Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Otteration posted:

Yeah, that's gangrene, or soon to be. Immediate ice, cause, dissect, flush and irrigate, and maggots for good measure (if there's anything left worth saving).

My grandpa got bruises like that in the last few years of his life. He was on medication that made him bruise easier, but when you get old, you get fragile. Your skin gets fragile and you take a long time to heal. The veil between sick and healthy and alive and dead gets indistinct.

I don’t think we’ll get lucky enough for him to drop in the next year, but he’s an old fucker and his body’s falling apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Grondoth posted:

Whoa, debate bumps have been that big before? That's nuts to me.

reagan's was +8 iirc, but it was also his only one after carter bowed out rather than have a three way debate with john anderson

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

DynamicSloth posted:

"Oops dropped my mask..."

McConnell's response is "nothing to see here"

My guess? Congestive Heart Failure. We shall see. I'm not a doctor. But that...that can't be good.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

VH4Ever posted:

My guess? Congestive Heart Failure. We shall see. I'm not a doctor. But that...that can't be good.

Not good for McConnell, at least

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Democratic Pirate posted:

Anecdotally, I’ve seen one reaction to the debate across all my social media’s. It was a joke posted by an account dedicated to accounting jokes.

Ah come on you can't just tell us there's a quality accounting debate joke out there and not post it!

Quit holdin' out on us man!!!!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Spiritus Nox posted:

Given that the debate's been over for like an hour and people already seem to be largely over it, I'm probably going to bet against it giving Trump the 3rd largest debate bump in history he'd need to make this race truly tight again.

Trump probably gets 1-2 points from Republicans coming home. They were always going to return to Trump, short of him dropping an n bomb, so I don’t put too much emphasis on Biden’s national lead shrinking to 7-8 by early next week.

Borat will likely be the story that dominates the weekend, which works for Biden.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Apropos of nothing, the contrast between Melania in black mourning garb and Jill's vibrant dress with matching facemask is pretty striking.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DynamicSloth posted:

"Oops dropped my mask..."

McConnell's response is "nothing to see here"

I just saw these photos and :gonk: Whatever the gently caress is going on there can't be good.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

There was a covid outbreak in Mitch's child stables and he hasn't fed in months

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

TyrantWD posted:

Trump probably gets 1-2 points from Republicans coming home. They were always going to return to Trump, short of him dropping an n bomb, so I don’t put too much emphasis on Biden’s national lead shrinking to 7-8 by early next week.

Borat will likely be the story that dominates the weekend, which works for Biden.

Capped off with that 60 minutes interview, which will be interesting to watch as edited, especially if they don't edit it to make him look better than the unedited one.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

thank you for letting me break in my new IK powers!

He can’t respond - because you probed him.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Based on the rule of GOP projection that's actually a full body tattoo because Mitch is the leader of MS13.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

VH4Ever posted:

I've heard its probably because he fell again and that's the usual reaction in old people from the meds.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

On social media it looks like the main takeaway is Biden reaction gifs

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Biden realizing that Trump didn't GET his Lincoln joke is pretty solid. I had a similar reaction.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

There might actually be more hunter stuff, but from side of was rudy getting feed mis-information from russia and if so was it knowing or unknowingly.

The stories already falling apart, just a matter of will there be any new collapses in it next week big enough to take some of the news cycle. Doubt it will change votes, but it would keep the trump campaign on the back foot. Can't make up any new lies when your old ones are still very publicly being dismembered.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Grondoth posted:

Biden realizing that Trump didn't GET his Lincoln joke is pretty solid. I had a similar reaction.

Same energy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnKTNVbHRME

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
what if tortoise dies before the judge nom is complete?

the gang of regressive scats are alrteadytoo stupid to barely get unified just to get this just through.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I feel like Biden ended up slightly stumbling in reaction to that, like don't explain the joke, just laugh do the "Get a load of this guy" look and move on.

PhazonLink posted:

the gang of regressive scats are alrteadytoo stupid to barely get unified just to get this just through.

