Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sydal is so good lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

John silver wants to be on a shot of Brandi,

I'd love for him to go and bring Anna Jay with him :unsmigghh:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Silver should be on all the podcasts

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Alaois posted:

Sydal is so good lmao

He's very good

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nice powerbomb by dean

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The money clip!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

enjoying the story of sydal going to the submission finish since loving up the SSP

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Matt Sydal is canonically better than Kazuchika Okada

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Alaois posted:

Sydal is so good lmao

Not on promos (he's great in the ring though)

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

KILL HIM SONNY love you too rey

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

xbilkis posted:

Matt Sydal is canonically better than Kazuchika Okada

Excuse me, the World Famous Money Clip has submitted stalwarts of the squared circle such as Taichi who is at least as good as Shawn Dean.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i love Sonny's theme

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

warrior/hogan III: kiss/fenix

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Went for... a hurricanrana?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

p. cool, fenix

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

fenix goes grapplefuck

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fenix saw Angelico do wacky lucha submissions and thought "wait, I can do wacky lucha submissions!"

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Fenix is the coolest.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MORE TORNILOS

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Fantasybooking ended with Kenny

Now Fenix is my tourney winner

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kinnikubustaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rey Fenix is just so loving cool

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Even the pin was cool

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

good lord that got very tekken

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

I've always liked Sonny but this is the first time he's impressed me. Good stuff.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Hell of a showing from both of them. Can't say enough about how much Sonny has improved since last year.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Best Dark in a while, imo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

neoaxd posted:

Best Dark in a while, imo.

a bunch of competitive matches and one Wardlow murder. Well balanced

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So was Avalon vs. Cutler not this week?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Alaois posted:

a bunch of competitive matches and one Wardlow murder. Well balanced

Every show should have a Wardlow murder. Dark, Dymanite, Impact, NJPW, ROH, AJPW, MLW, etc.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Very enjoyable Dark

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

MJeff posted:

Seems like they’re doing it every other week. Also, card was announced before the press conference.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Seems like they’re doing it every other week. Also, card was announced before the press conference.

I asked Leva and she said its being film this week, so def next week for sure.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Yeah it went to a double pin so they are both winners!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was a hell of a show. Is dark usually that good

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Shard posted:

That was a hell of a show. Is dark usually that good

There are usually some standout matches but that was the most consistently good Dark in a while.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Some weeks ago Sonny and Janela fought the Lucha Bros. I was disappointed in that match, ultimately while Sonny and Fenix were an awesome pair, Janela couldn't match up to Penta, so it felt like their bits put the whole thing down. Getting just Sonny and Fenix to fill ten minutes was exactly as cool as I hoped. They usually post the matches individually later in the week, and Sonny vs Fenix is gonna be my go-to match for folks interested in AEW/Wrestling in general, what a good fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It has been said a million times and Saturday is bad day to run something at 605, but the Saturday Night vibes I get from Dark are so strong that it really does belong there. It's not a big deal if I miss it, but I sure enjoy watching it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

A million hour Dark. Here we go.

1) Shawn Spears vs Christopher Daniels. Should be competently wrestled at least. Ooh, or maybe not, that first exchange was very clumsy. Things warm up a bit as we go along. Daniels still has a lot of fire for a fifty year old, and it's on display here. Better match than it could have been. Sky coming out post-bell works too. I'm interested in this feud.

2) Brandi Rhodes vs KiLynn King. Ooh, new ring gear for KiLynn? Like it. Good chain wrestling for a tall wrestler. They seem to be checking out King's technical skills. She's let down a little by Brandi, but King is very solid here. loving John Silver is out? KiLynn King to Dark Order confirmed. Short match, but King was refreshing and good here. Nice babyface bit after the bell too. I think Brandi's building a stable.

3) David Ali vs Absolute Ricky Starks. I like Ali's look. Very distinctive gear that works for him. Lots of fast explosive moves from both men to start. Starks does smug bully very well. Ali seemed a bit lost halfway through.

4) Fuego Del Sol vs Scorpio Sky. Been looking forward to this one. Sky has to face the master of the Tornado DDT and the 450 Splash. Let's see if Sky has what it takes. Fuego needs to get better conditioning, but he has a couple of neat moves. Flying punch in the corner looked good. Meanwhile on commentary Excalibur is talking about Goosebumps. They're giving Sol quite a lot here, but the Scorpion Death Lock had it in the end. And then Spears plays mind games. I'm okay with all of this.

Fun fact: if every match tonight hits its time limit the show would be five hours and twenty minutes long.

