Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

15 loving minutes for a bologna sandwich video gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I hope nobody is watching brad for the food

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Veskit posted:

I hope nobody is watching brad for the food

It's Alive generally produced interesting and tasty-seeming results. Other than the bologna sandwich I can't think of another Brad recipe outside of Its Alive.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He made a lovely looking omelette steak thing that Adam Rappaport tasted and said was overcooked. His kimchi also looked really bad.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I remember watching that bologna sandwich video and kind of enjoying it. I don't
think most people watch BA videos for the recipes.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's Alive generally produced interesting and tasty-seeming results. Other than the bologna sandwich I can't think of another Brad recipe outside of Its Alive.

That kimchi was bullshit

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV-SUOpW408&t=399s

Babish's studio crew is legend status

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Him and Andy fighting over sumac in the cranberry sauce.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thomamelas posted:

Him and Andy fighting over sumac in the cranberry sauce.

Oh well yeah there's the Making Perfect vids but I was more thinking about recipes that Bread developed himself outside of that and It's Alive.

It's not really that the bologna sandwich was bad. I like a bologna sandwich as much as anyone but it's not like he made the bologna or even the bread, it was like four ingredients that he put together and did nothing interesting with.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh well yeah there's the Making Perfect vids but I was more thinking about recipes that Bread developed himself outside of that and It's Alive.

It's not really that the bologna sandwich was bad. I like a bologna sandwich as much as anyone but it's not like he made the bologna or even the bread, it was like four ingredients that he put together and did nothing interesting with.

and it cruised its way to 3 million views.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

And was absolutely used to justify lower salaries for BIPOC video people because they didn't pull those numbers

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

That is the most complicated way to independently invent a Caesar that I've ever seen.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

enki42 posted:

That is the most complicated way to independently invent a Caesar that I've ever seen.

I had honestly never heard of a Caesar before watching (the fantastic) Letterkenny. Now I want one, but not enough to make my own

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That is wild to me. Maybe it's this Canadian bubble talking but I don't think I'd even heard of a bloody mary until a few years ago and definitely never heard of anyone ordering one up here. It's Caesars all the way down.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

flashy_mcflash posted:

That is wild to me. Maybe it's this Canadian bubble talking but I don't think I'd even heard of a bloody mary until a few years ago and definitely never heard of anyone ordering one up here. It's Caesars all the way down.

That's because a bloody mary is the significantly inferior version of a Caesar. God I love a good Caesar.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Siochain posted:

That's because a bloody mary is the significantly inferior version of a Caesar. God I love a good Caesar.

gently caress I want one right now. Best is when they get real stupid about it and put all types of poo poo in there - pickle, celery, a pepperette, a slice of bacon, a pickled bean, a whole chili pepper - until you cannot locate the liquid matter to save your life.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Im from NH but somehow Bloody Ceasar technology didn't make its way to this side of the border until I started watching a Canadian TV show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

flashy_mcflash posted:

Have you never seen a tv show where people eat brunch before? They always order a bloody mary in those.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'm glad that they prominently featured their new team member in this video, she's adorable and I hope we see more of her.

and Sohla is great too

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Have you never seen a tv show where people eat brunch before? They always order a bloody mary in those.

I'm pretty sure those have always been mimosas or I've mentally replaced BM's with BC's.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Mimosas are for the pre-game crowd, bloody marys for the post game crowd nursing a hangover.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Unless someone specifically says the word "bloody mary", it's pretty much impossible to distinguish the two drinks by sight, so yeah I always just mentally assume they're caesars.

It's pretty crazy how there's like zero penetration of caesars south of the border when they're 100% ubiquitous in Canada and have completely replaced bloody marys. Sometimes in tourist-heavy towns like Vegas bartenders will know what you're talking about, although they still inevitably (and inexplicably - you're replacing one ingredient!) screw it up.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

flashy_mcflash posted:

gently caress I want one right now. Best is when they get real stupid about it and put all types of poo poo in there - pickle, celery, a pepperette, a slice of bacon, a pickled bean, a whole chili pepper - until you cannot locate the liquid matter to save your life.

Mmmm-hmmmm. Place near my parents does a seafood one, with amazing garlicy-spicy shrimp on a skewer stuck into a massive double if not triple sized drink. Along with pickle juice, chili peppers, etc. So bloody amazing.
Now I need to go get some clamato...

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The difference is that the Canadian version includes pure essence of nastiness, Clamato.

If you are lucky enough not to have seen or tasted this before its mix of tomato juice and clam juice.

Edit: LOL at above post.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

xtal posted:

The difference is that the Canadian version includes pure essence of nastiness, Clamato.

If you are lucky enough not to have seen or tasted this before its mix of tomato juice and clam juice.

It's extremely good, traitor

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Chipotle Tabasco really takes a Bloody Mary up a notch.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Clamato and v8!

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

xtal posted:

Lucky as in "you're lucky enough to get to try it for the first time", yeah? As the babish video demonstrates, a good bloody mary is a caesar.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

flashy_mcflash posted:

That was the point of the issue. The recipes that get videos are related to whatever issue they're working on at the time of filming. The issue its from was focused on making simple recipes better with a little effort.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

enki42 posted:

Unless someone specifically says the word "bloody mary", it's pretty much impossible to distinguish the two drinks by sight, so yeah I always just mentally assume they're caesars.

It's pretty crazy how there's like zero penetration of caesars south of the border when they're 100% ubiquitous in Canada and have completely replaced bloody marys. Sometimes in tourist-heavy towns like Vegas bartenders will know what you're talking about, although they still inevitably (and inexplicably - you're replacing one ingredient!) screw it up.

Guess it depends on where you live, because I live in a West coast boarder town and having tasted both, I can't tell the difference.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Micheladas are better than Caesars or Bloody Marys and they use Clamato so Clamato is the winner.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks like a seafood gazpacho soup

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The gently caress is that Dorito dust ring around the cup?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Probably Tajín or something similar. it's good poo poo

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 22, 2020

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
yeah its tajin. micheladas where I live are usually made with just regular tomato juice and not clamato but ive seen both

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

That was the point of the issue. The recipes that get videos are related to whatever issue they're working on at the time of filming. The issue its from was focused on making simple recipes better with a little effort.

What effort did he put into that recipe? He cut the bologna so it wouldn't curl up and mixed mustard and mayo together to make a dressing. If that's effort I'm an Olympian.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I guess he cooked the bologna and toasted the bread? It was not technically a bare minimum sandwich. That's not to say it was especially compelling either.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Claire Saffitz, formerly of BA, has just released her new book, Dessert Person. The cover is quite pretty!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Molly also has a new book coming out next year. It just seems... appropriate that the white blond whose boring videos got lots of clicks also has her face on the cover. Sorry to be so cynical about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Molly also has a new book coming out next year. It just seems... appropriate that the white blond whose boring videos got lots of clicks also has her face on the cover. Sorry to be so cynical about this.

lol a totally generic title for a totally generic cookbook, it's quite fitting

quote:

Throughout, you’ll encounter dozens of QR codes, accessed through the camera app on your smartphone, that link to short technique-driven videos hosted by Molly to help illuminate some of the trickier skills.

people love QR codes