Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Fenarisk posted:

After seeing firsthand how terrible and grindy battlepass systems are and vowing to never play them again, looks like I'm officially done with HS after all these years.
For the last... five years now I have had a personal goal to grind 100g per day in Hearthstone (total not from wins; I do sometimes play to 30 wins but it isn't a daily thing by a long shot). So long as the new rewards structure can still consistently net me 120 packs per expansion on release day I will probably give it a go but I am concerned that it might be "balanced" around sane players and only reward like 80 packs worth for the grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was on Trump's stream for Wizard duel :buddy:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Link to schedule:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ek8k7ZKXYAEKdkD?format=jpg&name=large

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Is madness a small mid season expansion? If so, why are they selling an 80 pack bundle? I'm all for shaking up the meta but it just seems like more nickel and diming folk. Sure commons and rares are fine but it's getting harder to keep up with all the epics and legendaries.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

adamarama posted:

Is madness a small mid season expansion? If so, why are they selling an 80 pack bundle? I'm all for shaking up the meta but it just seems like more nickel and diming folk. Sure commons and rares are fine but it's getting harder to keep up with all the epics and legendaries.

No, Madness is full. Madness will HAVE a small mid season expansion.

What has Blizzard said about the battlepass if anything?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Toshimo posted:

I just did a brawl and didn't advance any of my quest completions. WTF?

Yeah, only my "Play 3 games as x,y,z class" quests advanced in brawl or in playing against a friend. Draw cards, win games, didn't progress for example.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Darkmoon Faire is my favourite WoW zone so I'm super stoked for this set's atheistic :allears:

Also just lore curious, I remember Deathwing is tied to N'zoth but was Galakrond ever affiliated with the Old Gods?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Why is there a "progression and rewards revamp" date set? Does that literally exist so they can head off criticism of the rewards system off at the pass by or what? If so, that's pretty smart/funny. Otherwise why not release it with the revamped system if you already know what the revamp is going to be??

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

No, Madness is full. Madness will HAVE a small mid season expansion.

What has Blizzard said about the battlepass if anything?
Oh right, not bad then! Mid nov is early?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

adamarama posted:

A little bit, I think usually it's later in the month or early december. They normally announce stuff at blizzcon, or so I remember. :shrug:

N'zoth's voice is super cool. god i hope a decent warlock deck reappears.

Anyone know if he has spell voice lines? I'm kinda tempted.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 22, 2020

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

adamarama posted:

I mean, LOE was released just a few days after the announcement. :v:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Sounds like we're getting another game mode in addition to Duels.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/jg27je/updated_roadmap_confirms_another_new_game_mode/

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
how long does the update usually take to reach iOS?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Jeza posted:

Why is there a "progression and rewards revamp" date set? Does that literally exist so they can head off criticism of the rewards system off at the pass by or what? If so, that's pretty smart/funny. Otherwise why not release it with the revamped system if you already know what the revamp is going to be??

Probably because of major revision/minor revision software release cycle philosophy.

Tying in this system change with the major set release seems apropos.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

So I have to pre-purchase packs in order to play EA Duels? Welp, hard pass. Should at least have let people play Casual to try it out or offered it as a side-cost. Literally no interest in forking out for packs.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Toshimo posted:

I just did a brawl and didn't advance any of my quest completions. WTF?

Check if it did. I didn't get a pop up but they advanced yesterday.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
C’thun seems really good. I don’t see why any deck that isn’t hyper aggro or combo wouldn’t run it.

And the Tavern pass isn’t included with the big pack pre order? Really?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I thought Duels was locked behind pre-order, but apparently not!

Edit: nevermind, lol

They let you click all the way through, fuckers.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sloppy posted:

I thought Duels was locked behind pre-order, but apparently not!

Edit: nevermind, lol

They let you click all the way through, fuckers.

The early access is but when it fully releases it’ll be like an alternate arena.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

C’thun seems really good. I don’t see why any deck that isn’t hyper aggro or combo wouldn’t run it.

It's insanely slow needing to play 5 mostly bad 5 mana cards and then drawing C'thun.

That said: Maybe this time questlock will work?! :shepface:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dude... Zephrys tho

I would never want to stop playing him.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jeza posted:

So I have to pre-purchase packs in order to play EA Duels? Welp, hard pass. Should at least have let people play Casual to try it out or offered it as a side-cost. Literally no interest in forking out for packs.

To play now before it fully launches yes.
When the expansion comes out everyone can play it.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Jeza posted:

What? I cannot understand what you are trying to say, it makes no sense.
There is a date for the progression and rewards revamp because that is the date it goes live.
All of the details are here - https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/news/23534414/revamping-progression-and-rewards-in-hearthstone

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Xguard86 posted:

Check if it did. I didn't get a pop up but they advanced yesterday.

