Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Jerkface posted:

A better guess question: Will Ame actually work to accomplish her goal in this stream or get instantly sidetracked with a different project?

Its 1 hour into the stream and she still isn't in the Nether!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
She's going to the Nether soon.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Normal Pekora: Ha⭧Ha⭨Ha⭧Ha⭨
Serious Pekora: Ha⭢Ha⭣Ha⭨Ha🤜

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
The newest Holo Graffiti was posted to the main Hololive Channel. This week we have a skit with Matsuri, Shion, Flare, Mel, taking care of a chick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzoZr-dNlks

Holo Graffiti skits get posted with subtitles on them, so make sure to enable captions. You can search through the uploads of the channel for [Anime] videos to find the other insane ideas they've produced.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sillipenda posted:

The newest Holo Graffiti was posted to the main Hololive Channel. This week we have a skit with Matsuri, Shion, Flare, Mel, taking care of a chick!

Holo Graffiti skits get posted with subtitles on them, so make sure to enable captions. You can search through the uploads of the channel for [Anime] videos to find the other insane ideas they've produced.

I love Holo Grafiti, they're just so madcap and fun.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Kanata has returned from her hospitalization. She talked about it on stream, she was in a traffic accident where she was knocked over, hit the back of her head on the ground, and scraped her arm.
Also, Coco and Haachama returning tomorrow, and Miko on Wednesday. Hololive finally returning to full power.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Monoe partaking in some more 10-woman Among Us, even if you're not going to watch it then at least gaze upon its adorable thumbnail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsINzc0l9iE

Truly a lineup representing murder made flesh.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Oct 18, 2020

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

From Ina's stream. FFXIV stream maybe? Though I dunno what they mean by AO-Chan

That would be interesting, but also pretty surprising. FF14 has a lot of vocal tracks and those seem to make HoloLive's copyright types uneasy. Then again the rights for them are probably owned by S-E personally so maybe its easier to arrange than some of the other games.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

That would be interesting, but also pretty surprising. FF14 has a lot of vocal tracks and those seem to make HoloLive's copyright types uneasy. Then again the rights for them are probably owned by S-E personally so maybe its easier to arrange than some of the other games.

If Nijisanji can work it out fine for Hana then I'm sure HL could if they really wanted to

speaking of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJbxHkrqUQM

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Subaru, Aqua and Pekora singing and dancing in 3D to a Zombieland Saga song for a week-long curry commercial sounds like an acid trip dream, but here we are.

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Moona has videos of FFXIV from about a month ago. I think the other Holo IDs also played at certain points, but it doesn't seem to be an issue for them at least.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Invictus posted:

Pekora seems the most fascinating of all the vtubers I've seen, just from her situation if it's not a bit, like isn't she one of the most successful vtubers out there and her parents still don't know? that's really something. The only thing I really know about her is from people saying she's an adorably incompetent goof and that one clip of her getting a shitload of donations after emptying out her wallet and realizing she only had like 5 bucks.

lol only approaching 9,000 clips in under a year, no big deal.

There is no need to have more than 5 bucks if your mom is just a call away.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

senchous showing off her updated live 2d, shes way more animated now

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
This reveal stream has over 110k viewers, good heavens.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Kanos posted:

This reveal stream has over 110k viewers, good heavens.

Probably helped by her advertising it on Reddit and that post making the front page there.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I'm browsing through a few of Hoshikawa's videos since Matsuri is about to drop a vocaloid cover pretty much devoted to Hoshikawa, and I'm surprised that there are almost no English comments. Especially since she seems close to Haachama.

Seems like she'd be the perfect branch into non-Hololive vtubers if Hololive was your entry point down the rabbit hole. And through Hoshikawa, I'm checking out Kanae, a male vtuber who is currently streaming Genshin Impact to 10k concurrent viewers and has nearly 400k subs. Just from the 15 minutes I've watched, my impression is his voice is buttery smooth and he gives off very similar vibes to Okayu.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

Trihugger posted:

he gives off very similar vibes to Okayu.

First impressions can be deceiving... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8ypAFfLcEs

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Caught up a bit on Amelia's stream after having to do paperwork. She keeps having to explain that she prefers the darker default look of Minecraft, which is unfortunate because it makes watching videos of it much more difficult than playing it that way. I'm wondering if she's going to fold and bump the brightness higher, or stay steady and just make a rule about not complaining about it. (Or, third option, not do anything and just keep it as a bit for her to gremlin off of.)

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Yeah, Kanae and his ChroNoiR song duo partner Kuzuha are to my knowledge the two most popular male Vtubers in the company and by extension probably in all Japan, they have a lot of pretty hardcore fans and always pull in a lot of people during events and such.

Aside from their own stuff they've a few collab music videos in the ChroNoiR channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTcvNTQS86s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uexq0h89LNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJD2wtXcIRA

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
I've heard talk of how Aloe's VA has "reincarnated" as a new Vtuber. Can anyone confirm?

Not sure if this goes against the previous identity rule, as it's something of a different spin on the situation... if it does, feel free to ignore the question (or PM me, if you think it safer).

