Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Episode 20: Aside from 5 minutes of "takeru oniichan" really solid episode. Angemon lasted about as long in this continuity as in the last, but hopefully we'll get the egg back.

Can we focus a bit more on the other four kids?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

They're really leaning in on Weregarurumon being the guy who does sweet flips and sick stunts. Surfing on a missile is some Metal Gear Rising-level of cool poo poo. :allears:

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Kind of loving how Leomon just off-screened Megadramon. No big deal.

Yeah, it rules. Seems like having Peckmon as his mount made all the difference.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

amigolupus posted:

They're really leaning in on Weregarurumon being the guy who does sweet flips and sick stunts. Surfing on a missile is some Metal Gear Rising-level of cool poo poo. :allears:

Yeah, that was incredibly cool.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Burkion posted:

So, I just got Digimon Cyber Sleuth Complete for the Switch

I know there's some way to bust the farming and XP grind- what was it again?

Quickest way is getting a PlatinumSukamon, you can easily get one raising a Hagurumon to level 20 (you can't do this with the starter one since it caps at level 15, the cap rises as you digivolve/dedigivolve them), if he's in the main lineup when a battle finishes you get double EXP.

PlatinumNumemon has the same ability but that's a Mega so it'll take more time to get one.

As Kortel said, Digimon in the Digifarms will automatically gain EXP as long as the game clock is running so you can exploit sleep mode for this. If you want to use the 1000z Development option in the farm to try to get Tactician USBs, the accesories that also double the EXP (and stack!), you'll probably need a Digimon with a Builder personality as the leader of the farm and as many Developement Know-Hows as they can fit in it, but this can be expensive so I recommend waiting a handful of game chapters for this.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Folder Continent Report: Metal Empire. More in the replies, as always.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1318250768659582984

God that art is so cool though.

EDIT: While it makes me happy to see we're majority, it kind of worries me that a franchise for children has such a large % of its fans be...well, us.
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1318262770924724226

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 19, 2020

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Here's the chart for those interested. Got a mystery adult this time.

Gotta love machine translation. :allears:

Edit: Is the squid in this weeks episode Calmaramon? Hope she'll be less of a gag villain this time.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 19, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Edit: Is the squid in this weeks episode Calmaramon? Hope she'll be less of a gag villain this time.

If that's true, I wonder how many Frontier villains they're going to repurpose for this show?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Petaldramon has always been a favorite of mine so it'd be neat if more got in. Checking the episode again I'd say that it is Calmaramon. Can't make out a torso from the shot so maybe she's getting the algomon treatment and having the more human bits revamped.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 19, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Here's the chart for those interested. Got a mystery adult this time.

Gotta love machine translation. :allears:

Kinda lame that they used Jazamon as one of the Child stages for this but none of it's evolved stages, should have included those instead of the Eosmon line

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
On one hand, remember that every poll is biased because the answers are given by the kinds of people who answer polls. One the other hand, Jesus loving Christ.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well we kinda talked about this before. Digimon as a franchise has been aiming older and older for the most part. It's not like its our fault.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Well we kinda talked about this before. Digimon as a franchise has been aiming older and older for the most part. It's not like its our fault.

It's aimed older because children aren't watching...which, in turn, makes it harder to get children in it, I guess. Kind of circular.

But the franchise is selling so I guess it's not an issue.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

It's just odd for me, personally. As a female weeb who's rapidly approaching 30, I'm generally pretty used to being the periphery demographic in stuff I like, at best. (See: Toku.)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

It's just odd for me, personally. As a female weeb who's rapidly approaching 30, I'm generally pretty used to being the periphery demographic in stuff I like, at best. (See: Toku.)

Honestly even as a guy, it's still loving weird. I made a whole post about this, about Digimon, in this very thread, how weird it was. That's kind of a thing they're doing with the new series even, with all these Digimon across the franchise coming in. I hate Frontier, I think it's just about the worst season out there- and I'm so excited to see Frontier specific Digimon coming back. Its this happy little feeling I get seeing things that I want to like finally being used in cool ways.

It's still weird seeing it confirmed like this in polls and what not.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, I'm about the right age for the actual periphery demographic of Kamen Rider et al., just the wrong nationality, marriage, and parenthood status.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Hell, despite my critique earlier about how the maturity can at times be surface level (though tbh I think I was biased that day from seeing a bunch of the gacha card art, which is an era I'm glad we moved past), I think Digimon's got a clear nostalgic residence that it is absolutely succeeding at.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Kids at school used to make fun of me for liking Digimon instead of Pokémon because it was a rip off for little kids. Guess what show is for little kids now, Brandon. :smug:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

quote:

Junkmon

A Puppet Digimon with a habit of tossing junk parts into the cannon on its back. It creates a comfortable environment by dismantling structures in its surroundings. If a factory one is familiar with disappears before they know it, then a large number of Junkmon may be responsible.