I checked mine - no change even after relogging.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

No Wave posted:

Dude... Zephrys tho

I would never want to stop playing him.

Begs the question of what happens if you have two copies of the same golden minion.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

RatHat posted:

you need to draw basically your entire deck to make sure you get all the Pieces, and you need to stay alive while you do it

it's Mechathun except it doesn't even guarantee you win the game

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Mr Beens posted:

To play now before it fully launches yes.
When the expansion comes out everyone can play it.

Yeah, sucks balls for people like me. Got to play BG in EA just idling Twitch, this time seems like you have to pay for packs. I don't play Constructed so it's just a waste of money to drop the price of a full game, the value of which is pretty much entirely wrapped up in packs I have no use for.

Mr Beens posted:

What? I cannot understand what you are trying to say, it makes no sense.
There is a date for the progression and rewards revamp because that is the date it goes live.
All of the details are here - https://playhearthstone.com/en-gb/news/23534414/revamping-progression-and-rewards-in-hearthstone

I was thinking it was related to the new mode rather than in general. My mistake.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

RatHat posted:

Even on the webpage dedicated to the new rewards track they are skirting around the pricepoint of the Tavern Pass.

I almost expect it to be 19.99 or even 24.99 (lol), considering that it will give you a golden Silas Darkmoon card, 3 Thrall and Jaina hero portraits (probably 1 each that can be upgraded twice), an alternate Warrior hero and matching card back as well as one of the new coin cards (if you complete all 50 levels).

The only other battle pass I ever bought was for Apex Legends, which basically pays for itself/the next season's pass and has 100+ cosmetic items. It was $10.

Well, we'll see, I guess.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

After playing the new mode a few times I'm not sure what to think. I love dungeon runs and I like the idea of making them pvp but too many times either player gets the perfect opening and there's literally nothing to do. If that was already a problem in arena it is even worse here.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jeza posted:

Yeah, sucks balls for people like me. Got to play BG in EA just idling Twitch, this time seems like you have to pay for packs. I don't play Constructed so it's just a waste of money to drop the price of a full game, the value of which is pretty much entirely wrapped up in packs I have no use for.

You can get early access from idling Twitch this time too.

quote:

From October 28 at 10:00 a.m. PT to November 11 at 11:00 p.m. PT, we’ll also be giving away Duels: Early Access to 500 random viewers every hour, across the entire Hearthstone category on Twitch! Watch any Hearthstone stream to be eligible to receive a drop, so long as your Battle.net and Twitch accounts are linked.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Duels apparently does Ban cards for anyone who was curious, was surprised to pick Rogue and see that Self-Sharpening Sword had a big banner on it saying it's Banned.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Darkmoon Faire is my favourite WoW zone so I'm super stoked for this set's atheistic :allears:

Also just lore curious, I remember Deathwing is tied to N'zoth but was Galakrond ever affiliated with the Old Gods?

Not that was ever said no, he wasn't a big part of Wrath of the Lich King just a single quest line. From what was said in the quests the dragonflights banded together and killed him at least before Deatgwing's corruption if not the old gods resurgence.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
here’s hoping lazul makes a reappearance

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I suck at deck-building of any sort so I'm gonna suck at Duels. Guess I should learn!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Lmao, just got got 84 stacks of Nomi's buff.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

skaboomizzy posted:

I suck at deck-building of any sort so I'm gonna suck at Duels. Guess I should learn!
I enjoy deck building but I've always hated dungeon runs because of the insane variance the treasure packages give you. This mode is not fun for me and I'm irritated that for some reason they went back to 'Win X games' instead of 'Play' for the quests.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Duels is so incredibly unbalanced. That's fine in a Solo mode or Tavern brawl, but in a mode against other players, for significant rewards, that costs Gold to enter, it's not very fun.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 23, 2020

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

RatHat posted:

Duels is so incredibly unbalanced. That's fine in a Solo mode or Tavern brawl, but in a mode against other players, for significant rewards, that costs Gold to enter, it's not very fun.

And with so little time investment, it's not like making it free to play will be much better, slamming concede in early rounds until you're looking at one of the Tier 1 treasures.

Duck Stab!
Oct 21, 2020

HERE I COME, CONSTANTINOPLE!

I'm a little fatigued of Hearthstone right now, but the Darkmoon Faire is one of my favorite things in WoW and I've always been waiting for them to do a Hearthstone set based on it...

I can't escape. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Devor posted:

And with so little time investment, it's not like making it free to play will be much better, slamming concede in early rounds until you're looking at one of the Tier 1 treasures.

I'm not sure what your point is. If it's quick it's fine for it to be terrible?