Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

vandalism posted:

I hope jordan peterson recovers and gets well. I wish everyone in this thread the best and I hope that you can purge the hatred from your heart and free your mind of this man some day.

:)

Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Weka posted:

Psychology, while not bad per se, suffers from some fundamental problems. Something like two thirds of peer reviewed psychology studies can't be replicated. There are some obvious methodological problems but I think the fundamental problem is you can't have empirical data about people's minds.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis

No ketchup?!

Ok fine how much to remove all my thetans

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wanna see the Venn Diagram of Scott Adams supporters and Jordan Peterson fans

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I will never purge my heart of hatred. It's what gives me power.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
You can't just blow your brains out with benzos and follow it up with catching the rono and then just phone it in, expecting people to keep watching. You have to keep escalating! Come on Jordie, get abducted by aliens or something!

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

The_Continental posted:

Wanna see the Venn Diagram of Scott Adams supporters and Jordan Peterson fans

drat, I've forgotten to keep up with the dilbert.com comments section since quarantine started

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Tarkus V2.0 posted:

You know, people have been railing on about 'kids these days' in the media and everything but frankly I think that, ideologies aside, kids today are more clever, better mannered and much more conscientious than we ever were as teenagers or young adults. I think that younger people today will do the things that us jaded GenX'ers should've done. Most of their shortcomings in terms of being less independent and such are a direct result of the fear culture that we were brought up in in the 80's and 90's with rapists and kidnappers around every corner in the media.

Basically yeah. I don't have children but I generally think the kids and young adults around me act a lot better than I remember us behaving. There's some valid criticism of parenting these days, way too much negotiation, overly involved parents, wayyyyy to much pressure on kids to excel in some random sport at the expense of a kids health. But I also think when I lot of people harken back to the ol' days of how their parents did it, there's a lot of nostolgia masking what I think a lot of people knew was neglectful and sometime abusive behavior.

I also love gen x'ers and even boomers who love to make fun of "oh those millennials, look how ridiculous they look and act" like everything about their own adolescence wasn't loving embarrassing. It's the natural cycle I guess, everyone acts like a bunch of idiots, grows up and forgets what morons they were. Sadly for this new generation, they will never get to forget, because large corporations convinced them to put every element of their life online. I'm glad I only skimmed that part of life and got off most social media (in any meaningful way) years ago.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

What's the spoon for if it's 100% meat? Meat broth for dessert?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Is that a spoon in a big bowl of salt?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

vandalism posted:

I hope jordan peterson recovers and gets well. I wish everyone in this thread the best and I hope that you can purge the hatred from your heart and free your mind of this man some day.

i could but i choose not to

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

its benzodiazepine

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Who What Now posted:

If it isn't powdered bones or dehydrated and grated meat then his lack of commitment to the diet is surely why it failed to fix all his issues and he should be advised to try it again but with greater effort.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Xaintrailles posted:

It’s actually ground up magic mushrooms

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Also all fluids should be liquified beef. Not beef broth though, actual blended beef.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I didn't realize peterson and dumb daughter were peddling this carnivore nonesense. Are they the ones that got Joe Rogan going on that, or was that just his natural evolution from "bro elk meat makes you more agressive durrrrr..."?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Speaking of, who is a more toxic influence upon the world, kermitman or Rogan? I'm inching towards the latter because you kind of have to be a brain-dead conservative type to buy into the former wholesale imo

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Xaintrailles posted:

its for cooking their next shot of junk

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Biohazard posted:

I didn't realize peterson and dumb daughter were peddling this carnivore nonesense. Are they the ones that got Joe Rogan going on that, or was that just his natural evolution from "bro elk meat makes you more agressive durrrrr..."?

Joe Rogan asked about the diet, and Jordan went on and on about how it was a nightmare that was ruining his life because it made him feel awful and it was a pain to have to bring pre-cooked steaks or only order a pile of steaks at a restaurant. It's also where the story of how he drank a cup of applejuice gave him insomnia for a week and severe suicidal depression.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

lol you listen to joe rogan

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Ok fine how much to remove all my thetans

Please don't believe the lies fed to you by scientologists. Thetans are good for you! And I only charge $30 per thetan inserted, or three for $100.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Weka posted:

Please don't believe the lies fed to you by scientologists. Thetans are good for you! And I only charge $30 per thetan inserted, or three for $100.

Can you just insert 1 3 times for $90?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Imagine those meat farts

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

AEMINAL posted:

So glad I don't have the slightest clue who this twerp is. :)

It’s primonounced JORP, idiot!

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Colonel Cancer posted:

Can you just insert 1 3 times for $90?

I’m willing to negotiate, but I need you to tell me if thetans are neg fem or poz Draconic for hole purposes

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
I hope he gets run over by some kind of novelty vehicle.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Who What Now posted:

Joe Rogan asked about the diet, and Jordan went on and on about how it was a nightmare that was ruining his life because it made him feel awful and it was a pain to have to bring pre-cooked steaks or only order a pile of steaks at a restaurant. It's also where the story of how he drank a cup of applejuice gave him insomnia for a week and severe suicidal depression.

Sounds like a sub plot in Better Call Saul.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

guys i dont want to sound alarmist but i think jordan b peterson might be mentally ill

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

guys i dont want to sound alarmist but i think jordan b peterson might be mentally ill

dont worry hes a psychologist so he would know if he is mentally ill

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

vandalism posted:

The guy who made a career after he catapulted into fame by ranting about how much he wanted to misgender trans people can suck peeshit.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Rutibex posted:

dont worry hes a psychologist so he would know if he is mentally ill

:hmmyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The guy who made a career after he catapulted into fame by ranting about how much he wanted to misgender trans people can suck peeshit.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sid Vicious posted:

lol clean your room *lives in absolute filth*

One of the 12 rules for life is also speak clearly ....which is something Peterson is incapable of doing. Why say a short, concise sentence and get your point across with clarity when you can pepper your paragraph long speech with as many flowery words as possible in order to try and impress dipshits?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
speak exactly like kermit the frog

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Olympic Mathlete posted:

One of the 12 rules for life is also speak clearly ....which is something Peterson is incapable of doing. Why say a short, concise sentence and get your point across with clarity when you can pepper your paragraph long speech with as many flowery words as possible in order to try and impress dipshits?

Another two:

"Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world"

"Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie"

He published this while addicted to benzos.

None of this is bad advice. It's mostly just bland self-help drivel. He's just a massive hypocrite.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

One of the rules is about assuming people you disagree with know something you don't.

Same guy: debate a marxist? Read Gulag Archipelago, debate over.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Malkina_ posted:

I wish you were joking but it’s this

They think weed is a drug for minorities

or god drat hippies.

*develops a cocaine addiction and loses his teeths

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

thathonkey posted:

speak exactly like a joyless, brain damaged kermit the frog

FTFY.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

“Like Joseph McCarthy with the voice of Kermit the Frog.” -Robert Evans

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOTMZ5A-9kg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know much about Jordan Peterson, but he always looks really miserable so I can totally see how he might have gotten into benzos or heroin