Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spooky Halloween Outfit Ideas
This poll is closed.
The guy from Hades 37 7.76%
The priest from Faith 22 4.61%
A Corpse from Microsoft's Graveyard 27 5.66%
The Ouya 62 13.00%
Google Stadia (scariest option) 73 15.30%
Mr. Mosquito 31 6.50%
Did someone say Bowsette? BECAUSE I AM PRETTY SURE I HEARD SOMEONE SAY BOWSETTE 122 25.58%
Wario (nude) 62 13.00%
Wario (formal) 33 6.92%
Captain N 8 1.68%
Total: 304 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

LawfulWaffle posted:

Yeah, that was very unexpected. The last like four chapters were amazing. From the Someya and Big Lo encounter through to the end.

Very thematically I earned enough exp to level my last stat to 200 in the penultimate fight (had to do some desperate sushi eating to put me over the edge), so I was able to get the Limit Break achievement at the absolutely perfect moment.

Yeah, I found six a bit of a slow start (especially compared to how much more immediately interesting 0 is) but it really gets moving towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

cheetah7071 posted:

Gonna need to think long and hard about what song I complete my square with

Yesterday's Opponents are Today's Ingredients

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
https://youtu.be/dGqa0keFM3s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

Yesterday's Opponents are Today's Ingredients

That's cold even for you, Donald.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Gonna need to think long and hard about what song I complete my square with

well he ain't my boy but the brother is heavy

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
My FFT save data was corrupted :cry:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Awesome Animals posted:

6-word horror story.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Awesome Animals posted:

Oof, condolences :(

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Isleton, Eustacia, Merilda. I will remember you.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Awesome Animals posted:

Blame yourself, or God

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I completely blame myself. I was swapping my memory card between my Vita and PS TV, which almost certainly broke something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just means it's time to replay it on an emulator at 8x speed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Saving...
Do not turn off your console.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I will definitely be doing some stuff to get back to where I was without spending 20 hours to do so.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Beat takeshi's performance in 6 is amazing

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does gamefaqs still have a “saves” section? Try there you might get lucky

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

This happened to me for Skies of Arcadia, about 20 hours in. Decided I really didn't want to replay that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

I will definitely be doing some stuff to get back to where I was without spending 20 hours to do so.

Time to exploit the job point glitch

Arzaac posted:

This happened to me for Skies of Arcadia, about 20 hours in. Decided I really didn't want to replay that

How far along were you?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Video game shopkeepers that get mad at you for not buying anything are dumb. That's not how you build a customer base!!!

edit: This came up because of DX: Human Revolution. The npcs also call you "Uyobok" which apparently translates to "retarded fucker" and is an extremely offensive insult.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 21, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

It's been a while, but I know I finished the ship battle against the big green boy and got the green macguffin. I think my save corrupted sometime after that?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

stev posted:

The idea of watching streams to the extent a lot of people do seems like shithell.

I just mostly watch channels that do 24/7 streams of Iron Chef and Gamecenter CX while I'm working and it owns pretty hard tbh

I wonder what this whole thing means for musicians whose streams are entirely playing song covers though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Does gamefaqs still have a “saves” section? Try there you might get lucky

Their saves section has been a massive life saver for PS1 and PS2 games.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Yea, I'll be using LionEditor to recreate my save. I will continue to be a good kind of class traitor (if I'm following the story correctly).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

Video game shopkeepers that get mad at you for not buying anything are dumb. That's not how you build a customer base!!!

edit: This came up because of DX: Human Revolution. The npcs also call you "Uyobok" which apparently translates to "retarded fucker" and is an extremely offensive insult.

Wtf, square enix?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thinking about Etrian Odyssey now.

"Next time you should buy something."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The last of my garden vegetables came in :toot:

I've had fresh eggplant, carrots (they're small lol but huge greens on them), cucumber, tomatoes, peppers since April. I'm growing blueberries that I don't expect to survive winter because I hosed up a bit and some brussels sprouts too. My lettuce literally dissolved in a heatwave and chipmunks ate my onions though so rip them. I had a rose bush and some flowers around too but the heavy rains in August washed them out.

Eat your greens goons!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Wtf, square enix?

I think they just wanted a european sounding insult and didn't really do much research. Apparently it's hilarious to native-speakers because of the severity of the insult being used in fairly normal situations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Who has something games-related they want to confess?

I used to scam people in Diablo 2 by offering them to join my fake clan and then making them do a "trust test" where they had to drop their items on the ground then I just took their items and left.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Sounds like you'd be perfect for Goonswarm

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I ran a moderately successful (well known enough to be on the wiki) Urban Dead group when it was at its most popular. This would've been over a decade ago.

I cheated by making a second account and using it to scout the neighborhood for gear/zombies. Both my accounts ended up getting banned. It was really shameful, I felt genuinely bad for letting down the group because I wanted to cheat.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I scammed people in MMOs a few times but immediately felt extremely guilty every time and gave them their stuff back 5 seconds later

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I run the team that's winning in the voting contest

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Help Im Alive posted:

I scammed people in MMOs a few times but immediately felt extremely guilty every time and gave them their stuff back 5 seconds later

Oh I was like 13 so I was a little dipshit with no moral compass.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Huh. Sorry but I can't forgive you.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i thought it was funny to say "ironic" slurs in my old lp videos 😬

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I used save states to beat the final boss of Actraiser

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Oh I was like 13 so I was a little dipshit with no moral compass.

So was I so I'm definitely judging you rn

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

So was I so I'm definitely judging you rn

It's okay, I can handle it. I'm a much better adult than I was a teen.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I used to scam people in Diablo 2 by offering them to join my fake clan and then making them do a "trust test" where they had to drop their items on the ground then I just took their items and left.

My friend and I would grief people endlessly in starcraft by playing 2v2 games on opposing sides and then switching our allegiances right at the opportune moment and wipe out the other guys before they had any idea what was going on.

Or when we got bored of that we would just start a match, sit in the lobby and pretend to not be the match creator and spam gogogogogogo in chat until people got fed up and left

There was other things we used to do in that game but I cant remember now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I used to stand at the entrance to the first town in Maple Story and spam "Welcome to Hell!" when people would get out of the tutorial.