Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

frajaq posted:

I know that theres a Viridescent set to use with Venti, but until you're able to acquire that, what Artifact set do you use? Instructor?

Double Energy recharge (2pc scholar + exile) is mostly what I see. You can probably just 4pc Exile too. Basically you wanna spam his burst off cooldown. He's also one of the few units that uses atk % on all 3 pieces end game afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

TV Zombie posted:

If resin recharges, where can I use my resin with monstadt and liyue unlocked?

Any domains or overworld bosses for item drops, the ley lines for exp books or mora. They all get marked on your map as you encounter them or find archon statues.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Floor 5 is kind of stonewalling me.

Any team building advice? I kind of just roll with Razor and Qiqi and have Xiangling and Beidou thrown in.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Framboise posted:

Any team building advice? I kind of just roll with Razor and Qiqi and have Xiangling and Beidou thrown in.

I don't remember what's on floor 5, but not taking Venti seems like a mistake. His ability to group up enemies so that you can AoE them down is pretty much the single most valuable thing in the abyss.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Framboise posted:

I would put Razor/Beidou/Amber in team 1, and Xiangling/Venti/Barbara in team 2. Team 1 will do much more fighting so you need Razor to do the damage and Amber to supply fire for overload damage. Ideally Xiangling would do that, but you need somebody to do damage on team 2, and it looks like she's the only one positioned to do it.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Just want to correct that the bolded part is true only with her C1, otherwise it's a flat 50 % chance, increasing with her phases slightly.

Woops, I got a noelle dupe really early on so I'd totally forgotten that effect was from the constellation, and thought it was base functionality.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Everyone has a c1 noelle.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I don't. My beginner pulls were Noelle and Xingqiu

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Framboise posted:

I got 7 stars on floor 5 with these guys:

I was AR28 or 29 at the time so MC was level 50 and no weapon over level 50 either. First character in each team is the DPS.

Floor 5 is where you really start to be completely unable to facetank things, you actually have to pay attention to what's going on and try to avoid the biggest damage. It's important to stay at high HP on this floor because of the buff, of course, so if you're low when the chamber is about to end try to heal up before you kill the last enemy.

In my lineup the first team doesn't have all that good healing so it relies on Xiangling and Fischl tagteaming stuff with overload spam. Amber is just filler for the +25% ATK elemental resonance buff but her rabbit taunt is actually kinda useful sometimes as well. In the first chamber with the slimes and the hilichurl archers, try to get the archers ASAP when they spawn because they do an annoying amount of damage and can freeze you too. Some of the slimes have a frost claw thing that pops out of the ground, you need to iframe that with your dash because if you get trapped in it you're gonna eat a gazillion damage. Second chamber is kinda annoying but not terribly difficult, just try to go for the ranged guys first. The electro mage in the third chamber is very dangerous and has some attacks that you just have to run away from or you'll die very quickly - mainly the one where she puts down a ton of purple circles on the ground. She doesn't have a lot of HP though so just try to burst her down ASAP.

As for the second team, it doesn't have a lot of damage output but it's super tanky. Since it has two water users Mona's ult becomes extremely spammable, so that's where most of the damage is. One of the pyro mages in chamber 1 second half has a bunch of orange rings on the floor around them. You wanna kill that one first because it's a DoT aura that actually does quite a bit of damage. Second chamber is easy but tedious. Third chamber is kinda hard, the agent is really annoying and has a bunch of moves that makes it hard to attack him so it may be best to deal with the chaff first. I actually lost MC on this one but was able to pull through with Mona. Chongyun would really be a significantly better DPS than MC but I haven't really invested much in him so he wasn't up to it.

Hope that helps somewhat. I'm not entirely sure what I'd do for lineups with your characters - you probably want one healer on each team, but neither Qiqi nor Barbara are going to be all that fun to play on team 1 in the first chamber with all those cryo slimes. Maybe something like Razor/Xiangling/Beidou/Barbara and Qiqi/Venti/MC/Kaeya? Idk. I don't really know how Qiqi plays so I dunno if you can DPS with her.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 17, 2020

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008
Mona can sneak up on squirrels.