When it discovers invading enemies, it will drive them away with its "Parabolic Junk", where it hits the sack at the bottom of its cannon with its tail, and shoots the junk parts it has amassed out of the cannon. Persistent opponents will suffer its "Scrap Teeth", where it bites into them with its prided foreteeth.

quote:

Machmon

A Cyborg Digimon that yearns for speed. Dust clouds over barren plains are often caused by Machmon's rampaging. Although its appearance resembles that of a bike, it lacks a seat, and no one is willing to ride it. However, it thinks that it will find a Digimon destined to master it someday. It views anyone who travels at high speed as an enemy, so it is a natural-born bōsōzoku.

Its Special Moves are tearing the enemy to pieces with the blades protruding from various parts (Full-throttle Edge), and indiscriminately shooting with the four gun muzzles mounted to the sides of its front wheel (Madness Fire).

quote:

Rebellimon

A Cyborg Digimon equipped with a high-powered engine. It is said that a Digimon driven to the brink of death evolved into it by taking in the junk data around it. It is an outlaw who loots parts from other Machine Digimon in order to further strengthen and remodel its body, which is made out of junk. Occasionally, it has been witnessed roaring noisily around with large gangs of Machmon.

Its Special Moves are firing a large quantity of missiles from its left arm (Vanquish Missile), and pulverizing the enemy's body as it minces them with the heavy machinery on its right arm (Maximum Demolisher).

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Honestly even as a guy, it's still loving weird. I made a whole post about this, about Digimon, in this very thread, how weird it was. That's kind of a thing they're doing with the new series even, with all these Digimon across the franchise coming in. I hate Frontier, I think it's just about the worst season out there- and I'm so excited to see Frontier specific Digimon coming back. Its this happy little feeling I get seeing things that I want to like finally being used in cool ways.

It's still weird seeing it confirmed like this in polls and what not.

Frontier has great designs that deserve to be used more than they are! It's not the designs' fault that they had to be made for Frontier!

I'm glad we got Velgrmon here and are apparently getting Calmaramon, hopefully only more will be coming. More game appearances would be nice as well, we only get the Fire and maybe Light Spirits now, let's get all of them! Or at least both the Dark lines, they're really cool.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Speaking of Frontier designs, one of my good friends did a quick redesign of Fairimon (because her original outfit on a child is a liiiittle creepy), and a complete replacement for Shutumon that's more bestial.

He calls the latter Dianthedramon. (Dianthe + Dramon)

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the Fairymon design is neat, and Dianthedramon works as a normal Digimon, but it just doesn't feel like a Hybrid design to me. It needs the armor and symbols to feel like it succeeds at that, and otherwise just looks like a traditional bug monster.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I might be misremembering names, it’s supposed to be the Beast, not the Hybrid.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Nah, the hybrids are all the frontier Digimon except I think Susanoomon. There were human spirits and beast spirits.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Ah, okay. Well, I’ll give him the feedback, I think he’ll probably appreciate it.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Nah, the hybrids are all the frontier Digimon except I think Susanoomon. There were human spirits and beast spirits.

Not quite. There were Human Spirits (Fairymon, etc), Beast Spirits (Shutumon, etc), Double/Fusion Spirits (Aldamon, Beowulfmon), Hyper/Unity Spirits (EmperorGreymon, MagnaGarurumon) and then whatever the gently caress Susanoomon was.

The Beast Spirits were a lot less humanoid and more, well, bestial.

Edit: I realized I'm mixing up "Hybrid" with "Fusion", so that's my bad. That said, to Nodosaur's point, very few of the Beast Spirits had the elemental symbols on them, that was a Human Spirit thing

Some Numbers fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 20, 2020

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Talking about Frontier, it'll be the focus of the next Digimon Card Game set. Can't wait for some more cool art from that. Flamon especially has never had a good card.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So the term for tapping (moving a card sideways) in the Digimon card game is suspending. And the term for untapping is unsuspending. It’s quite a choice

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

thetoughestbean posted:

So the term for tapping (moving a card sideways) in the Digimon card game is suspending. And the term for untapping is unsuspending. It’s quite a choice
When has anyone ever actually said anything but "tap" when tapping a card?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

PMush Perfect posted:

You can say it, but if the game designers do WotC can come for their money.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

PMush Perfect posted:

Wizards patented Magic the Gathering, and tapping was part of what they outlined in the patent so most game designers used different terminology. I don’t think Wizards had the right to go after anybody for just “tap/untap” but nobody wanted to risk it, and that legacy has largely continued today

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, I'm aware, I just mean no matter what they call it, I'm still gonna say "tapping."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does anyone get anything out of my posting new profiles, or should I just stop doing it?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I enjoy it, personally. But if it’s a pain for you to do don’t worry about it!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nodosaur posted:

does anyone get anything out of my posting new profiles, or should I just stop doing it?

If you like doing it, keep doing it

I always enjoy it

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

I like it! Keep it up

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nodosaur posted:

I usually read them on Wikimon first so it's not super important for me but I think it's good to have the information here for people who read this thread!

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I don't keep up with wikimon so it's cool reading the profiles here.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just wanted to check. Thanks guys

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Profile posting is cool and good imo. I want to know how invincible the new Digimon are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Yeah, it's pretty interesting.