This isn't likely, what we're seeing I don't think is indicative of anything serious but I do would expect in this hypothetical for there to be a delay in proceedings while a majority leader is figured out.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

For the Borat thing, I'm now convinced he's doing the "secret" guy dick tuck thing where you try to hide the boner by changing the direction, but he doesn't have the dexterity anymore to do it in one swipe.

Note that he asked for her number and address right before this, so it makes it no less creepy.

Thats my forensic video editor opinion.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PhazonLink posted:

He dies and they're down one vote so we'd need a crapload more to put a spanner in those works.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Probably posted already but lol

https://twitter.com/lurie_john/status/1319492060811055105

Imagine if it had fallen over. Quite the LEAN there, Don!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mitch isn't going to die before Monday. And even if he were on death's door, he would still make sure she's rammed through, it's his life's work.

Personally I hope he lives long enough to see his work undone, and then dies painfully and alone shortly afterwards.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Darko posted:

For the Borat thing, I'm now convinced he's doing the "secret" guy dick tuck thing where you try to hide the boner by changing the direction, but he doesn't have the dexterity anymore to do it in one swipe.

Note that he asked for her number and address right before this, so it makes it no less creepy.

Thats my forensic video editor opinion.

The invitation to have a drink was most likely recorded separately and the audio for the phone number and address bit were clearly copied from a different context. Both times you don't see the faces of the speaker.

E: still a sex pest, it's just played up in post

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Oct 23, 2020

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ReidRansom posted:

Mitch isn't going to die before Monday. And even if he were on death's door, he would still make sure she's rammed through, it's his life's work.

Personally I hope he lives long enough to see his work undone, and then dies painfully and alone shortly afterwards.

Denying Mitch dignity in death to get the Supreme court judge in is what Mitch would have wanted. I hope they Weekend in Bernie's him at the nomination.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Snap polls are in

[url] https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1319488253649735680[/url]

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

Trump probably gets 1-2 points from Republicans coming home.

Are there any who aren't home? Dude has like a 96% approval with the GOP, there's no nervousness there about him like there was in 16.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Madkal posted:

Denying Mitch dignity in death to get the Supreme court judge in is what Mitch would have wanted. I hope they Weekend in Bernie's him at the nomination.

It'd would be poetic since they're ramming through this judge despite the dying wishes of the previous one.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Madkal posted:

I would love to see him live to poo poo himself on national tv like Nadler.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Spiritus Nox posted:

Are there any who aren't home? Dude has like a 96% approval with the GOP, there's no nervousness there about him like there was in 16.
Yeah those 'Never Trumpers', despite being very loud in the media, are not a real thing outside of the media class.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think there's probably a couple % worth of "independent" voters who like to hem and haw at controversial candidates before voting straight Republican ticket.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

VH4Ever posted:

This needs the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog Dr. Robotnik theme accompanying it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO_z2nO3ByM

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

PhazonLink posted:

They would be down a vote which would throw things into chaos slightly for them.

It would be very interesting for the Senate race in Kentucky. The governor is a Democrat although I am not sure what their process for this would be.

I know if I were McGrath I would use the tons of money I have and blast those hands and his face all over Kentucky media for the next week and a half asking what is he hiding. Do a “If he isn’t being honest with you about his health, what else isn’t he being honest about?” Alas she sucks so badly it won’t happen.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
I have basically rewired my brain to mainly think about politics at this point and this poo poo is exhausting for me, I can only imagine how it feels to the less deranged.

Fill Baptismal fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 23, 2020

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Who the debate indeed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wilbur Swain
Sep 13, 2007

These are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Uh according to my source your poll is way off, like way way off.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319501877202083840
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319501865625784320
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319500520126664705
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319500501269041154
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1319500486370877440

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who won!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Goddamn those retweets reek of desperation.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VH4Ever posted:

Have we ever had a good explanation for why he constantly leans forward like that? I seem to remember there being speculation about his shoes having lifts so he appears taller, but that posture can't be comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He's severely obese and feels like this "hides" his gut, my best guess.