I love this lady.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

inthesto posted:

I would put Razor/Beidou/Amber in team 1, and Xiangling/Venti/Barbara in team 2. Team 1 will do much more fighting so you need Razor to do the damage and Amber to supply fire for overload damage. Ideally Xiangling would do that, but you need somebody to do damage on team 2, and it looks like she's the only one positioned to do it.

Overload is good, but it's not that good that it's worth switching characters and slooowly charging up a fire arrow for a single proc on a single target.
You'd be much better off pairing Razor with Qiqi for the superconduct procs, since he does mostly physical damage and the phys def reduction will be a big deal for him.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Is it worth the 720 000 mora to up the Geo MC constellaion?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Overload is good, but it's not that good that it's worth switching characters and slooowly charging up a fire arrow for a single proc on a single target.
You'd be much better off pairing Razor with Qiqi for the superconduct procs, since he does mostly physical damage and the phys def reduction will be a big deal for him.

I don't know what Qiqi does exactly, but bringing a cryo onto a team that's mostly going to be dealing with cryo slimes doesn't really seem like a great idea

I'd rather just bring in Amber for her odd burst or two

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

CJ posted:

You can't buy the infinite double cost mora conversion until you buy everything else, so you'll be forced to buy all of that poo poo anyways.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

inthesto posted:

I don't know what Qiqi does exactly, but bringing a cryo onto a team that's mostly going to be dealing with cryo slimes doesn't really seem like a great idea

Oh if the floor is mostly cryo slimes then you don't even need qiqi for superconduct procs.
Still don't bother with Amber though.

CJ posted:

You can't spend geo sigils on the unlimited mora option until after you've bought out everything else in the shop.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I barely know what I'm doing in this game other than setting up elemental combos but I do know I've pulled four friggen Xianglings trying to get a Venti. She's a lot of fun and between her and Razor('s Stand) everything is just melting.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

inthesto posted:

qiqi is like 90% a physical attacker so she's fine against cryo enemies, arguably even good if you're also running an electro dps/support that is proccing superconduct. so when she swaps in to attack and heal up the team she's doing more damage. though the main thing is she heals while lacking barbara's huge drawback vs cryo. you could use jean similarly (and her anemo will be similarly useless vs slimes, lol).

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Infinity Gaia posted:

You can't buy the infinite double cost mora conversion until you buy everything else, so you'll be forced to buy all of that poo poo anyways.

Negative. That's only true for Mondstadt's shop, Liyue's has no such restriction.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

CJ posted:

Probably. Honestly if you got nothing else to spend mora on, why not.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I'm getting uh pretty horrible lag? Like just on swapping characters? The hell this is miserable. Is this a known thing that can be fixed or on their end or just my internet going nuts or something?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

kater posted:

I'm getting uh pretty horrible lag? Like just on swapping characters? The hell this is miserable. Is this a known thing that can be fixed or on their end or just my internet going nuts or something?

Is your ping in the right corner spiking when that happens?

Are you party swapping right as the game boots for the first time that day?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

delfin posted:

So... I cleared Stormterror's stages, saved Mondstadt, and was told that now it's finally time to check out that second major area. "You'd better hurry," even.

Three seconds later: "Stage unlocks after you gain four more ARs."

:negative:

You can still go to the second area and do stuff there. It's only talking about the next story mission.

I got an AR level just hoofing it over to the central portion of area 2.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Infinity Gaia posted:

Wish i knew that 2 weeks ago.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tae posted:

Is your ping in the right corner spiking when that happens?

Are you party swapping right as the game boots for the first time that day?

Ping was fine, I didn't do that second thing if that's the cause or the cure. Seems to be better now after like four restarts :L

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Hazdoc posted:

Negative. That's only true for Mondstadt's shop, Liyue's has no such restriction.

It does though. Sometimes it will show available until you actually select the option at which point it tells you you can't.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

MarquiseMindfang posted:

So I just did Venti's AR36 quest and I find the story fascinating.

That's two Archons now who have fought and possibly deposed alternate gods to claim their titles. Venti's quest mentions him fighting alongside a bard (whose form he now takes) to free Old Mondstadt (now Stormterror's Domain) from the God of Storms and then Anemo Archon, Decarabian. A sidequest on the Guili plains mentions Rex Lapis fighting against a God of Dust, Guizhong.