5) Aaron Solow vs Luchasaurus. Solow is a super solid competitor. I appreciate the Aaron Duo joke, Excalibur. Not much to this match but it was enjoyable.

6) The Butcher and the Blade vs Team 80s Hair. I enjoy the Pillman / Garrison team, very good entry level tag. And then we have a team that I sincerely think could be AEW's Road Warriors. Just proper formidable tag team beef. Blade is athletic and hard hitting here, and then Big Butch is just a loving brute. AEW obviously has bigger guys than Butcher but something about him is so intimidating. Props to Pillman and Garrison here, though. They looked athletic, fast, and lion hearted which is perfect for this spot. This is especially true of Garrison, who has really strong Kerry Von Erich energy. Obvious result, but this was a very entertaining match.

7) Penta el Zero M vs QT Marshall. No Fenix with Penta, as we'd expect from the coming tournament. QT blocks a Zero Miedo, which is fun. Lots of very hard hitting shots from Penta here. Match takes a while to mesh, but QT is a great seller and pretty soon we find our rhythm. Penta's twisting sling blade is great. Ooh, Eddie interference to reintroduce Allie as the Bunny? OK, cool. Really thought we were going to get a Penta armbreaker. Instead we get a decisive package piledriver. This was good.

8) Jungle Boy vs KTB. I've enjoyed this guy in the indies. Powerful and savage in a good way. Good muscular foil for Jungle Boy's athleticism. Lots of unorthodox big lad stuff here. That kick catch into dragon screw was great. I could stand to see a lot more of KTB in AEW. I didn't bite on the pin attempts but only because I know Jungle Boy is in singles action tomorrow. As others have mentioned, that crucifix Go 2 Sleep is awesome. poo poo, those top rope knees from Jungle Boy are great. Great little match.

9) Las Sicarias vs Kenzie Page and Skyler Moore. Did Diamante get new music? Love the tandem back and forth. Loved Page being thrown into Moore. Diamante in particular is really on it during this match. This match is scrappy in a good way. Lots of enthusiastic action and a few really neat spots. Ivelisse didn't botch either!

10) Bshp King vs Colt Cabana. I have never respected Taz more than in no selling the "chess enthusiast" joke. No Dark Order with Colt until a few minutes in. King is built and athletic but I'll need to see him more to see if he has more than that. Match is okay but not spectacular

11) Adam Priest vs Alan Angels. Surely these guys should be on the same side. Angels gave a hot promo online before this, so I'm looking forward to this. Lots of hard hitting stuff from Angels. He's a very good striker. Priest has a very mid 2000s look and has some skills, but this is an Angels showcase. Decisive strong win in a short match.

Hot Kaz promo on Evans, with some very Evans cadence idioms

12) Jack Evans vs Frankie Kazarian. Fun, unorthodox match up. Kaz is playing the straight man while Evans does what he does, which is the best way to wrestle Jack Evans. Angelico selling his shoes off was fun too. Match hit hard and Kaz deserved the win. And then we set up TH2 / SCU, which is nice.

13) Baron Black, Louis Valle, and a roman centurion vs 3, 4, and 10. "the empbruh" apparently. Congrats to AEW for finding a wrestler shorter than John Silver. Love Silver as a lil missile. Love how utterly eurotrash D3 is. Pretty straightforward six man squash, but 3, 4, and 10 are a very fun trio.

14) Wardlow vs Vinny Pacific. Oh god, this spud child is going to get murdered. His grandma's going to sob at his funeral back in Staten. God, that dropkick did literally nothing. Winner by his opponent dying: Wardlow.

Kingston's family. Yes, more putting women in factions.

Full disclosure, from about this point the show had lost my full attention. Too many matches.

15) Sean Dean vs Matt Sydal. I'm still not sure I get Matt Sydal. He's talented, obviously, but what's he actually doing here? Match was pretty good I suppose.

16) Rey Fenix vs Sonny Kiss. Joey looking pretty stylish honestly. Lots of fun flippy stuff here. Rey Fenix is genuinely one of the best on the planet Sonny is improving but he wisely lets Sonny drive. Sonny has great poise, and is becoming more fluid with his transitions all the time. The finish was inevitable but the journey was fun.

Overall there was too much show in this show but it was basically all good. Standouts were Sonny / Fenix, Jungle Boy / KTB, and Butcher & Blade versus Pillman and Garrison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I'm assuming Matt is one of Cody's buddies who needed work, but he's a good wrestler and their retcon of him botching the SSP was pretty clever so I have no complaints.