Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i feel bad for our dodgers posters, this must suck to watch every year

at the same time lol at the dodgers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Intruder posted:

Even though bawfuls and I have gotten into it a lot this year I can't bring myself to dance on the Dodgers grave, I genuinely feel bad

he spoke ill of my favorite franchise, the houston astros, one too many times

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Intruder posted:

Even though bawfuls and I have gotten into it a lot this year I can't bring myself to dance on the Dodgers grave, I genuinely feel bad

They very well may Beatrix Kiddo out of that fucker and smite us with the five point palm exploding heart technique.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Dodgers are responsible for at least 2 of those 8 straight NLDS losses, so I don't feel bad for them I don't think.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can definitely sympathize with Dodgers fans cause if the Cubs hadn't won in 2016 the subsequent post season meltdowns would have been almost unbearable. It's also far easier to watch a bad team be bad and have zero expectations.

That said it's highly entertaining watching the best team in baseball year over year just never getting it done.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Intruder posted:

I'd only consider dancing on it because if it indeed is their grave here it'd mean the Braves in the World Series. I rooted for other teams over the Dodgers in past postseasons (except the 2018 WS) but I don't have any real dislike of them.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

R.D. Mangles posted:

What sucks to watch? They're awesome and have been for like 8 years, they win 100+ games all the time, have won 2 pennants, have the greatest pitcher of the decade on their team and have the best hitter (non-Trout category) in MLB on their team.

They are absolutely stacked with young talent and are going to be awesome for 10 more years, they'll probably come back against the Braves then win it all this year because they're the best team I've seen since the late 90's Yankees.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I just went back and checked the game logs. Since this piece was published, Kershaw has exited postseason games with 8 total runners on (2 on four different times) and all 8 of them were allowed to score. Thus, over his career, the Dodgers bullpen has allowed 80% 74% of inherrited Kershaw postseason runners to score.

The last time the Dodgers bullpen stranded a Kershaw runner in October was the 2015 NLDS, when they allowed 2 of 3 to score. The last time they didn't allow any of his runners to score was the 2009 NLCS vs PHI, where he left with 1 on.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Oct 16, 2020

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

bawfuls posted:

I just went back and checked the game logs. Since this piece was published, Kershaw has exited postseason games with 8 total runners on (2 on four different times) and all 8 of them were allowed to score. Thus, over his career, the Dodgers bullpen has allowed 80% of inherrited Kershaw postseason runners to score.

Yikes.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

What sucks to watch?
The part where every year the entire baseball world is like "oh man the Dodgers are really good they're just SO loving GOOD they might finally win it all this year" and I allow myself to feel a sliver of hope and optimism right before the embarrassment of riches that is their roster collectively eats poo poo. The part where their "greatest pitcher of the decade" inevitably gets crushed.

That part sucks to watch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pro-tip: we Astros fans of all people shouldn't be asking Dodgers fans what sucks to watch

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

bawfuls posted:

I just went back and checked the game logs. Since this piece was published, Kershaw has exited postseason games with 8 total runners on (2 on four different times) and all 8 of them were allowed to score. Thus, over his career, the Dodgers bullpen has allowed 80% of inherrited Kershaw postseason runners to score.

The last time the Dodgers bullpen stranded a Kershaw runner in October was the 2015 NLDS, when they allowed 2 of 3 to score. The last time they didn't allow any of his runners to score was the 2009 NLCS vs PHI, where he left with 1 on.

This is absolutely insane - holy poo poo.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

Pro-tip: we Astros fans of all people shouldn't be asking Dodgers fans what sucks to watch
Sab is an Astros fan?

Fan loving Tastic

what sucks to watch, Sab0921? Your franchise player's legacy evaporate because the opposition was loving CHEATING in game 5 of the World Series you smug prick. Eat my entire rear end.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 16, 2020

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

bawfuls posted:

If Kershaw is so good, he wouldn't let runners on to begin with :colbert:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Sab is an Astros fan?

Fan loving Tastic

what sucks to watch? Your franchise player's legacy evaporate because the opposition was loving CHEATING in game 5 of the World Series you smug prick. Eat my entire rear end.

He's an Astros fan that says he literally doesn't care about any form of cheating in sports whatsoever lol

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Yes, Roberts keeping Kershaw out there for ten more pitches after he's obviously gassed, and Dodgers relievers allowing Kershaw inherited runners to score are the two most hallowed October traditions of this team

e: that really IS totally loving insane, Bawfuls

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 16, 2020

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

bawfuls posted:

Sab is an Astros fan?