There's more to it than just that.

Monstadt secret region/location spoilers:

There's a secret island off the coast of Monstadt that implies there was at one point a god of time that used to exist in the area and may have been allied with or maybe even was the Anemo God of that era.

Which makes the "time travel to a ruined future or pre-ruined past" theories tying into Honkai Impact and the Travelers/Project Ark a lot more likely. If they're going with an alternate version of Project Ark (and it does seem like it since Teyva is a direct reference to the word nature and also the word Ark. Keep in mind that Honkai is also a reference to nature.) then it also offers a potential explanation of how Project Ark was expected to send word back despite radio waves being a terrible method of communication in deep space. It's also a good way to handwave why it failed to do so. Since if the Archon's can straight up go all DIO and just gently caress with time then they could just freeze the signal that sends word back after it became apparent that Earth was wrecked by the Unknown Goddess/Kiana/possibly Paimon and she was looking to figure out why reality didn't proceed to do a hard reset so she could do it all over again.

Taking a close look around the area reveals that the ruins extend out into the ocean too. [spoiler]It's heavily implied a good chunk of Monstadt is either underwater, time displaced in some way, or something happens in the past that severely fucks up that portion of Monstadt to the point that an entire section of the continent sinks under the waves. Which handily offers an explanation as to why Monstadt's region is like 1/5th ocean. And while it's total speculation on my part does sound like the sort of overpowered poo poo a Herrsher would do.

It would also mean that all those massively high cliffs leading to ocean shores...aren't all cliffs, really. It's the Monstadt equivalent of the parts of Liyue that are have a lot of verticality. Which handily explains why Monstadt's so bland when it comes to terrain. Something basically tore the land apart to the point that hills and mountains collapsed into the sea.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 18, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it's not really a spoiler that old Mondstadt was destroyed, it's where Stormterror's lair is now

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Getting to the second area and I'm gonna use the tracking map for geo orbs.

I'm only 5 Anemo ones away from 100% and it's killing me not know where they are.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah I noticed that Mondstat's landscape is....severely hosed up. It looks like the entire area got torn apart at some point and I want to know more damnit :f5:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

YES bread posted:

it's not really a spoiler that old Mondstadt was destroyed, it's where Stormterror's lair is now

Uh, that's the thing. Old Monstadt was to the northwest of the city. That thing I mentioned is to the east in the deep ocean. It's not at all a part of old Monstadt. It also has some weird ties to the ruins of the Temple of the Thousand WInds on the far east end of Monstadt. Since both have the strange sundial that lets you do spoilery things in them involving time.

Also, if you go to the isle and do the secret quest in the mostly sunken temple there it also becomes equivalent that actual Monstadtians have no loving clue that the place exists since an archeologist from the adventurers guild is legitimately surprised there's something on that isle. Doubly so for the archeologist that actually sated their curiosity about it by traveling to the isle. That one suddenly goes missing on the isle where time and wind interact when trying to figure out why the sun dial is glitching out and showing the wrong time of day for hours on end. Said missing archeologist also doesn't have a vision, so he couldn't have been killed by what actually shows up to (probably curb stomp you) there if you use yours to start poking around the place.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 18, 2020

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbh it kinda baffles me how little the isle is researched - Liyue obviously has ships, even big ones, and there should be straight path to it.

That said - where the heck is Mondstadt's sea harbour? Is it the city one and connects to the sea via (undiscovered by player yet) north? That seems very inconvenient.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Tbh it kinda baffles me how little the isle is researched - Liyue obviously has ships, even big ones, and there should be straight path to it.

It makes sense if you assume that the Archons are running a con on the people. Can't have your secret Ark project run awry due to troublesome normies if they're easy to manipulate due to not understanding the history of the world.

Keep in mind that unless it's a translation error then a few of the people of Teyvaat have awareness of advanced scientific knowledge of things like the local flora and how blood sugar is important to the body. And I don't mean in a roundabout way. They just straight up start dropping scientific terms out of nowhere before changing the subject or running off. The geo Archon in particular launches into a speech that reveals that he's got way more scientific awareness of the world than you'd expect a primitive feudal theocracy to have when he describes the differences in certain flowers.

