again.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Me, remembering how I posted in July that this wasn't a real season: :smugdog:

Dodgers make a miracle comeback and win the WS and I quote this post

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Also holy poo poo me, just now, remembering that July was 3 months ago and not 3 months into the future :stare:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Also holy poo poo me, just now, remembering that July was 3 months ago and not 3 months into the future :stare:

I think you'll find that July was actually 3 years ago

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

They steamroll the league every summer and blow it every fall. No one other fanbase will ever shed a tear for us because like you said the team is good and exciting every year.

Doesn't change the fact that they do the same poo poo every October.

It's been a while since the Braves had an automatic postseason berth but the Braves had lost 10 postseason series in a row before the NLWC series and had lost 8 straight NLDS before this year. Hell, the Twins are on a ridiculous stretch of not even winning a single game in the postseason.

Really sucks that the Dodgers haven't won the World Series with how good they are but you got there at least. Eventually your team will shed their curse and win it all again.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I honestly was less stressed and hosed up by this team when they were bad and all we had to watch was peak Kershaw winning the Cy Young

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Getting extremely "Washington Capitals fan pre-2018" energy from bawfuls tonight.

Hang in there pal, I been there. Sometimes it gets better.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That smile from Pache coupled with the WHAT THE gently caress from Bellinger was pure art.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: whoops not the gdt

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Squall posted:

It's been a while since the Braves had an automatic postseason berth but the Braves had lost 10 postseason series in a row before the NLWC series and had lost 8 straight NLDS before this year. Hell, the Twins are on a ridiculous stretch of not even winning a single game in the postseason.

Really sucks that the Dodgers haven't won the World Series with how good they are but you got there at least. Eventually your team will shed their curse and win it all again.
There was a ~10-year stretch where the Dodgers didn't win a single postseason game before all this started.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1316928489908588545

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Even though bawfuls and I have gotten into it a lot this year I can't bring myself to dance on the Dodgers grave, I genuinely feel bad