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 18, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sillipenda posted:

Kiara 3D debut

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Brunom1 posted:

I've heard talk of how Aloe's VA has "reincarnated" as a new Vtuber. Can anyone confirm?

Not sure if this goes against the previous identity rule, as it's something of a different spin on the situation... if it does, feel free to ignore the question (or PM me, if you think it safer).

Your wording just reminded me of the horrible thought I had yesterday when I saw this thread and the Wholesome Isekai thread next to each other.

Coming soon to some serial novel website near you: I Reincarnated as My Vtuber Persona and Now I Have to Live with All the Weird Bullshit Backstory I Made Up.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Onean posted:

Your wording just reminded me of the horrible thought I had yesterday when I saw this thread and the Wholesome Isekai thread next to each other.

Coming soon to some serial novel website near you: I Reincarnated as My Vtuber Persona and Now I Have to Live with All the Weird Bullshit Backstory I Made Up.

Some characters it wouldn't be so bad (like Okayu and Korone), but there are vtubers who get deep into the weeds with their "lore" and yeah those get really ridiculous.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
It'd 100% be the latter.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Kwyndig posted:

Some characters it wouldn't be so bad (like Okayu and Korone), but there are vtubers who get deep into the weeds with their "lore" and yeah those get really ridiculous.

Pekora's moon-rabbit family who are simultaneously all poor farmers, and also royalty because everyone in pekoland is a farmer and pekoland is also shaped like a giant pekora.
Her siblings named Michael and DIABLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGGH96Jotis

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 18, 2020

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

None of you shared Senchou’s new outfit? For shame.

She’s also running a contest on Reddit where you can remix her fishing video and if you win she will draw you an avatar.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Pyronic posted:

Pekora's moon-rabbit family who are simultaneously all poor farmers, and also royalty because everyone in pekoland is a farmer and pekoland is also shaped like a giant pekora.
Her siblings named Michael and DIABLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGGH96Jotis
She conveniently failed to mention the royal family's role in propping up Pekoland's insidious mochi-industrial complex.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

With Coco and Haachama returning tomorrow, there is a new surge of Chinese antis rolling around. Remember, the action is just Report, Ignore, Block, don't give them any attention. It's better to fill the stream chat with positive comments and, if you can, join membership and/or send super chats.

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD

nielsm posted:

With Coco and Haachama returning tomorrow, there is a new surge of Chinese antis rolling around. Remember, the action is just Report, Ignore, Block, don't give them any attention. It's better to fill the stream chat with positive comments and, if you can, join membership and/or send super chats.

I've been avoiding the subreddit entirely because they're acting like it's the end of the world that there are going to be a bunch of idiots spamming up the chats with scripts. Like yeah, it'll be annoying, but what exactly are they expecting to happen?

Speaking of which, looks like Coco's stream is scheduled finally!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
5 hours, so fast

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
The stream is in 5 hours but its already flooded with superchats

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Inject the Asacoco directly into my veeeeinnssss!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

Inject the Asacoco directly into my veeeeinnssss!

If it goes the speed of the chat, you'd be already dead.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

And Haachama has two streams planned already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmnOASQHdj0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE2hhwTxp48

English only ASMR :stonk:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I was really looking forward to that one before she went on vacation. Glad she's picking up right where she left off. :getin:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

None of you shared Senchou’s new outfit? For shame.

She’s also running a contest on Reddit where you can remix her fishing video and if you win she will draw you an avatar.

It should also be noted how ridiculously high quality her new Live 2D rig is. Here's Ilie Tou's showcase of it (same person who did Pink Rushia, Lamy, Botan, plus Matsuri, Choco, Haachama, Ayame and Aqua's new Live 2Ds):

https://twitter.com/tou_ilie/status/1317812766749544448

Honestly, I'm pretty sure this has just rendered her Home 3D obsolete.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Was just reading some comments on a clipper and they just decided to reveal the previous identity of Gura and I'm just so effing tired. I wish people really wouldn't.

It isn't anything problematic, but I wish people were better than that and just respected the intent of keeping privacy.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mordaedil posted:

Was just reading some comments on a clipper and they just decided to reveal the previous identity of Gura and I'm just so effing tired. I wish people really wouldn't.

It isn't anything problematic, but I wish people were better than that and just respected the intent of keeping privacy.

It's the equivalent of standing up at a quiet point in a WWE match and yelling out "HE'S CARL!"

Like, yeah, we know he's not really the undertaker or whatever, it's just missing the point. As much as I wish we could treat vtubers as actors and follow their work without snooping while also respecting privacy, without the kayfabe it's not as much fun, so just follow the kayfabe.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

And even after you find their real identity, it’s just a normal person. Oh, so you’re telling me this vtuber that sounds like a Japanese woman is actually a Japanese woman? Shocking. I don’t know what people are hoping to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
To continue the wrestling comparison it's being a certain kind of real lovely smark - you want to feel special because you're not like all these other marks, you know their real names and the real behind the scenes drama and having that knowledge means you're just inherently better than all the other fans, and you'll rub it into everyone's faces every chance you get.