Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bring back agent carter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

so Fifty Shades of Grey then

Yeah I was very much going for that reference.
My other plan was to suggest someone making Naruto but remove all the Ninja stuff and have them just as high school students.
But they did that too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The Question IRL posted:

....Who makes a series about the Son of Satan, Damien Hellstorm. And decides that they need to cut out all the Supernatural poo poo.

Marvel already has this weird policy that they can't have Satan as a character. So Hellstorm and Satana isn't the children of Satan, they're the children of some dude that just happens to live in an unspecific region of one of the hells in the Marvel Universe.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's especially weird, considering that even the Hulu stuff had moved past that point, given that the latter seasons of Runaways (and all of Cloak & Dagger) had mystical elements as key plot elements.

I was glad when they decided that the Staff of One wasn't some dumb tech thing coded to Minoru blood and shifted it to actual magic

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

site posted:

Bring back agent carter

That dangling cliffhanger is garbage, but at least we know Jarvis lives after whichever Avengers movie he was in

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Alhazred posted:

Marvel already has this weird policy that they can't have Satan as a character. So Hellstorm and Satana isn't the children of Satan, they're the children of some dude that just happens to live in an unspecific region of one of the hells in the Marvel Universe.

I mean just use Mephisto then. Hell, wikipedia even says that they aren't Satan's kids, just some demon poser.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

poly and open-minded posted:

I was glad when they decided that the Staff of One wasn't some dumb tech thing coded to Minoru blood and shifted it to actual magic
I hated that last season plot with Morgana and wished she had just been one of the light people that went rogue, actually.

Amazing to see them retool the show in mid-season then drop the whole "No, actually, Wilder is an rear end in a top hat" thing in, too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Who wants more of Jared Leto's Joker?

https://twitter.com/HeatVisionBlog/status/1318990322131783682?s=20

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
So either a flashback to where Robin dies or a beefed up after-credits Injustice League scene?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
According to Ayer and Leto they have literal hours of unused footage from SS. They said "enough to make an entire Joker film" so maybe they're using some of that?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
No, the article says he’s shooting new footage.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

According to Ayer and Leto they have literal hours of unused footage from SS. They said "enough to make an entire Joker film" so maybe they're using some of that?

Should've packaged it as a "new" movie with the Suicide Squad DVD, like Anchorman did. Call it "Suicide Squad: Wake Up, Joker!"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Oh, this is a Snyder cut thing? Where the hell do you crowbar the Joker into that Justice League? When I saw the headline I thought they were talking about a new Justice League movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
the episode on what bats has been up to after supes death presumably

e: \/\/\/\/or that

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

Oh, this is a Snyder cut thing? Where the hell do you crowbar the Joker into that Justice League? When I saw the headline I thought they were talking about a new Justice League movie.

The most likely part is, like I said, an expanded scene like the one they had at the end of the original, with Luthor getting together a bunch of villains to start his own Injustice League.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The Snyder cut is going to be so loving overstuffed as it is. If the joker is more than just a cameo of Batman punching him once and then going off to do actual plot relevant stuff... just wow.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Snyder cut is going to be so loving overstuffed as it is. If the joker is more than just a cameo of Batman punching him once and then going off to do actual plot relevant stuff... just wow.

It's 4 hours long

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I knew that's what this "cut" was but i still can't believe the balls to straight up shoot a new character into the movie in "post".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Roth posted:

It's 4 hours long

with it being a miniseries now it might end up a bit longer

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MorningMoon posted:

I knew that's what this "cut" was but i still can't believe the balls to straight up shoot a new character into the movie in "post".

Affleck is shooting new Batman scenes, I believe most of the main cast are returning to film new material.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MorningMoon posted:

He's not likely to get another chance at this, so why wouldn't he cram absolutely everything he ever wanted into this? Either it succeeds fantastically enough to reignite interest and he gets to keep making DC superhero movies, or he goes out knowing he did everything he wanted to do.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Phylodox posted:

He's not likely to get another chance at this, so why wouldn't he cram absolutely everything he ever wanted into this? Either it succeeds fantastically enough to reignite interest and he gets to keep making DC superhero movies, or he goes out knowing he did everything he wanted to do.