Fan loving Tastic

what sucks to watch, Sab0921? Your franchise player's legacy evaporate because the opposition was loving CHEATING in game 5 of the World Series you smug prick. Eat my entire rear end.

I literally don't care about 2017, go Astros bitch. Enjoy losing to the braves lol

I'm sorry dudes banging on trash cans every now and then beat out a quarter of a billion dollars in salary haha

molestrios fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 16, 2020

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

love the poo poo talking from Playoff Posters :thumbsup:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

From the article in The Athletic

quote:

Why the Astros could push the series to Game 7
Kaplan: Their best pitcher (Framber Valdez) will start in Game 6.

I would have lost a very hefty bet if you told me this a few months ago

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
Roberts for sure hasn't been the main culprit this year (though he has made some egregious gaffes in prior years). However, I suspect that the absurdly high expectations and overall gravitational pull of the ongoing vortex of disappointment will finally be too strong to protect him should we squander yet another incredible team/season.

It would be bittersweet because he's a lovely man and good at getting the players to buy into the system, and his replacement might very well be even worse, but I'm having a hard time picturing an organization in that situation not taking any skulls, even if it's mostly symbolic.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Disagree, Dave was like 90% responsible for gam 5 last year and they didn’t fire him. I don’t think Friedman is going to fire him for any of these. Ownership is not reactionary enough to demand a scapegoat it seems.

And as has been pointed out on twitter, if they fire him you just know Farhan hires him and he wins in SF before the Dodgers do, somehow.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 16, 2020

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I mean yeah, if there's an ops guy who can be patient and ignore the calls for blood, it's Friedman, but these things also have their limits.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's kind of funny that the Astros downward PR slide began with a team executive screaming "Thank god for Osuna" immediately after a game where Osuna gave up a 9th inning game tying 2 run dong

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I don't recall finding that particularly funny

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls posted:

I hope you have a new level of respect for the restraint I show!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Playoff Posters are cool because they don't spend hours upon hours watching ultimately meaningless games every year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Playoff Posters are lame because they don't spend hours upon hours actually paying attention to the teams they arbitrarily decide to root for every year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The worst crime: Watching baseball and enjoying it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The thing that sucks about Playoff Posters is them showing up out of nowhere to be dicks and then bailing when it goes wrong. Its just an excuse to be an rear end in a top hat because that's who they are.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

STAC Goat posted:

The thing that sucks about Playoff Posters is them showing up out of nowhere to be dicks and then bailing when it goes wrong. Its just an excuse to be an rear end in a top hat because that's who they are.

Literally drive-by shitposting, only in this case it’s explicitly at the expense of another poster’s personal investment in a team.

If you’re gonna talk poo poo in here you gotta put the hours in, cowards.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

What happened to Pancakes?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

as a playoff poster that doesn’t follow mlb threads on sa often, how well represented are the braves in sas?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

sudo rm -rf posted:

as a playoff poster that doesn’t follow mlb threads on sa often, how well represented are the braves in sas?

one of the better represented teams, there's a handful of us pretty consistently present throughout the regular season.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

sudo rm -rf posted:

well represented by the best poster in sas and, dare i say it, the whole forums, hotlanta man

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

elentar posted:

one of the better represented teams, there's a handful of us pretty consistently present throughout the regular season.

you do have one of the worst MLB posters to deal with though

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

nice, i should read sas more often. it’s weird, i’ll read r/baseball, r/nba, r/cfb, and r/nfl everyday but i always forget sas exists.

i blame cspam

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

bawfuls posted:

Are you mad

Ur team is gonna lose

So i think youre mad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Literally drive-by shitposting, only in this case it’s explicitly at the expense of another poster’s personal investment in a team.

If you’re gonna talk poo poo in here you gotta put the hours in, cowards.

Nah - the idea of a posting threshold is dumb

Anyway, cant wait for Springer to be signed for a bazillion dollars by the Dodgers to have these guys suddenly rationalize away their prior position that anyone who stole signs electronically should be banned from baseball and fastballs to the head should be encouraged.

It was great with Mookie, it is loving fantastic with folk hero Joe Kelly, when they sign a 2017 Astro it will make my heart sing.

All of this because down 3-1, the Dodgers aren't even loving eliminated. Teams come down from 3-1 all the time, and seems like the best baseball team constructed in the last 20 years may be able to win 3 loving games in a row.

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Oct 16, 2020

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Although it would be funny, I have a suspicion the Dodgers won't be signing a RF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

STAC Goat posted:

Hey we aren’t all bad. I’m just less engaged (ie watching but not necessarily balls deep in GDT) in the regular season because there are a billion games and they’re less meaningful individually.