And there's a secret world event quest in Monstadt (Y'know, the place that is around medieval europe in terms of development and openly doesn't have advanced medical technology given the state of one NPC.) where a NPC is being attacked by slimes. After beating them she gets flustered and straight up says that her blood sugar was low and that she gets way too weak and lethargic to fight when in that state before running off. Likewise, as mentioned before the geo archon starts dropping words like "morphology" in relation to his explanation of flowers. Which is a term that a civilization at Liyues height...Really would not have.

Blood sugar was a thing that only had proper measurement techniques developed back around the 1970's! Ditto for floral morphology. The earliest reference I could find to that term was around the 1960's and 1970's.

This is also one of the reasons why Paimon is super sus even outside of the many Kiana links. The E.L.F. is super manipulative. One moment she is acting like a complete idiot out of her depth. Yet if you pay attention to her actions when the PC is actually likely to hit a wall in what she wants them to do suddenly she starts running rings around whoever is stopping them. She even starts dropping the whole "can't be trusted to keep a secret" thing and manipulates the businessmen of Liyue at their own game if you choose certain options.

Also, watch the cinematic where the sibling shows up and pay attention to how the characters act towards the end. When it becomes apparent that the PC is about to turn around and see their sibling staring at them Paimon starts doing everything she can to grab the PC's attention before leading them off in the opposite direction where it'd be impossible to see them.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 18, 2020

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

katkillad2 posted:

It's weird people don't want Venti, when after doing the co-op event he looks like easily one of the best characters in the game.

I got Keqing for my *5 and I don't think I have a spot for her considering I've got Fischl at C5. I just wanted Venti :smith:

I have no complaints about him mechanically, I'm just way more of a fan of Keqing/Jean/Mona and would have preferred one of them :v:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is Xingqui good?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Xun posted:

Yeah I noticed that Mondstat's landscape is....severely hosed up. It looks like the entire area got torn apart at some point and I want to know more damnit :f5:

Check out this trailer. Be aware that it has huge plot spoilers for future developments though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO__VQZirJ4

Keep in mind that the scene with the city of Monstadt having been destroyed is almost certainly what will happen to either the current version of Monstadt or it's a previous version of Monstadt that the unplayed Sibling watched get destroyed by The Nameless Goddess in the past, depending on what theory you're running with.

Complicating things is that some of the ruins in the destroyed city in the trailer have the same design as the ones out in the deep ocean. Ditto for in the ruins around Monstadt including Stormterrors lair. And those are Kiana/The Unknown Goddess/The Herrsher of Void (from Honkai Impact 3 and the intro of Genshin Impact) cubes. Given that the other "future content" and the remarks it makes about the world having "smoldering remains" buried there are :stonk: level implications on why things are so hosed up, assuming that it isn't a reference to Project Ark.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 18, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Is Xingqui good?

his skill and burst both persist through character swaps, and I've found him to be pretty useful for offhealing in abyss. the cooldown on his skill is really long though so I've been using the Sacrificial Sword on him

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

Inzombiac posted:

Getting to the second area and I'm gonna use the tracking map for geo orbs.

I'm only 5 Anemo ones away from 100% and it's killing me not know where they are.

This is a really good idea honestly.

There are around 120 geo orbs, and I have found all but 14 and I am close to resorting to the map to spend 5 hours to find the remainder, since there is something special you can do in the second region once you have found all of them.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So does anyone have any build advice for Keqing? I've looked up some builds but almost all of them seem to assume if you have a 5* character then you're just going to whale for top tier weapons too which I'm not really going to do so I don't know how to make my character do good damage using what I can get in-game.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just want the beautiful liyue 100% completion card

so i gotta find like 13 geos and two time trials plus 100-odd chests as they respawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

I have no complaints about him mechanically, I'm just way more of a fan of Keqing/Jean/Mona and would have preferred one of them :v:

If my pity five was Mona should I bother trying to get Venti? It seems like the Gacha is kind of bullshit given the rate that pities kick in. 90 rolls for a character at a ridiculously low rate (and in the case of Venti will require like a thousand dollars worth of rolls to get to a decent constellation) is absolutely absurd.

Also, do we know for sure that pity roll counts are carried over to the next banner?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 18, 2020