He may as well but that's a far cry from years of him saying "I just want to release the movie that was made and ready to go. There's a whole cut done. Here's a picture as proof." Then shockingly it changed to needing to tweak and add stuff because what he showed WB executives was a bit rough and incomplete. Which is fine, but not what he asserted for years. His problem was not just saying "I turned in a cut, so there's a whole version of this movie, but it needed a lot of love" from the get-go. He convinced a ton of fans that this was a fully finished film in a vault that the big mean people at DC were just refusing to flip a switch and release.

The fact he's straight up adding things that weren't even part of the original project just emphasizes this. I'm not mad about it, as boring and pointless as Leto's Joker was, but it tracks with every half-truth we've been told since the beginning about this project. That's all.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean, it's entirely possible he had a complete movie ready to go, but now that he's realized he's up against the wall with nothing to lose he might as well go hog wild with the thing and just shoot every single idea he ever had for the movie from the start.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Superman is gonna break Leto-Joker's neck and everyone will cheer

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seems pretty clear now The Snyder Cut did not exist.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Codependent Poster posted:

If this is the case then I'll allow it

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Phylodox posted:

I mean, it's entirely possible he had a complete movie ready to go, but now that he's realized he's up against the wall with nothing to lose he might as well go hog wild with the thing and just shoot every single idea he ever had for the movie from the start.

The simpler answer is simply that he's getting more than he thought was possible, so he's going to take advantage of it.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Didn't Jared Leto end up becoming a cult leader of some sort? I'm surprised he's still getting Hollywood work after that.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JordanKai posted:

Didn't Jared Leto end up becoming a cult leader of some sort? I'm surprised he's still getting Hollywood work after that.

[insert Tom Cruise joke here]

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Phylodox posted:

[insert Tom Cruise joke here]

Point taken. :negative:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

I was just going to suggest that they slot him into the place of the rando guy that Battinson beats the absolute poo poo out of in the Batman trailer because then that would eliminate my problems with it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Spoiler, it's actually Leto playing himself and Batman sends him to Arkham for being a weird culty kid fucker.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

I heard an ad for this on behind the bastards that said they were the children of a serial killer lol

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

As Snyder Batman kills it's weird that the Joker, of all people, is still alive and seemingly at large so it will be funny if the Leto Joker is on screen for thirty seconds just so Batman can headshot him in a sort of "always meant to tie that knot" kind of way.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Karloff posted:

As Snyder Batman kills it's weird that the Joker, of all people, is still alive and seemingly at large so it will be funny if the Leto Joker is on screen for thirty seconds just so Batman can headshot him in a sort of "always meant to tie that knot" kind of way.

It'll be a 20 minute single take in which the Justice League beat the poo poo out of Joker just so the crew can beat the poo poo out of Leto on camera.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It'll be a 20 minute single take in which the Justice League beat the poo poo out of Joker just so the crew can beat the poo poo out of Leto on camera.

You hear Snyder yell cut a few moments in, then the sound of him being dragged away.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's definitely going to be that stinger where Lex talks to Slade about teaming up, I'll bet money it cuts to Leto after and he goes "Sounds fun!" or something.

At least I hope that's all it is, god I don't want more Leto joker.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm imagining the printer scene from Office Space only with an edgy clown

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If he wants to add sex monsters to his cut he can replace Eisenberg with Kevin Spacey for Lex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

The Snyder Cut and Zack Snyders Justice League are 2 different things.

The Snyder cut is the movie that was meant for theatrical release, and barring some post- visual fx it was done.

Zack Snyders Justice League is likely the movie he intended in the first place, before the studio got cold feet from the BvS reviews and mandated he turn the two parter into one film. It's basically what he envisioned in the first place, and also why the price tag is 70 million instead of 10million or whatever it would take to just finish the special effects.

Karloff posted:

That would be at odds with his arc at the end of BvS. But it would also be hilarious.