Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

FFT posted:

hell even if i did i'd make sure the camera wasn't connected

and i'd use a completely different device if, as some suspect, the video was meant to be seen by someone else

basic compartmentalization, drat

It's hard to compartmentalize when you don't have boundaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
let he who has not jerked it on zoom cast the first stone

for instance, i have never jerked it on zoom, so i will cast the first stone

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
does it specifically have to be zoom or

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
exposing yourself to co-workers without their consent = acceptable but only when there is a pandemic going on

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
not at all surprising that an obese rich guy who hates progressives is a sex creep who doesn't actually do any work for his six figure salary, but the whole "we were doing a roleplaying session to simulate the 2020 election" part of the story is extremely harrowing to me. it wasn't even a performative thing to be seen by the public, they genuinely thought they would get some insight from that exercise. journalists are dumber than fish

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i started following this guy because he sometimes posts interesting, well-sourced little history tidbits, but, uh, :yikes:

https://twitter.com/xspotsdamark/status/1318637299652005889

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Frog Act posted:

i started following this guy because he sometimes posts interesting, well-sourced little history tidbits,

Nice try, cyrano

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

little munchkin posted:

the whole "we were doing a roleplaying session to simulate the 2020 election" part of the story

The President, Donald Trump did not respond to COVID and I declare him dead.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frog Act posted:

i started following this guy because he sometimes posts interesting, well-sourced little history tidbits, but, uh, :yikes:

swirlers? the gently caress do people really have to put a special label on everything

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
it's a weird reflection of ~miscegenation~

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

Both parties usually get into these relationships to live out the plantation/colonial fantasies.

Does he mean “swirling” specifically, or interracial relationships in general? :thunk:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
imagine believing in hosed up ideas like "normal people"

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/AuhsdBond/status/1318398594546692096?s=20

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
yeah the cia has never been interested in poor or landlocked countries, like

checks notes

Afghanistan

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

what value did vietnam have

the US topples left wing governments because it does not want left wing governments in the world, the wheres and who's do not matter so much

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

who's this school bonds guy? a poor man's wasbappin?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Platystemon posted:

checks notes

Afghanistan

they aren't poor, they're just underdeveloped

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Frog Act posted:

I hate to ask, but what's a "swirler"?

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013

Platystemon posted:

checks notes

Afghanistan

Laos would also like a word, probably.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I hate to ask, but what's a "swirler"?

guessing an interracial couple, like vanilla and chocolate swirled soft-serve ice cream

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
That's what I thought, but it's the internet, so you never know where an innocent question can end up.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
have you guys never heard the phrase 'down with the swirl'?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
nope

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Giga Gaia posted:

have you guys never heard the phrase 'down with the swirl'?

No?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Under what possible context would I have heard such a thing?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol goons

but yeah that phrase is 90s as hell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That manages to be some incredible, horrible mix of ludicrously racist and painfully twee that can only come from overly woke white people whose unexamined racism was only amplified by their purported anti-racism

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

its a really old phrase that pops up frequently wrt interracial dating. most recent that i can think of was someone asking keanu reeves while he was promoting john wick of all things. guess im old

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That manages to be some incredible, horrible mix of ludicrously racist and painfully twee that can only come from overly woke white people whose unexamined racism was only amplified by their purported anti-racism

white people inevitably adopt black phrases, it's a whole thing

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

white people inevitably adopt black phrases, it's a whole thing

ive only really heard black girls say it irl but it was definitely a white people thing in sitcoms and stuff in the 90s and early 2000s

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

people only hate on how Nathan J Robinson dresses because of the psychic pain they suffer when seeing him reminds them that they used to dress like doofuses

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/noorbinladin/status/1318902975633436677?s=21

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I would love it if this lady’s whole mission was to defeat America from within by getting conservatives to love and celebrate her as the niece of Osama bin Laden, but probably she’s just a standard conservative piece of poo poo because she’s from the Saudi ruling class.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
American Dad had it absolutely on point over a decade ago now that Saudi Arabia is the conservative dream just with some cosmetic changes

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

American Dad had it absolutely on point over a decade ago now that Saudi Arabia is the conservative dream just with some cosmetic changes

Those dudes convert to islam a lot if they actually see it lol

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

TeenageArchipelago posted:

people only hate on how Nathan J Robinson dresses because of the psychic pain they suffer when seeing him reminds them that they used to dress like doofuses

Or that they could dress like a doofus now but are too cowardly to.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Giga Gaia posted:

ive only really heard black girls say it irl but it was definitely a white people thing in sitcoms and stuff in the 90s and early 2000s

Yeah i've never heard the term "swirler" out of an irl white person, but i have out of a few black women. When they used it, it seemed to mean less "I date white dudes" and more "I ONLY date white dudes".

One of those black ladies was the most openly bigoted person I've ever met, which was very shocking since i have a huge amount of white trash southern/appalachian family. She drunkenly told us at an after work get together about how she paid for her white ex husband to get a confederate flag tattoo, and this made her like, super horny.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swirl

2003 and it's painfully obvious in context

granted the context is knowing what a "swirl" is in a place that sells frozen yogurt, so....

behold, a swirl:

stringless has issued a correction as of 12:53 on Oct 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

cop killers probably statistically save more innocent lives than cops do